Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.8

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY).

Interview

Got back to me briefly and asked me to come in for an interview.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who set me up with an initial phone call with her. After that, I came in for three different interviews with various members of the team I would be working on. I was asked to come in to speak with two more people who didn't have a chance to meet with me that day. The whole process from initial email to job offer was about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult or unexpected. If you have the proper background or credentials, you should have no problem answering the questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate but I was told my salary was at the top of their budget for this position. Make sure to negotiate other options such as vacation or personal days.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

3 step process : HR; hiring manager ; team interview References are important here Its about work experience, do ask some behaviour based questions ;

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. Please do negotiate before joining as your next 3 year salary is same as your first salary. There are no increments.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

Went from being an in person interview, to a skype interview to a phone interview. Asked questions related to Ogilvy & Mather's core principles. Be well read on different accounts they've worked on, their mission and how you fit into that.

Associate Interview

Interview

First step: Write three essays and get two faculty recommendations second step: Phone behavior interview third step: Super Saturday

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to think on your feet. A time you have failed. Why Ogilvy   Answer Question

Associate Creative Director Interview

Interview

Brought in to freelance based on portfolio review and short chat with recruiter. Hired after freelancing

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Had to negotiate the dollars, but was not too difficult

Web Analytics Interview

Interview

Phone interview, then brought in to meet the team in 30 min increments. Was told that they would get back to me in a week, and they specifically said that they would not leave me hanging. A week later, I checked in and was told that they were still processing and they would keep me updated. They never got back to me.

Intern Interview

Interview

team leader find me through linkedin and have two interview one with HR one with the team manager

Interview Questions

• they asked about my professional and academic experience, mostly about my resume   Answer Question

Negotiation

unnegotiable

Media Assistant Interview

Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Ogilvy in October 2008. I had good referrals at the time and this helped a lot with the interviewers. The questions were related to digital media. Regarding metrics and process of implementing and optimizing a campaign. The interviewers were already the people that I would work and this also helped to understand how the agency worked and what they were expecting from this opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What media metrics you should consider in an Awareness vs Performance campaign?   Answer Question

Account Planner Interview

Interview

3 rounds of interview. basically asked me why i wanted to shift from Qualitative Research to planning.