Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

2.9

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview was a pretty easy and familiar process. They were very fair in negotiating. The one on ones were with the individual team members and not super complicated.

Digital Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Recruitment called me and asked if I was interested in this position. The interview took place a week after the phone call. Creative Director interviewed me and was really uninterested - quite rude. However, gave me a second chance to send a second portfolio.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Ogilvy?
      Have you worked in Social Media before?
      When are you available?

Answer Question

Creative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (London, England (UK)) in October 2011.

Interview

simply approached us. we met them. hey like our work. they offered us position. relatively easy. i think looking in from afar. it is quite a beast to wrangle a position aboard.

Associate's Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

After going to an info session, I applied online through Ogilvy Titans website - resume, cover letter and two creative writing pieces, I got an on-campus interview then never heard back from company

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you took on a leadership position   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)).

Interview

Pretty informal, mine was conducted at the Starbucks inside the building which Ogilvy was located in. I was interviewed by an expat employee who later became my mentor throughout the duration I interned there.

Interview Questions

• Describe one thing each about your past internship that you liked and disliked   Answer Question

Content Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The job was for staffing a position at IBM's Marketing and Creative lab. Different versions of this job are listed pretty much 365/year and I felt that it meant they weren't really serious about staffing the position. Now I *know* they aren't serious. I did a phone interview, an in-person at Ogilvy, and 2 in-person interviews at IBM. They told me that I was the candidate they had been searching for and let me know that they would be extending an offer. The recruiter I worked with also got the same information and Ogilvy was set to offer me a contract by the end of the week. Great. Except they dragged this on for months, promising that a deal was forthcoming, then changing their minds and not telling me or the recruiter why they dropped me as a candidate. This is no way to treat a human being. I did everything right, they went back on a promise and tainted the reputation of their legendary company for me forever. I now work for a competitor and would love nothing more than to see my company kick their butts in the digital space. The company is bloated, dishonest and due for a correction.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experiences with Taxonomy on large client projects.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Step 1. Application with two Essay Questions (Resume, Cover Letter)
    Step 2. Phone or On Campus Interview (Behavioral interview is 30 mins)
    Step 3. Intensive Interview Day at Ogilvy & Mather NYC with a ton of different exercises to test you and see if you are a good fit for the culture
    Step 4. Offers given about a week later

Junior Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Tokyo (Japan)) in March 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed and casual interview with Senior Planner and Planning Director. A brief explanation of the things they do, which included a wide variety of tasks including research, consumer interviews etc. Depending on the question they were very vague with their answers which could mean that their role covers a wide variety of functions or there are no set functions for this position.

Interview Questions

• Did you know about Oglivy before applying and why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

I filled out a creative application followed by one in-person interview held at my university. I did not go on to Ogilvy’s Super Saturday round, which is the final stage held at their offices in New York City.

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was incredibly relaxed with an informal tone to how it was run. There was a lot of room for you to expand on your qualifications during your chances to speak but they really take the time to get to know your personality to see if you could fit in their work environment. I think that tends to be a little more important for them - if you get the chance to interview with them, they already assume you can more or less do the job you applied for, but but can you fit in their mold?

Interview Questions

• I see you had worked at (company). How did you enjoy your time there?   Answer Question