Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions

2.9

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in September 2014.

The interview was incredibly relaxed with an informal tone to how it was run. There was a lot of room for you to expand on your qualifications during your chances to speak but they really take the time to get to know your personality to see if you could fit in their work environment. I think that tends to be a little more important for them - if you get the chance to interview with them, they already assume you can more or less do the job you applied for, but but can you fit in their mold?

Interview Questions
    • I see you had worked at (company). How did you enjoy your time there?   Answer Question

Junior Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in October 2014.

Pretty classic starightforward creative interview - crit of the book along with motivation questions and a relaxed chat. Interviewers were pretty laid back and down to earth and this made the whole atmosphere better.

Account Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in February 2015.

Received the interview through my university and it was the only interview in the entire process. There was only about 10-15 interview slots for the day. Interview was done over Skype, which loses the personal touch. The interviewer was pretty indifferent. Interviewer only asked questions off of a sheet and recorded notes on the answers I gave. She wasn't very personable, which made it hard to get a read on her ( very different than most of Ogilvy reviews). She also got confused with some of the scenarios I gave her during what, to me, were a simple business illustrations.

Interview Questions
    • Q: Give an example of how you worked in a group that creatively solved a problem and illustrate your role in that process.

Q: Give an example of a time that you worked in a group and met challenges with another group member and how you overcame those challenges.

Q: Give an example of a time where, in a group, you failed to complete a task or goal.

Q: Why Ogilvy?

A lot of the questions seemed to revolve around the explicit ways in which you have been creative within the specifically framed question. No questions on your skills. No personal strength, weakness, or failure questions. Very group oriented.

Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

My interview process was fairly easy. They were staffing up on a smaller account, so I just spoke with the HR recruiter on the phone and with the account supervisor a couple weeks later. Both of which were extremely friendly and knowledgable and sold me the position. Once I had completed the interviews, I was eager to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in this position/agency? How does your background make you the best fit for this role? Whats a difficult professional situation you have been in the past and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied online – interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in February 2015.

I am a responsible and hard working boy not well accountant but i hv knowledge of accounts.sale tax calculation delhi vat return file and sale purchase and related wprks of accounts.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland (New Zealand)
    Anonymous Employee in Auckland (New Zealand)

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in February 2015.

Firstly dealing with HR, quickly selected for interview. Interviewed by the person who would be my manager, very informal style. Whole process took one week (they needed to hire for role quickly). Seemed like a great environment to work, the people were all super lovely to myself and each other, a bit of a big family atmosphere. I was selected for the role but after extreme internal debate i knew the role was too junior for my skill set despite being able to work for the amazing Ogilvy name. The search continues...

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Ogilvy? Why do you want to work in marketing/advertising? Where do you see yourself long term? Pretty standard stuff.   Answer Question

Account Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in January 2015.

I sent in my resume to the HR of Ogilvy Mumbai India after waiting for 2 weeks i wrote a follow up mail to the HR and then got an immediate response regarding the opening in Ogilvy One which is the digital wing of Ogilvy. She asked about my college and my qualifications and arranged a telephonic interview with one of the existing employees at digital.

Interview Questions
    • Why digital planning?
      Have i done any digital projects at college level?
      What is Account Planning according to me?
      My point of view regarding advertising?

Answer Question
    It was an Unpaid internship.

Fellowship Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in June 2014.

It had total of 3 rounds including the online application process. Online application is critical as it determines if you get called for the first round or not... so be true to yourself but show interest in the field.. if you are good, then you get into the first round. Enthusiasm, knowledge are key to being selected. If you get past the 2nd round.. you get into an assessment day.. its a long day... but if you make this.. you become a fellow.

Interview Questions
    • I dont know.. the interview progresses based on how you answer so if you say x, it might lead them to ask you about something and so on....   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

I landed the initial interview through a staffing agency. I then spoke, one on one, with an Executive for approximately 20 minutes. They were very kind, funny, and to the point. They were interested in my background, my interests, and what brought me to Ogilvy. After chatting, they explained the role in detail, stressing how a lot of it about the nuance of the bullet points required.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

The HR dept. seems to be a bit lacking. My interviewer asked me a lot of menial questions and basically wanted me to reiterate the resume she held in her hand. I've had temp experience as an assistant and tried to show her my knowledge but she really had little interest in what i had to say. All in all, she seemed to just be going through the motions.