Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in January 2014.

Initial contact was made by the HR team via LinkedIn. The first step was a fast phone interview to inform about positions and confirm experience. A separate person will schedule the in-person interview--mine was rather presumptuous with my time, not informing me how much time to set aside and trying to book an additional round of interviews with an additional team without my knowledge.

I was there for 3+ hours and met with five members of the team. All of them were incredibly nice, looking for detailed information about experience and strategic points of view. I was offered to come back to meet with more people, but declined because I didn't feel the chemistry with the team.

Interview Questions
    • I think that Ogilvy asks team members to throw a "curveball" question at the end of each interview. Each person that had time to ask me a last question asked a rather unexpected question. The two I remember are "What is one impression I have of you that is not true" and "Name a song that would be on the soundtrack of your life."   Answer Question

Intern Interview

team leader find me through linkedin and have two interview one with HR one with the team manager

Interview Questions
    • they asked about my professional and academic experience, mostly about my resume   Answer Question
    unnegotiable

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in April 2014.

First round interviews where done on phone. Basic information was exchanged like "tell me about yourself?" The next round is more serious where three people talk to you in increments of 20 minutes on the phone. Be specific with your information.

Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 12 months - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in March 2012.

Ogilvy is big on their referrals - best way to get an interview is to know someone that works there - or directly reach out to the creative resource manager. I had 2 interviews - helped that I worked at Leo Burnett for 6 years... The people here are honestly the nicest I have come across in all my years in Chicago. Many clubs, events, outings, etc.

Interview Questions
    I gave a range, they came in right in the middle, I asked for a little more, they said that was already higher than they usually go, I accepted it w/ an extra week of vacation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

First there was a Skype interview with an HR, followed by 3 phone interviews. Asked the normal behavioral questions, with a few that were harder than normal. The Skype interview was more difficult since it was a little more awkward. The process took a long time, about 4 months total.

Interview Questions
    • When's a time you failed, and how did you correct the failure?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in May 2013.

The entire process was relatively simple. I submitted my work through HR and a few months later received and email from them asking if I was still interested in doing the internship. Afterwards I had a phone interview which consisted of a few questions and a few weeks later I got my offer. The questions were all really reasonable and easy to answer.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Morristown, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in March 2014.

Submitted my interview on the website, a few weeks later they contacted me for an interview. I was recommended by an employee so I got to skip some of the previous hiring steps.

Senior Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

I was able to interview shortly after submitting my resume, however, the entire interview process is quite lengthy. It took 3 months before I was actually hired. When I spoke to others on my team they had mentioned going through a similar process, so it does take awhile before you hear back.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were basic. They asked about my experience, but nothing too difficult or specific. It was very casual, more like a conversation.   Answer Question

Associate Creative Director Interview

Brought in to freelance based on portfolio review and short chat with recruiter. Hired after freelancing

Interview Questions
    Had to negotiate the dollars, but was not too difficult

Consumer Insight Analyst Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

one of my friend referred me and I have one skype interview with a team leader. They hired me right after the interview

Interview Questions
    • tell me a little bit about your research experiences   View Answer
    non