Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2015
Updated Mar 3, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

team leader find me through linkedin and have two interview one with HR one with the team manager

Interview Questions
    • they asked about my professional and academic experience, mostly about my resume   Answer Question
    unnegotiable

Account Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in April 2014.

The process was extremely long and draining. There was a first round interview that was brief, and then a series of 3 interviews with people from the specific group that you're interested in.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty straightforward; no curve balls.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

First there was a Skype interview with an HR, followed by 3 phone interviews. Asked the normal behavioral questions, with a few that were harder than normal. The Skype interview was more difficult since it was a little more awkward. The process took a long time, about 4 months total.

Interview Questions
    • When's a time you failed, and how did you correct the failure?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in April 2014.

First round interviews where done on phone. Basic information was exchanged like "tell me about yourself?" The next round is more serious where three people talk to you in increments of 20 minutes on the phone. Be specific with your information.

Planning Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in April 2014.

I sent an email to the recruiter who received my resume and scheduled three phone call interviews back-to-back. The interviews were very friendly and personal. They were just three really nice people who wanted to be friends and get to know me.

Interview Questions
    • What is one example in a recent ad campaign of a brand that really connected with it's target market?   Answer Question
    Terms were set already. They sent over an offer letter with everything outlined.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in March 2014.

Submitted my interview on the website, a few weeks later they contacted me for an interview. I was recommended by an employee so I got to skip some of the previous hiring steps.

Associate's Program (Titans) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in March 2014.

They came to my university to talk about the program during the first semester of my senior year. I fell in love, it sounded amazing. There was an online application that I submitted directly through my school to them, which involved two writing prompts (why do you want a career in communications, and what was your biggest regret are the two I picked out of a few options). You also needed two references. I then got an interview once the recruiters came back to school – probably around 10 others were selected to interview at my school. The interviewer, an alum, asked a list of basic interview questions and had NOT read any of my prior materials. It felt like a waste of my time since he clearly was looking for certain answers to the questions and was just going down the list, without any interest in having genuine conversation. But if you're prepared with basic interview answers you should be ok. It's just highly competitive.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in February 2014.

Filled out application and writing 2 sample essays from given prompts - if you could have a dinner party with 3 people (one from the past, one from the present, one from the future) who would they be and why and why do you want to be in PR. Then HR contacted me via email to tell me I would be interviewed over the phone. Two people interviewed separately me for about 30 minutes each. Then I was contacted via email by HR with the decision.

Senior Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

I was able to interview shortly after submitting my resume, however, the entire interview process is quite lengthy. It took 3 months before I was actually hired. When I spoke to others on my team they had mentioned going through a similar process, so it does take awhile before you hear back.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were basic. They asked about my experience, but nothing too difficult or specific. It was very casual, more like a conversation.   Answer Question

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in January 2014.

Initial contact was made by the HR team via LinkedIn. The first step was a fast phone interview to inform about positions and confirm experience. A separate person will schedule the in-person interview--mine was rather presumptuous with my time, not informing me how much time to set aside and trying to book an additional round of interviews with an additional team without my knowledge.

I was there for 3+ hours and met with five members of the team. All of them were incredibly nice, looking for detailed information about experience and strategic points of view. I was offered to come back to meet with more people, but declined because I didn't feel the chemistry with the team.

Interview Questions
    • I think that Ogilvy asks team members to throw a "curveball" question at the end of each interview. Each person that had time to ask me a last question asked a rather unexpected question. The two I remember are "What is one impression I have of you that is not true" and "Name a song that would be on the soundtrack of your life."   Answer Question