Ogilvy & Mather

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in April 2014.

Interview Details – First round interviews where done on phone. Basic information was exchanged like "tell me about yourself?" The next round is more serious where three people talk to you in increments of 20 minutes on the phone. Be specific with your information.

Interview Question – What do you plan to get out of this internship?   Answer Question

Associate Creative Director Interview

Associate Creative Director
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in March 2012.

Interview Details – Ogilvy is big on their referrals - best way to get an interview is to know someone that works there - or directly reach out to the creative resource manager. I had 2 interviews - helped that I worked at Leo Burnett for 6 years... The people here are honestly the nicest I have come across in all my years in Chicago. Many clubs, events, outings, etc.

Interview Question – how much are you looking to make?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I gave a range, they came in right in the middle, I asked for a little more, they said that was already higher than they usually go, I accepted it w/ an extra week of vacation.

Intern Interview

Intern
Chicago, IL

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview Details – First there was a Skype interview with an HR, followed by 3 phone interviews. Asked the normal behavioral questions, with a few that were harder than normal. The Skype interview was more difficult since it was a little more awkward. The process took a long time, about 4 months total.

Interview Question – When's a time you failed, and how did you correct the failure?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Internship Interview

Graphic Designer Internship
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in May 2013.

Interview Details – The entire process was relatively simple. I submitted my work through HR and a few months later received and email from them asking if I was still interested in doing the internship. Afterwards I had a phone interview which consisted of a few questions and a few weeks later I got my offer. The questions were all really reasonable and easy to answer.

Account Coordinator Interview

Account Coordinator
Morristown, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in March 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted my interview on the website, a few weeks later they contacted me for an interview. I was recommended by an employee so I got to skip some of the previous hiring steps.

Interview Question – Why Ogilvy and Mather?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview Details – I was able to interview shortly after submitting my resume, however, the entire interview process is quite lengthy. It took 3 months before I was actually hired. When I spoke to others on my team they had mentioned going through a similar process, so it does take awhile before you hear back.

Interview Question – All the questions were basic. They asked about my experience, but nothing too difficult or specific. It was very casual, more like a conversation.   Answer Question

Associate Creative Director Interview

Associate Creative Director

Interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather

Interview Details – Brought in to freelance based on portfolio review and short chat with recruiter. Hired after freelancing

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Had to negotiate the dollars, but was not too difficult

Consumer Insight Analyst Interview

Consumer Insight Analyst

I applied in-person and interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview Details – one of my friend referred me and I have one skype interview with a team leader. They hired me right after the interview

Interview Question – tell me a little bit about your research experiences   View Answer

Negotiation Details – non

Client Financial Analyst Interview

Client Financial Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview Details – Got a call from HR. Interviewed with the manager and director. Nothing really specific, just general chat about what the job entails.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiated with the HR about salary and wanted them to pay more and they are ok with it.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather

Interview Details – Based on the resumes, the shortlisted candidates will get a telephonic interview. Then there will a aptitude written test for one hour. One of the members from the team in which you are likely to work will interview you and will ask on SQL or SAS programming or any other tool that they are using. Results would be notified through mail

Interview Question – Puzzle and knowledge of tools   Answer Question