Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

2.9

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (Morristown, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

Submitted my interview on the website, a few weeks later they contacted me for an interview. I was recommended by an employee so I got to skip some of the previous hiring steps.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in March 2014.

Interview

They came to my university to talk about the program during the first semester of my senior year. I fell in love, it sounded amazing. There was an online application that I submitted directly through my school to them, which involved two writing prompts (why do you want a career in communications, and what was your biggest regret are the two I picked out of a few options). You also needed two references. I then got an interview once the recruiters came back to school – probably around 10 others were selected to interview at my school. The interviewer, an alum, asked a list of basic interview questions and had NOT read any of my prior materials. It felt like a waste of my time since he clearly was looking for certain answers to the questions and was just going down the list, without any interest in having genuine conversation. But if you're prepared with basic interview answers you should be ok. It's just highly competitive.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest achievement?   1 Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Filled out application and writing 2 sample essays from given prompts - if you could have a dinner party with 3 people (one from the past, one from the present, one from the future) who would they be and why and why do you want to be in PR. Then HR contacted me via email to tell me I would be interviewed over the phone. Two people interviewed separately me for about 30 minutes each. Then I was contacted via email by HR with the decision.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

I was able to interview shortly after submitting my resume, however, the entire interview process is quite lengthy. It took 3 months before I was actually hired. When I spoke to others on my team they had mentioned going through a similar process, so it does take awhile before you hear back.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were basic. They asked about my experience, but nothing too difficult or specific. It was very casual, more like a conversation.   Answer Question

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Initial contact was made by the HR team via LinkedIn. The first step was a fast phone interview to inform about positions and confirm experience. A separate person will schedule the in-person interview--mine was rather presumptuous with my time, not informing me how much time to set aside and trying to book an additional round of interviews with an additional team without my knowledge.

I was there for 3+ hours and met with five members of the team. All of them were incredibly nice, looking for detailed information about experience and strategic points of view. I was offered to come back to meet with more people, but declined because I didn't feel the chemistry with the team.

Interview Questions

• I think that Ogilvy asks team members to throw a "curveball" question at the end of each interview. Each person that had time to ask me a last question asked a rather unexpected question. The two I remember are "What is one impression I have of you that is not true" and "Name a song that would be on the soundtrack of your life."   Answer Question

Associate Creative Director Interview

Interview

Brought in to freelance based on portfolio review and short chat with recruiter. Hired after freelancing

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Had to negotiate the dollars, but was not too difficult

Consumer Insight Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview

one of my friend referred me and I have one skype interview with a team leader. They hired me right after the interview

Interview Questions

• tell me a little bit about your research experiences   1 Answer

Negotiation

non

Client Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY).

Interview

Got a call from HR. Interviewed with the manager and director. Nothing really specific, just general chat about what the job entails.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated with the HR about salary and wanted them to pay more and they are ok with it.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Based on the resumes, the shortlisted candidates will get a telephonic interview. Then there will a aptitude written test for one hour. One of the members from the team in which you are likely to work will interview you and will ask on SQL or SAS programming or any other tool that they are using. Results would be notified through mail

Web Analytics Interview

Interview

Phone interview, then brought in to meet the team in 30 min increments. Was told that they would get back to me in a week, and they specifically said that they would not leave me hanging. A week later, I checked in and was told that they were still processing and they would keep me updated. They never got back to me.