Ogilvy & Mather

Relevance Date Difficulty

Web Analytics Interview

Web Analytics

Interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather

Interview Details – Phone interview, then brought in to meet the team in 30 min increments. Was told that they would get back to me in a week, and they specifically said that they would not leave me hanging. A week later, I checked in and was told that they were still processing and they would keep me updated. They never got back to me.

Interview Question – Tell me about your online habits   Answer Question

Social@Ogilvy Intern Interview

Social@Ogilvy Intern
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in March 2013.

Interview Details – Skype interview with a panel of 4-5 people, overall it was a good experience. It is important to know a lot about the industry itself. I was asked a lot of questions about what I knew and how I have applied this information to previous experiences. Not so many behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Give us your best sales pitch of yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on salary

Account Management Intern Interview

Account Management Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in February 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted the online application in December. Wrote two essays based on the prompts that were given. Had an on campus Skype interview. Waited 3 weeks, heard nothing back, and then received an offer in early March.

It was all about creating a dialogue, as are most interviews. You can own it.

Cannot remember precisely what all the questions were but they were of a typical HR interview format, i.e:

- What position are you interested in?
- What do you do in groups to ensure that everyone is making equal contributions and that participation is running smoothly?
- How do you stay up to date with the advertising world?
- What was one time when you had a goal that you achieved? How did you make sure that you met this goal?
- What was one time you had a goal that you could not meet or failed on?

Interview Question – - Discuss a time when you failed at something important to you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Contract given, signed it and sent back. No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Copywriter Interview

Copywriter
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in January 2013.

Interview Details – I reached out to the creative recruiter and she happened to be looking for a writer. After the CDs on the account saw my book I was asked to come in for an interview. I came in was taken to a conference room where the two CDs met with me for about a half hour. They were easy to talk to and didn't ask me much about myself or discuss my work at all. Most of the time was spent talking about the account and they seemed honest about its challenges. The recruiter emailed me after and told me she'd be in touch. I never heard from her again. (Typical in this industry, but still unprofessional.)

Interview Question – There really weren't any questions beyond a general, "Tell us about yourself."   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in January 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process can be quite lengthy. It took 7 months and 5-6 interviews to finally get placed, and that was after I networked my way in with a former colleague from another company who was already working there. They seem to adhere to the 'don't call us, we'll call you' policy extremely well. It can leave you thinking that the ball was dropped with no closure in the interview process.

Interview Question – What's your favorite color? Do you smoke? Do you like to drink? Questions which I think are illegal to ask in an interview. Except for the 'favorite color' - that was just weird. I later found out that the person interviewing me was an avid smoker, and liked to take his team out for drinks quite often.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much of a negotiation. I gave my salary range, and was told "We can do that". I found out later I could've gotten a lot more $. Ask for a higher amount than you think your position is worth, even if it's not industry-level for your position, because bonuses are not annually guaranteed, if ever.

Associate Interview

Associate

Interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather

Interview Details – First step: Write three essays and get two faculty recommendations
second step: Phone behavior interview
third step: Super Saturday

Interview Question – Talk about a time you had to think on your feet.

A time you have failed.

Why Ogilvy
  Answer Question

Public Relations Intern Interview

Public Relations Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was long. Had to meet with 3 different groups of two. They basically all asked the same questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – The 2 hour, yes 2 hour writing test they make you complete.   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Summer Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview Details – It was about thirty + minutes long and it was over Skype. They had a standard questionnaire to ask, not once did they ask about my strengths. There was the typical weaknesses, difficult situations, difficult people, behavioral kinds of questions.

Overall I actually really enjoyed the interview process and she told me that I had done an excellent job.

Interview Question – How do you read recent advertising news? Do you read advertising trade magazines? If so which ones.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview Details – Very lengthy process starting with an application requiring an example of what makes you creative... supposed to be something that helps them understand who you are and why they should want to work with you. This is basically your first interview and they have thousands of applicants each year.

In person interviews are invite only for which they usually fly to your campus. One HR director and one executive interview separately both asking similar questions. Guessing they overlap just to get congruity.

A third round is a full weekend of activities out in NY where they put you through all the hoops to see if you are the perfect fit.

Interview Question – What is the craziest idea you have ever had and how did you implement it?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview Details – 3 step process : HR; hiring manager ; team interview
References are important here
Its about work experience, do ask some behaviour based questions ;

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate. Please do negotiate before joining as your next 3 year salary is same as your first salary. There are no increments.