Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2014
Updated Sep 3, 2014

2.9

Summer Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

It was about thirty + minutes long and it was over Skype. They had a standard questionnaire to ask, not once did they ask about my strengths. There was the typical weaknesses, difficult situations, difficult people, behavioral kinds of questions.

Overall I actually really enjoyed the interview process and she told me that I had done an excellent job.

Interview Questions
    • How do you read recent advertising news? Do you read advertising trade magazines? If so which ones.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Very lengthy process starting with an application requiring an example of what makes you creative... supposed to be something that helps them understand who you are and why they should want to work with you. This is basically your first interview and they have thousands of applicants each year.

In person interviews are invite only for which they usually fly to your campus. One HR director and one executive interview separately both asking similar questions. Guessing they overlap just to get congruity.

A third round is a full weekend of activities out in NY where they put you through all the hoops to see if you are the perfect fit.

Interview Questions
    • What is the craziest idea you have ever had and how did you implement it?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

3 step process : HR; hiring manager ; team interview
    References are important here
    Its about work experience, do ask some behaviour based questions ;

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate. Please do negotiate before joining as your next 3 year salary is same as your first salary. There are no increments.

Craftsmen of Culture Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Went from being an in person interview, to a skype interview to a phone interview. Asked questions related to Ogilvy & Mather's core principles. Be well read on different accounts they've worked on, their mission and how you fit into that.

Intern, Social@Ogilvy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Applied through a recruiter and went through a phone interview and then in-person. I was taken into a cluttered room and asked the same questions over and over again.

There was no negotiation of the salary.

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Got back to me briefly and asked me to come in for an interview.

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Standard interview process. Was a little slower than expected.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in May 2010.

Initial interview with HR Manager, who strongly recommended me to the department head. clear definition of competencies and challenges of role, how best to succeed, and the climate and culture of the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Be pro and know how to strongly indicate your understanding of the company, industry, and how you can best contribute to the team.   Answer Question
    It was made apparent I was the best candidate so I had some leverage. They claimed budget restraints, which were accurate, but they can always stretch those with a call to finance. If they are willing to make you an offer, they are willing to sweeten it. I got 15% more as a result.

Copy Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in June 2012.

While the folks here were nice, their interview process was strange considering this was a job to be on call for them. At best, it was part-time, yet they made folks jump through hoops, interviewing dozens of folks, as if they were hiring a full-time staff person.

Interview Questions
    • Questions weren't difficult, but it was a lengthy process that was not worth it considering the job was intermittent.   Answer Question

Informational Interview for Potential PR Openings Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in June 2012.

I met someone on LinkedIn who sent my resume to her boss. They called me in for an information interview with HR and the PR department. I Each interview lasted about 45 minutes. I think it went really well and I still keep in touch with both of them. The HR lady was more rigid and went through my resume and asked me lots of the normal questions. The PR lady was super nice and seemed interested in my background.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you wanted something different than the group.

What is your biggest weakness?

Know an exact example that you can say you took from each experience on your resume.
        Answer Question