Ogilvy & Mather

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in March 2011.

Interview Details – I went into the interview thinking I was going for one brand, and it turns out I was interviewing 3 different groups of people for 3 different positions. It was confusing, and their HR department seems really scattered and disorganized. I left and then was called back for what I thought was a 2nd interview, but it turns out I was interviewing for 2 more positions. I did not get any of them because they hired someone with exact experience- even though one of the women was telling me straight up she wanted me on her team. Over all it left a really bad taste in my mouth.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in April 2011.

Interview Details – Began with a phone interview, followed by an in person interview. Received phone call approximately two weeks later to schedule another in person interview.

Interview Question – Tell how your experience at your previous job related to the position we are hiring for   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Associate Interview

Associate
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the Associates Program through my school. I submitted my resume, cover letter, and writing samples.
After a few weeks, they emailed me to let me know that I was chosen for a 1:1 interview. The interview went well, they asked mostly behavioral questions because as most people know, they want to see if you exemplify their 8 habits.

After the interview, they called me within a few weeks to invite me to SuperSaturday (which is a challenge day).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with someone that you did not like or get along with and how you overcame that to accomplish your goal.   Answer Question
  • Describe a challenge that you had overcome and how you did it.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in November 2009.

Interview Details – I applied on-line. Received an email to come in for the interview. I came in and interviewed with HR. Then came back and interviewed with the Program Director. I was offered the job a week later. The salary was really low. I spent a few days negotiating the salary. It still was really low, but I took the job anyway.

Negotiation Details – It was tough. I negotiated about $10K more than the offer, but it was still low. I took the job though. I would recommend toe everyone to negotiate their salary.

Senior Vice President Interview

Senior Vice President
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in November 2009.

Interview Details – very thorough and with opportunity to meet with all of the staff in the office (small office so ability to get along well with all was critical). Work culture was great -staff meshed well; leadership was strong; Enjoyed having the opportunity to meet with all levels of staff from SVP down to assistent AE

Interview Question – Describe a negative experience from your past career and how it might affect your position with us.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Creative Interview

Creative
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in January 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewee was very friendly and asked simple questions. They were most interested in your skill sets and presentation your best work to them. Do ask lots of questions to show your interests in working with them.

Interview Question – What are you looking for in the creative industry?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
New York, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in April 2010.

Interview Details – Got call from recruiter, brought me in for interview with team.

Interview Question – Tell me about your background   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Did not like vibes at agency.

Broadcast Interview

Broadcast
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in April 2010.

Interview Details – It all went very smoothly

Interview Question – What is you technical experience?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate but willing to take what was offered

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in August 2010.

Interview Details – Very friendly staff. People were dressed business casual. They asked general interview questions. Took about an hour.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for our company?   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in May 2010.

Interview Details – The HR department does the initial screening and conducts phone interview. They set up the time and place for an in person panel interview with someone from HR and the specific department you are interviewing for.

Interview Question – What do you know about the Sarbanes Oxley Act?   Answer Question