Ogilvy & Mather

Updated Nov 8, 2014

2.9

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in January 2011.

Completely behavioral interview. Very dry behavioral questions about leadership experience, times faced hardships, etc.

Creative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in January 2011.

Interviewee was very friendly and asked simple questions. They were most interested in your skill sets and presentation your best work to them. Do ask lots of questions to show your interests in working with them.

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in October 2010.

Exhaustive. You have to be really prepared. You only get once chance to get money. When you're coming in. They NEVER give raises and they let good people go forever without one.

They're cheap

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in August 2010.

Very friendly staff. People were dressed business casual. They asked general interview questions. Took about an hour.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in May 2010.

Initial interview with HR Manager, who strongly recommended me to the department head. clear definition of competencies and challenges of role, how best to succeed, and the climate and culture of the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Be pro and know how to strongly indicate your understanding of the company, industry, and how you can best contribute to the team.   Answer Question
    It was made apparent I was the best candidate so I had some leverage. They claimed budget restraints, which were accurate, but they can always stretch those with a call to finance. If they are willing to make you an offer, they are willing to sweeten it. I got 15% more as a result.

Junior Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in May 2010.

Direct email to the recruiter worked best for me. It all depends on how much you are interested in the company. If you know about them and have a good book, then no problem. Human resources was very helpful throughout the way.

Interview Questions
    • Would you work freelance? What work do you like the most about Ogilvy? That's a hard question because their website is not very good at showing all of it's clients. So, it's not easy to see all of their work. You have to do the research elsewhere.   View Answer
    no, I didn't negotiate. I just accepted the offer. Ogilvy has good perks.

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in May 2010.

The HR department does the initial screening and conducts phone interview. They set up the time and place for an in person panel interview with someone from HR and the specific department you are interviewing for.

Broadcast Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in April 2010.

It all went very smoothly

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate but willing to take what was offered

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a weekinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in April 2010.

Got call from recruiter, brought me in for interview with team.

Interview Questions

Did not like vibes at agency.

Account Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in April 2010.

Quick and straight forward. Met with account lead and we had a nice chat. I think the position had already been filled but loved having the conversation all the same.