Ogilvy & Mather

Updated Jan 19, 2015

2.9

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in March 2011.

I applied for the Associates Program through my school. I submitted my resume, cover letter, and writing samples.
    After a few weeks, they emailed me to let me know that I was chosen for a 1:1 interview. The interview went well, they asked mostly behavioral questions because as most people know, they want to see if you exemplify their 8 habits.

After the interview, they called me within a few weeks to invite me to SuperSaturday (which is a challenge day).

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to work with someone that you did not like or get along with and how you overcame that to accomplish your goal.   Answer Question
    • Describe a challenge that you had overcome and how you did it.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in March 2011.

I went into the interview thinking I was going for one brand, and it turns out I was interviewing 3 different groups of people for 3 different positions. It was confusing, and their HR department seems really scattered and disorganized. I left and then was called back for what I thought was a 2nd interview, but it turns out I was interviewing for 2 more positions. I did not get any of them because they hired someone with exact experience- even though one of the women was telling me straight up she wanted me on her team. Over all it left a really bad taste in my mouth.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a weekinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in February 2011.

HR was extremely friendly and the conversation flowed less like an interview and more like a "getting-to-know-you" chat. Not to say that it was informal, just that it wasn't structured as a string of questions. There was a very personal touch that I appreciated.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in January 2011.

very fair process for interviewing entry level candidates, they asked very high-level questions to test your true character and interests. if you make it through the first round campus interviews then you move to super saturday, which is still very competitive but rewarding all the same. you are assessed through multiple interview types which allow you to present your full range of talents.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in January 2011.

Completely behavioral interview. Very dry behavioral questions about leadership experience, times faced hardships, etc.

Creative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in January 2011.

Interviewee was very friendly and asked simple questions. They were most interested in your skill sets and presentation your best work to them. Do ask lots of questions to show your interests in working with them.

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in October 2010.

Exhaustive. You have to be really prepared. You only get once chance to get money. When you're coming in. They NEVER give raises and they let good people go forever without one.

They're cheap

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in August 2010.

Very friendly staff. People were dressed business casual. They asked general interview questions. Took about an hour.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in May 2010.

Initial interview with HR Manager, who strongly recommended me to the department head. clear definition of competencies and challenges of role, how best to succeed, and the climate and culture of the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Be pro and know how to strongly indicate your understanding of the company, industry, and how you can best contribute to the team.   Answer Question
    It was made apparent I was the best candidate so I had some leverage. They claimed budget restraints, which were accurate, but they can always stretch those with a call to finance. If they are willing to make you an offer, they are willing to sweeten it. I got 15% more as a result.

Junior Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in May 2010.

Direct email to the recruiter worked best for me. It all depends on how much you are interested in the company. If you know about them and have a good book, then no problem. Human resources was very helpful throughout the way.

Interview Questions
    • Would you work freelance? What work do you like the most about Ogilvy? That's a hard question because their website is not very good at showing all of it's clients. So, it's not easy to see all of their work. You have to do the research elsewhere.   View Answer
    no, I didn't negotiate. I just accepted the offer. Ogilvy has good perks.