Ogilvy & Mather Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

2.9

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

HR was extremely friendly and the conversation flowed less like an interview and more like a "getting-to-know-you" chat. Not to say that it was informal, just that it wasn't structured as a string of questions. There was a very personal touch that I appreciated.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

very fair process for interviewing entry level candidates, they asked very high-level questions to test your true character and interests. if you make it through the first round campus interviews then you move to super saturday, which is still very competitive but rewarding all the same. you are assessed through multiple interview types which allow you to present your full range of talents.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Completely behavioral interview. Very dry behavioral questions about leadership experience, times faced hardships, etc.

Creative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Interviewee was very friendly and asked simple questions. They were most interested in your skill sets and presentation your best work to them. Do ask lots of questions to show your interests in working with them.

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Exhaustive. You have to be really prepared. You only get once chance to get money. When you're coming in. They NEVER give raises and they let good people go forever without one.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your present job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They're cheap

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

Very friendly staff. People were dressed business casual. They asked general interview questions. Took about an hour.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

Initial interview with HR Manager, who strongly recommended me to the department head. clear definition of competencies and challenges of role, how best to succeed, and the climate and culture of the organization.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Be pro and know how to strongly indicate your understanding of the company, industry, and how you can best contribute to the team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was made apparent I was the best candidate so I had some leverage. They claimed budget restraints, which were accurate, but they can always stretch those with a call to finance. If they are willing to make you an offer, they are willing to sweeten it. I got 15% more as a result.

Junior Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

Direct email to the recruiter worked best for me. It all depends on how much you are interested in the company. If you know about them and have a good book, then no problem. Human resources was very helpful throughout the way.

Interview Questions

• Would you work freelance? What work do you like the most about Ogilvy? That's a hard question because their website is not very good at showing all of it's clients. So, it's not easy to see all of their work. You have to do the research elsewhere.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no, I didn't negotiate. I just accepted the offer. Ogilvy has good perks.

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

The HR department does the initial screening and conducts phone interview. They set up the time and place for an in person panel interview with someone from HR and the specific department you are interviewing for.

Broadcast Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

It all went very smoothly

Interview Questions

• What is you technical experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate but willing to take what was offered