Ogilvy & Mather

Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.9

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a weekinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in April 2010.

Got call from recruiter, brought me in for interview with team.

Interview Questions

Did not like vibes at agency.

Account Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in April 2010.

Quick and straight forward. Met with account lead and we had a nice chat. I think the position had already been filled but loved having the conversation all the same.

Manager IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in February 2010.

Pros: interviewed with several key people
    Cons: Long interview process (3 months). Interview times were somewhat unreasonable. I had ot wait at least an hour before each interview/ I am typing words to meet the minimum. Thanks

NYC Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in February 2010.

Application process was handled through the school's system. Two writing samples were required in addition to a cover letter.

Face to face interview was scheduled about 2 weeks (can't remember exactly) after application deadline.

They liked that my resume was colorful and included a picture. They were not concerned with low GPA.

They asked the same behavioral questions that everyone does. "Tell me about a time you had to reconcile two opposing viewpoints", for example. I hit my talking points well but there was one point where I was asked to be more specific and give examples.

I said something uncomplimentary of the company (dumb move, I know) and it was like the record stopped at the party. The interviewer got combative and what happened next was the most classless move I have ever seen. I don't want to give much more detail, but I will say that I was embarassed and angered.

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in November 2009.

very thorough and with opportunity to meet with all of the staff in the office (small office so ability to get along well with all was critical). Work culture was great -staff meshed well; leadership was strong; Enjoyed having the opportunity to meet with all levels of staff from SVP down to assistent AE

Interview Questions
    • Describe a negative experience from your past career and how it might affect your position with us.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in November 2009.

I applied on-line. Received an email to come in for the interview. I came in and interviewed with HR. Then came back and interviewed with the Program Director. I was offered the job a week later. The salary was really low. I spent a few days negotiating the salary. It still was really low, but I took the job anyway.

It was tough. I negotiated about $10K more than the offer, but it was still low. I took the job though. I would recommend toe everyone to negotiate their salary.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in January 2009.

The interview process can be quite lengthy. It took 7 months and 5-6 interviews to finally get placed, and that was after I networked my way in with a former colleague from another company who was already working there. They seem to adhere to the 'don't call us, we'll call you' policy extremely well. It can leave you thinking that the ball was dropped with no closure in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • What's your favorite color? Do you smoke? Do you like to drink? Questions which I think are illegal to ask in an interview. Except for the 'favorite color' - that was just weird. I later found out that the person interviewing me was an avid smoker, and liked to take his team out for drinks quite often.   Answer Question
    Not much of a negotiation. I gave my salary range, and was told "We can do that". I found out later I could've gotten a lot more $. Ask for a higher amount than you think your position is worth, even if it's not industry-level for your position, because bonuses are not annually guaranteed, if ever.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in July 2008.

The interview went really well and initial feedback from the recruiter was excellent. I really had my hopes up. They said they hoped to have an answer within a few days, so I followed up...and followed up....and followed up.....and followed up and they kept telling me "soon we will have a decision soon." They either filled the position with someone other than me or it never came to fruition. I just felt that they could have informed me either way instead of stringing me along for so long.

Media Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Ogilvy in October 2008.

I had good referrals at the time and this helped a lot with the interviewers. The questions were related to digital media. Regarding metrics and process of implementing and optimizing a campaign.

The interviewers were already the people that I would work and this also helped to understand how the agency worked and what they were expecting from this opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • What media metrics you should consider in an Awareness vs Performance campaign?   Answer Question

Talent Management Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in July 2014.

I had three interviews. First a 'chat' aka telephone interview, I was then invited into the offices to have a test and an interview.
    I was then invited for a third interview and met with 2 more members of the team and who I would be working with.

Both interviews were very relaxed and I always felt at ease.

All was very quick and they kept you in the loop all along.

Would definitely try and interview again for the amazing experience, as it was enjoyable in the most ironic way.

Interview Questions
    • if I were to give you a priority task and theb another team member were to come and give you a task, how would you prioritise?   Answer Question