Ogilvy & Mather

95 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Intern Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in December 2012.

Interview Details – 1 interview. Mainly on past experience, especially university experience, related to HR process. Some questions related to personality.

Interview Question – What was your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Senior Account Manager Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in July 2009.

Interview Details – I was not asked any specific questions. In fact there was no process in particular and I know this because I was hiring later and I was not told anything at all about the way to interview. Ogilvy likes to have people who are polished, articulate and have a point of view.

Interview Question – How will you you add value to the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was take it or leave it.

Intern Interview

Intern
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in March 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communication were placed through my Cousin who was already working there. so you see, I joined throigh referal. I had to sent across my Resume to the concerned authority. I also had to tell him my area of interest and location. I got a call from one of the guys and had an ph interview before being taken in.

Interview Question – Nothing...   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview Details – I applied online and first had a phone interview in october for a community manager position. spoke with the Executive Director of Social Media over the phone, however timing didn't workout and I had just accepted another job. I heard from Ogilvy again in January from an Account Director who said the Executive Director I had previously spoken with had referred me for another position in his department. After a brief phone call, I was invited in for an in person interview.

My first interview was 2 weeks after my phone call and was fairly standard, nothing out of the ordinary. Standard questions about my experience with account management. At this interview, I was told I was to be put forward for a second interview over the phone with the Executive DIrector of Social Media (same one who had referred me for the position). After following up with the Account Director one a week for 3 weeks, I offered to set up the phone call myself, as I still had her contact details.

My second interview was a brief 15 min phone call. I was asked a few questions about my community management and social media experience. I was also asked if I could do one thing to increase engagement for the specific client i would be working for, what would I do? She seemed to really like my response and said she would touch base with the Account Director hiring me.

Another 3 weeks went by, I followed up twice and no response, the third time, I did receive a response and was told I would be having a third interview with the managing director of Ogilvy Toronto. It was a very pleasant interview. I was told I was perfect for the role and I would hear in 2-3 days with their final decision. I followed up with the Account Director, saying Thank you and letting him know if I could provide anything further to help them with their decision. I received a response saying they were hoping to get back to me next week.
10 days went by and I did not hear, so I followed up and received no response. Another week went by and I followed up again with no response. After 4 weeks had gone by after my final interview, I decided to call. Upon requesting to speak with the Account Director, I was informed he was no longer with the company. The receptionist was very sweet and took down all my information and said I would hear back in 24hrs. I waited the rest of the week and didn't hear anything. Called back the following Monday and this time spoke with the Managing Director I had met with a month ago. She was very pleased to hear from me and apologized for the delay in getting back to me, that she had absolutely loved meeting me, however had assumed I was too expensive. She apologized for assuming such a thing. We discussed my salary expectations and she told me to leave this with her and she would get back to me. She had met with 2 other people and was waiting to hear back from them. I finished the call feeling very conflicted.

The next morning I received an email from the managing director with my offer of employment. I gave her a call and she told me that after thinking about it for a while, she loved my attitude, thought I was perfect for the position and that she would be thrilled to have me. She then asked for references. She called them the next day.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, after 4 months of interviewing I was eager to accept.

Very Difficult Interview

Internship Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview Details – Submitted an application with two short essays, a cover letter, and resume, interviewed for 30 minutes on skype.
Interview ran for exactly 30 minutes, we went over my credentials for approximately 2 minutes and then she ran through 8 or 9 behavioral questions, one right after the other.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you included someone in a group.
and
Tell me about a time when you actively disagreed with a superior or colleague.
  Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in February 2013.

Interview Details – One of the most rigid process to get connected to HR often they will turn you down saying we do not have any opening, but the passionate person will always be there to make sure you grab the opportunity, my process was smooth yet complicated, i got a call one day prior saying my interview is scheduled the next day i had to prepare and get ready, initially i was interviewed by the HR manager was simple and normal HR interview later had to wait for two hours to be interviewed by the CSD, normal questions got through

Interview Question – Which of the Ogilvy's Department would you like to work in? PR? Digital? BTL?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Timing and Duration is all i could negotiate for.

Art Director Interview

Moscow (Russia)

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in March 2012.

Interview Details – I have one interview and get an offer, but this time they search for a position of art director. i was usual interview, where i show my portfolio and describe each concept in it. it was quite friendly atmosphere.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather.

Interview Details – Did first round interview via Skype because I was abroad in London at the time. Was asked a series of behavioral questions that were all very similar to each other. Mostly situational about working in teams or dealing with difficult people. Interviewer also seemed very disinterested during the interview.

Interview Question – It was difficult coming up with so many new scenarios for the many similar situational questions the interviewer asked.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Dhaka (Bangladesh)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in June 2008.

Interview Details – There were 3 layers of interview, where tons of questions regarding one's aptitude, desire to work and ingenuity and ethics were questioned.

Interview Question – Will you sell a product that kills people?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Graphic Design Intern Interview

Calcutta (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ogilvy & Mather in October 2011.

Interview Details – Sent an email with portfolio and resume, using a reference who was working in the company. I got a reply saying I could join next month.

Reason for Declining – Bad pay. There were people working for over 6 months and hardly getting Rs. 5000. They would continue on because of the brand name of the company.
Also a bit of office politics. The more senior people were reluctant to include newcomers in the teams already formed.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ogilvy & Mather