OgilvyAction

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Vice President Interview

Senior Vice President
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at OgilvyAction in May 2010.

Interview Details – A series of interviews, including a trip to Chicago to what was then the HQ there. They were in a period of rebirth and re-hiring that was very uncomfortable.

Interview Question – How would you grow the business?   Answer Question

Account Director Interview

Account Director
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at OgilvyAction in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter who new enough to be dangerous but when pressed for more information could not / would not disclose due to confidentiality regarding the role and responsibilities or the client. I felt like there was a job. I just did not know what it was until after the first interview. Once I knew they liked me, the hiring manager opened up and gave the real job overview. However, it took nearly 4 months before I finished the final interview and then started at the company. Too long. At one point, I had another offer and that is what spurred action to make me the offer I needed to move from my current job.

Interview Question – " How would you manage a difficult peer? " That should have clued me into the type of culture and internal politics of the role.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for what I needed and they gave it. I guess it was a little harder for them to find the talent they thought was important so they were willing to bend. Thankfully.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at OgilvyAction in June 2013.

Interview Details – They reached out to me and said they were interested. Then I had a 20-30 min chat with HR to talk about if it would be a good fit. After that HR set up an initial interview with 3 people for 45 min each. The first team member didn't know what position I was interviewing for. The second was my boss and was well prepared. The third knew what I was interviewing for but didn't seem as prepared. It was more informal with the first and third. The second was still relaxed, but definitely had questions prepared. The third person walked me out so I didn't see HR again. Ask HR about when you will hear and any other questions before because they won't see you after they drop you to your interview room. They've requested a second round interview with more senior management. Seems very unnecessary especially because they sought me out and its not a very high position.

Interview Question – Questions are standard. Nothing completely unexpected came up.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Haven't gotten the official offer yet, but I was not that interested in the job.

Art Director Interview

Art Director
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at OgilvyAction.

Interview Details – Initial communications initiated by HR representative. Interviewed with HR and 2 CDs. Was told to reach out to HR for developments. HR seems responsive.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Everyone seemed very interested in the quality of work being put out. and many people mentioned the workload was crazy.   View Answer

Analyst - Entry Or Junior Level Interview

Analyst - Entry Or Junior Level
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OgilvyAction in December 2010.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview with the HR to see if I am a good fit for the position as well as the company. I got an in-personal interview invitation at the end of the phone interview. The 1:1 interview consisted of three sessions, meeting the team members for 30minutes each.

Interview Question – Why do you think you will be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Account Supervisor - Card Services Interview

Account Supervisor - Card Services
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OgilvyAction in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was initially interviewed by Sam Martin and then interviewed by his boss. Both interviewers were professional and addressed all of my questions and concerns. After the first interview I thought I had a good chance of getting the job. I ended up not getting the job

Interview Questions

• What is the most important asset you can bring to this company?   Answer Question
  • What do you think will be the most important task of this position?   Answer Question

Assistant Account Manager Interview

Assistant Account Manager
Atlanta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at OgilvyAction in May 2008.

Interview Details – One interview with approximately 5 people. Traveled from out of town, so interview lasted between 2-3 hours since I was unable to travel back for 2nd interview. No planning was involved other than preparing my resume and submitting.

Interview Question – How I felt my experiences in college have prepared me for the real world   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at OgilvyAction in September 2009.

Interview Details – it's a internship in beijing of China. To be honest I'm not sure the question will be help for you. The interview time is very shot ,just 30 minutes. And I met three group member from my team.

Interview Question – What do you want to do after graduate from your school?
What makes you think you'll be good at media planner
  Answer Question

Strategic Planner Interview

Strategic Planner

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at OgilvyAction in February 2011.

Interview Details – Was presented by a recruiter and shortlisted by internal committee. Had interviews with department director and senior manager, as well as two with the managing director. It took over a month between first contact to last interview, where a few follow up phone calls occurred.
Was presented with an offer 2 weeks after last interview and started two weeks after that.

Interview Question – How to bring the best of my past experience to the world as OgilvyAction.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate at all.

Creative Trainee Interview

Creative Trainee
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OgilvyAction in December 2010.

Interview Details – Resume Review
Portfolio Review
Interview by the HR
Interview by the Creative controller

Interview Question – Why Ogilvy ? Why not any other creative agency ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for OgilvyAction? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OgilvyAction interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by OgilvyAction employees and interview candidates.