OgilvyOne Interview Questions

2.7

User Experience Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at OgilvyOne in March 2013.

I didn't go through a traditional hiring process. I was contacted directly by an executive leader, we had some discussions, then I met with other key people on a couple of different occasions. Then I was passed off to the more "official" channels.

The first part was great - it allowed me to get to know the opportunity over some time and from various angles. The second part was a mess.

Interview Questions
    I was offered a FT position, but I negotiated to start with a contract role b/c I wanted to try out the fit before making a commitment.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OgilvyOne in July 2011.

2 phone calls
    1 in person interview

Information Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OgilvyOne in April 2011.

During the interview process, I was told about a great new initiative that they wanted to bring me on board to begin. Once I began working there, most of what I was told about the project, support, structure was completely different.

Interview Questions
    I wasn't able to negotiate.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OgilvyOne in March 2011.

I was contacted by a recruiter from Ogilvy and talked to her by phone, then brought in to talk to 3 ADs to discuss the different positions and my background/experience. Those were the most in-depth interviews. A third interview was with the Director, more as a formality it seemed.

Interview Questions
    • At Ogilvy, we face a lot of strong personalities and strong opinions. Have you dealt with this before, and if so, how?   View Answer
    The original recruiter who contacted me was the one who made the offer in the end - not my current manager or any of the others that I report to. They really wanted me there due to my digital background, so negotiating was easy. I stated a salary and the recruiter offered more. It was a done deal.

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at OgilvyOne in January 2010.

Be sure to ask the right questions. In any large organization you can enter through one door but end up working in something you weren't interested in.

Negotiate hard because once you're in your hands are tied.

Consultant/Senior Consultant Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at OgilvyOne in June 2009.

The new office on 11th avenue is great although the neighbourhood is quite run down and for most people who commute from outside the city it will be a bit out of the way. The scheduling and decision was quick. Nice friendly people treated me to lunch. An interviewer was off sick and I wasn't informed which left me wondering what to do and who to contact...felt like I had been stood up. Very few if any technical questions. Mostly questions revolved around previous job experience pertinent to the position I was interviewing for. Weird though that when I asked of of the interviewers about professional development he answered that it wasn't a company where one would like to stay for long. Besides usua l prepare questions on:
    1. How you made a mistake in a previous job and what steps you followed to remedy.
    2. Your top 3 professional achievements
    3. What would your last boss say about you
    4. Describe how you made recommendations to non-technical audience.
    5. What would make you leave your job in future.
    Over all an average interview and I hope positive results.

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at OgilvyOne in August 2008.

Review of my portfolio. They liked it and hired me

Interview Questions
    It was preset, thats how much they were willing to pay

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OgilvyOne in October 2012.

3 rounds of interview

Digital Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milan (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at OgilvyOne in February 2012.

1) head of my unit 2) head of my unit and hr manager 3) head of unit + managing director of a different unit. First step was a phone interview, second one a coffee break, third one the real interview. it's very informal stuff, they want just to understand if you're smart enough to work there.

Interview Questions
    • let me see one of your past work, what do you want to do or to be, why do you want to join us.   View Answer
    I negotiated.. it is worth to :)

Creative Strategy Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Frankfurt am Main (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

The process took a day - interviewed at OgilvyOne in April 2011.

Phone interview because out of the country, lasted only 20 minutes, typical advertising job questions - what is important for a good commercial, why do you want to do advertising. The interview lasted shorter than expected but I think it was because they make 70 % of the decision based on the CV and cover letter. the interviewers arent really high ranked people, interns are chosen by people whove worked there for a few years and they arent really that strict. but also came there with good grades, university abroad etc.. they also hire people who havent started their studies yet but have done an apprenticeship or smething similar. all in all they are really nice and super relaxed, like people they can get along with and are not too nerdy. its like band camp except you have to work a bit (watching youtube videos included).

Interview Questions
    • How has the consumer changed over the last years or decades?   View Answer

Worked for OgilvyOne? Contribute to the Community!