OgilvyOne Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.8

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OgilvyOne (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

2 phone calls 1 in person interview

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal day at the office?   1 Answer

Information Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OgilvyOne (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

During the interview process, I was told about a great new initiative that they wanted to bring me on board to begin. Once I began working there, most of what I was told about the project, support, structure was completely different.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OgilvyOne (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from Ogilvy and talked to her by phone, then brought in to talk to 3 ADs to discuss the different positions and my background/experience. Those were the most in-depth interviews. A third interview was with the Director, more as a formality it seemed.

Interview Questions

• At Ogilvy, we face a lot of strong personalities and strong opinions. Have you dealt with this before, and if so, how?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The original recruiter who contacted me was the one who made the offer in the end - not my current manager or any of the others that I report to. They really wanted me there due to my digital background, so negotiating was easy. I stated a salary and the recruiter offered more. It was a done deal.

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at OgilvyOne (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

Be sure to ask the right questions. In any large organization you can enter through one door but end up working in something you weren't interested in.

Negotiation

Negotiate hard because once you're in your hands are tied.

Consultant/Senior Consultant Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at OgilvyOne (New York, NY) in June 2009.

Interview

The new office on 11th avenue is great although the neighbourhood is quite run down and for most people who commute from outside the city it will be a bit out of the way. The scheduling and decision was quick. Nice friendly people treated me to lunch. An interviewer was off sick and I wasn't informed which left me wondering what to do and who to contact...felt like I had been stood up. Very few if any technical questions. Mostly questions revolved around previous job experience pertinent to the position I was interviewing for. Weird though that when I asked of of the interviewers about professional development he answered that it wasn't a company where one would like to stay for long. Besides usua l prepare questions on: 1. How you made a mistake in a previous job and what steps you followed to remedy. 2. Your top 3 professional achievements 3. What would your last boss say about you 4. Describe how you made recommendations to non-technical audience. 5. What would make you leave your job in future. Over all an average interview and I hope positive results.

Interview Questions

• What would you previous boss say about you/   3 Answers

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at OgilvyOne (New York, NY) in August 2008.

Interview

Review of my portfolio. They liked it and hired me

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was preset, thats how much they were willing to pay