Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C.

www.ogletreedeakins.com
Engaged Employer

Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

2.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. Director was extremely pleasant stated they were taking their time to fill the position, but she would call me back if they decided to do a face-to-face interview. Received a follow up email that she would be calling me.

Associate Interview

Interview

The first interview is a short "screening" interview, about 30 minutes. The interviewers asked general questions. The second interview is a three hour process of one-on-one interviews with five people (including the Managing Shareholder and attorneys of various levels) and then a "roundtable" question and answer interview with three associates.

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C..

Interview

Quick interview. They simply asked if I had experience in the various types of law that they practice. They mainly argues why I should join instead of asking me questions.

Interview Questions

• What attorneys do you work with at your current employer?   1 Answer

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. (Atlanta, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

One-on-one interviews with shareholders. Each interviewer asked similar questions about work history. Each interview lasted 30 minutes or less. I made sure to send thank you emails after interviews.

Interview Questions

• Questions about work history.   1 Answer

Entry Level Paralegal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. (Denver, CO).

Interview

I was sent a general email to sign up for an interview slot. I was never sent a confirmation of the date/time I chose. I went anyways and the interview started 10-15 minutes late. I was interviewed by an Offfice Admin. Starting salary and benefits were not better than what I already had, so I declined to send references as requested.

Immigration Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. (Raleigh, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

Talked with two of the youngest Attorneys at the firm in a conference room for 15 minutes. I asked most of the questions. They were very young and appeared unprepared and lacking in interviewing skills to be honest.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any knowledge or experience in Immigration Law? That was about it. Very short. They were desperate to hire someone.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy.

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. (Chicago, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Two phone interviews and os ne face to face

Interview Questions

• What is your expectations regarding compensation.   1 Answer

Pay

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Initially a telephone interview. Went into office and met with Administrator. Came over to this firm with practice group that was opening a New York office.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. (Greenville, SC) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview was good, there was a 4 person panel and they were thorough, we were in the process for about 2 hours approximately. This is crazy that you are asking for 50 words. I do not have 50 words to say. Are we through yet?

Interview Questions

• How do you cope with difficult people   1 Answer

Site Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2011.

Interview

Fairly standard. Standard screening questions, brief overview of skills, quick personality assessment. The initial interview was held in the Indianapolis office. A subsequent interview was carried out by telephone with managers in Greenville, SC. The phone interview was more in-depth and focused on specific aspects of the job. I spoke with the Infrastructure Manager, who was substituting for the Site Support Manager.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about MIcrosoft Word styles.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted what they offered. With the benefits, I felt it was more than fair.