Ohio Attorney General's Office

Relevance Date Difficulty

Paralegal Interview

Paralegal
Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ohio Attorney General's Office in March 2013.

Interview Details – applied online. received call for interview from hiring department after closing date in about a week. support staff contacted me on day of interview requesting to bring a writing sample. Then the hiring manager sent an email requesting the same. When I arrived, the support person was out for the day. Then there were three hiring people in the conference room for the interview. They indicated that the supervisor was out on maternity leave. It was very formal. They had a series of questions they all asked around the room. They indicated they felt I met their requirements. Then after the interview, one of the attorneys called me and asked me questions about my writing sample. It was very odd. Then about three weeks later I got a form letter saying they selected another candidate.

Interview Question – How do you handle working with attorneys?   Answer Question

Legal Interview

Legal

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Ohio Attorney General's Office in September 2011.

Interview Details – I have interviewed twice at the Ohio Attorney General Office in two locations in two departments. The process is to apply online. The first time was in the Antitrust division. I got an interview right away and interviewed with two lead attorneys in the legal division and then met with the IT lead. The interview went well, lasted and hour and half and they even called my references. I didn't hear a word for months. Then after four months, I got a form letter that the position had been filled internally. Another legal person had transferred from another decision. This was disheartening. You would think they would post these positions internally and keep them open for a period of time before opening externally.

The second time I interviewed for a similar legal position in the Labor division. I met with the Chief. No other staff. It went pretty good and he asked by a followup email for my references. I have not heard back yet. It is a slow process so it is a good thing to have irons in the fire if you are interviewing .But the state has good benefits and it is good way to get experience. They tend to pay the support staff a little better than the attorneys, if you see the pay scale. much better than private industry for entry to a few years of experience.

Interview Questions

Worked for Ohio Attorney General's Office? Contribute to the Community!