Ohio BWC

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ohio BWC

BWC Attorney I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ohio BWC in March 2011.

Was contacted by the legal secretary for an interview. Interview was with 2 people: managing attorney from Columbus & managing attorney from Cincinnati. Questions were standard & it's obvious interviewers aren't used to interviewing often. Hardest question was probably describing yourself and experience. None were specifically about workers compensation. I asked a few questions at the end & they both looked like they were very surprised I had questions to ask. Interview lasted about 45 minutes, and they specifically tell you that everyone is scored. Typical government process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about yourself and your experience in relation to the position.   View Answer

Research Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ohio BWC in August 2011.

It took over a month after I applied before I was asked to come in and take a skills test. 2 weeks after passing the skills test I was asked to come in for an interview. I asked who I would be interviewing with and was not given an answer. When I arrived for my interview I was informed it would be a 3 person panel interview. The interviewers read (as they said they had to by law) directly from their sheet of questions. Questions were pretty typical (describe a time when you...) questions. It was hard to make a connection with the interviewers since eye contact and follow up questions were limited. I presumed I didn't get the job after not hearing anything for 3 weeks. I received my official rejection letter this week (3 1/2 months after I applied).

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe a technical part of the business. I found this unexpected and difficult since it was an entry level position with no experience required.   Answer Question