Ohio State University Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014
55 interviews

2.7

Student Alternative Media Position Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ohio State University in May 2012.

The interview was conducted with the 3 employees that would be directly involved with my job responsibilities. I knew the interviewers well and I believe that they had already made the decision to hire me, due to the fact that they knew my capabilities.

Student Employee Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ohio State University.

Applications were submitted online and reviewed prior to each semester. There was one in person interview with two of the current student managers. Very straightforward interview -- ie. Why do you think you would be a good fit for this job? Within a week I received a call back with their decision.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation you faced with a customer and how you went about resolving it.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Student employees in this department started at a strict base salary (minimum wage) take it or leave it. Students did, however, receive annual and merit based raises, along with the possibility of promotion.

Research Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ohio State University.

interview with seniors on staff then panel interview with other workers

Resident Assistant Interview

Had to apply online first. General information, and a few broad essay questions that focus on diversity, problem solving, etc. If you do well with that (and there is no reason you shouldn't), plus you have a 3.0+ GPA, you get to the interview. The interview questions are behavioral in nature, dealing with conflict mediation, diversity, stress, etc. After that, you have the RA class. It used to be that one would be hired after the class; now you will be hired before.

Interview Questions
    • There were no hugely technical questions. Just be prepared for answers to conflict mediation and diversity. Think about the position, and be honest in your answers.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. You get full room, discount meal plan, and a biweekly stipend.

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ohio State University in December 2013.

The interview was by committee with five managers. Be prepared. They have standardized questions that each of the members ask. Most of the questions were behavioral. There is also three role playing questions.

The role playing is based on how you think through a problem. I didn't do well on one of the questions; actually missed it completely. The real reason they do it is to see how you think things through. Getting it right or wrong isn't the point.

Interview Questions
    • The second role playing question dealt with a pop-up blocker. The interviewer acted like a customer that couldn't make a response to a forum.   Answer Question

Administrative Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ohio State University.

Applied online. I received an email a few weeks later for an in person interview with the hiring manager and another person from the department. They were all standard questions to see how you would fit in with the position. I thought I did a pretty good job highlighting my strengths and showing them why I would be great for the job, but I guess they found another person who was even more fitting (or so I was told in an email from the hiring manager).

Interview Questions
    • What would make you stand out from the other candidates?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Ohio State University in March 2010.

The interview process was very long, the all day

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to come and work at OSU   View Answer
    Easy to negotiate

Student Services Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Ohio State University.

It takes months to hear from them after filling out the application online. You will go through two interviews. The first being with several staff members that you will be working with. The second interview is with the Director. They require a Bachelor's degree, but you will find that the supervisors may not have a degree. It is a long and drawn out process.

Interview Questions
    • You will be hired based on your personality and ability to follow the rules.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation

Program Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ohio State University.

Interviewed which each of the 6-person team for about an hour. Mostly behavioral questions.

Windows Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ohio State University in March 2012.

I did well in the class, so my professor approached me toward the end of the quarter to ask if I wanted to work for her. I told her I was interested, and she had me contact the the supervisor of the Windows consultants. My professor sent her recommendation of me, and I scheduled a time to meet with the supervisor for about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you will be good in this position?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate.