Ohio State University

54 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Student Employee Interview

Student Employee

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ohio State University.

Interview Details – Applications were submitted online and reviewed prior to each semester. There was one in person interview with two of the current student managers. Very straightforward interview -- ie. Why do you think you would be a good fit for this job? Within a week I received a call back with their decision.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation you faced with a customer and how you went about resolving it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Student employees in this department started at a strict base salary (minimum wage) take it or leave it. Students did, however, receive annual and merit based raises, along with the possibility of promotion.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ohio State University.

Interview Details – interview with seniors on staff then panel interview with other workers

Interview Question – what is one of your short comings   Answer Question

Resident Assistant Interview

Resident Assistant

Interviewed at Ohio State University

Interview Details – Had to apply online first. General information, and a few broad essay questions that focus on diversity, problem solving, etc. If you do well with that (and there is no reason you shouldn't), plus you have a 3.0+ GPA, you get to the interview. The interview questions are behavioral in nature, dealing with conflict mediation, diversity, stress, etc. After that, you have the RA class. It used to be that one would be hired after the class; now you will be hired before.

Interview Question – There were no hugely technical questions. Just be prepared for answers to conflict mediation and diversity. Think about the position, and be honest in your answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You get full room, discount meal plan, and a biweekly stipend.

IT Help Desk Interview

IT Help Desk
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ohio State University in December 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was by committee with five managers. Be prepared. They have standardized questions that each of the members ask. Most of the questions were behavioral. There is also three role playing questions.

The role playing is based on how you think through a problem. I didn't do well on one of the questions; actually missed it completely. The real reason they do it is to see how you think things through. Getting it right or wrong isn't the point.

Interview Question – The second role playing question dealt with a pop-up blocker. The interviewer acted like a customer that couldn't make a response to a forum.   Answer Question

Administrative Associate Interview

Administrative Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ohio State University.

Interview Details – Applied online. I received an email a few weeks later for an in person interview with the hiring manager and another person from the department. They were all standard questions to see how you would fit in with the position. I thought I did a pretty good job highlighting my strengths and showing them why I would be great for the job, but I guess they found another person who was even more fitting (or so I was told in an email from the hiring manager).

Interview Question – What would make you stand out from the other candidates?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ohio State University in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was very long, the all day

Interview Question – Why do you want to come and work at OSU   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy to negotiate

Student Services Specialist Interview

Student Services Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ohio State University.

Interview Details – It takes months to hear from them after filling out the application online. You will go through two interviews. The first being with several staff members that you will be working with. The second interview is with the Director. They require a Bachelor's degree, but you will find that the supervisors may not have a degree. It is a long and drawn out process.

Interview Question – You will be hired based on your personality and ability to follow the rules.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ohio State University.

Interview Details – Interviewed which each of the 6-person team for about an hour. Mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Question – How do you manage parent expectations for a program?   Answer Question

Windows Consultant Interview

Windows Consultant
Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ohio State University in March 2012.

Interview Details – I did well in the class, so my professor approached me toward the end of the quarter to ask if I wanted to work for her. I told her I was interested, and she had me contact the the supervisor of the Windows consultants. My professor sent her recommendation of me, and I scheduled a time to meet with the supervisor for about 10 minutes.

Interview Question – Why do you think you will be good in this position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant

Interviewed at Ohio State University

Interview Details – You first need an admit, once admitted you can send an email to the professor you are interested to work with and wait for his reply. Do send your resume. Mention you past experiences and how is your background fit for the research. If selected expect that sometimes your professor might switch your position with teaching assistantship.

Interview Question – Every professor in every university is different, it would be better to meet his/her student before meeting with the professor itself.   Answer Question