Ohio State University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Math Tutor Interview

Math Tutor
Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ohio State University in June 2011.

Interview Details – Once you take your math placement test to see where you stand going into your freshmen year of school, if your score is high enough, the math center coordinator may contact you asking for you to apply. You will fill out the simple application and they will review and get back to you about the interview. If selected, you go in to the math center for your interview and they will have a one-on-one interview session with you to access your math abilities. In my group, we had to perform a problem on the board for a group of both potential tutors and the staff. Not that difficult though because they know that we are students and this will not be a permanent job.

Interview Question – We had to get in front of the group and solve a random math problem given to us.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations took place since it is the University hiring and you get what you get. In saying that, as tutors, we already start off with better pay than most other campus jobs.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Ohio State University

Worked for Ohio State University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ohio State University Math Tutor interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Ohio State University employees and interview candidates.