Ohio State University Medical Center

Updated Mar 11, 2015

2.9

Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ohio State University Medical Center.

I was contacted by HR approximately 3 weeks after I applied for several Student Intern positions. I had a phone interview with HR that consisted of 3 behavioral questions. I was then brought in for a basic interview with the nurse manager which was very conversational. I was also given a tour of the facilities and they made me feel like I already got the position.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time at school, work, etc that you failed to manage your time correctly and how did you make it right?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ohio State University Medical Center in September 2014.

The entire process, from submitting my online application to being offered the position, took about one month. I was first notified by e-mail that I was selected to participate in a video interview through HireVue. Next, I was offered (again by e-mail) a face-to-face "targeted selection" interview with the hiring manager and a department supervisor. The e-mail gave very specific interview tips and expectations, including what to expect in terms of behavioral interview questions. Within a few days, a recruiter called me to set up the interview. The hiring manager and supervisor I met with were friendly and started off the interview asking me to walk through my resume and discuss my work history. Then, they took turns asking me questions about my accomplishments and challenges and the actions I took in each situation. They asked about my availability and gave me a little information about the job.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give an example of a time on a job when you handled conflict?   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ohio State University Medical Center in September 2014.

I submitted my resume via internet. I was contacted by phone within two days and asked to come in for an interview. I met with two different hiring managers, the office manager and the medical assistant supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what made me the ideal candidate for the position?, What skills do you have to offer?, Describe a time when you had a disagreement with a co-worker/how did you handle it?, Give an example of a time you went above and beyond for a client.   View Answer

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ohio State University Medical Center in July 2013.

I submitted an application online in June and didn’t get an offer for an interview until mid to end of July. They contacted me through email and made plans for an in-person interview (I live about 2 ½ hours away from Columbus). I only had one interview – they informed me that they chose 9 out of 50 applicants and were narrowing it down to 2. Everyone in the department (department of surgery) was very friendly and accommodating. I interviewed with three different people and the first one was running late which caused my entire interview process to run behind schedule but other than that it was a relatively pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions they asked me were standard interview questions such as my biggest accomplishment to date, words to describe myself, etc. I have a background in public health and one interviewer saw that I knew a few statistical programs and asked me some specific tests that I’ve used but that was probably the most difficult question of the interview.   Answer Question

Research Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ohio State University Medical Center.

The process was VERY long and drawn out. I had difficulty getting responses from the recruiters in a timely manner. They would promise to call or email within a certain time frame and never did - a promise of 2-3 days was more like a month. During the interview, the head of recruiting was 20 minutes late so I only had a few minutes to speak to her before being rushed to speak with another manager, who was not expecting me and as he was getting ready for a meeting only gave me a few minutes of his time and it was obvious that I was not his top priority. I did not feel like a valued candidate and did not think I got an opportunity to answer questions and give everyone an opportunity to fully evaluate my experience and skills.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ohio State University Medical Center in March 2013.

The hiring and interview process was very simple. However, I already knew the PI for this position as he was a current graduate professor. So I simply met with him and discussed the position, then was formally offered. I did have some trouble dealing with the ID process at the medical center. They seemed a little bit unorganized, but in their defense they had just moved locations and were dealing with a massive hospital construction process.

Interview Questions
    • There were no real difficult or unexpected questions, but again the interview was with a professor who I already knew.   Answer Question
    This position was being funded by grant money, so there was already a set budget for this position and no real way to negotiate. However, it was great experience and enough money to get by.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

This was the most detailed interview process I've ever had. After a phone screening by the hiring manager, I came in for an in-person interview that lasted 6 hours. By the end of it, I had met with over 25 people, some in groups of up to 4 people, some were individual interviews. Because my position works with so many different individuals/teams, they felt it was necessary to get a wide-range of input on my skills and abilities. I thought it was a fantastic screening process.

Didn't try to negotiate- wish I would've! Highly recommend negotiating in at a higher salary because it's more difficult to do that one you are inside.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ohio State University Medical Center in June 2012.

Initially applied to research assistant II job, but was not qualified, so HR referred me to another research assistant I job. I applied online using the HR rep as a referral. I quickly got an interview, which lasted 2 hours consisting of the PI telling me about his projects, and days later got the job.

Interview Questions
    • This may sounds unrealistic, but I don't remember any hard questions.   Answer Question
    There wasn't really a negotiation phase. I was offered the job, accepted, then came in for a check up meeting and was informed of my pay, which I was pleased with having just graduated.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

The process took a dayinterviewed at Ohio State University Medical Center in February 2012.

Initial contact was through an email requesting the interview.
    The interview was a phone interview and conducted at a high level with little discussion about real job qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • This position will require work frequently during third shift, 11:00pm-7:30am hours. How do you feel about this?   View Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Ohio State University Medical Center in March 2010.

I applied here by email. I got reply perhaps after several months. I visited here and interviewed for 2 days. I met many faculties. They wanted me and my technologies at that time. A chairman hinted that he needed me. I got an official job offer a weeks later.