Ohio University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.1

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ohio University (Athens, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

a group people were separated by two supervisors, and each one should answer about 6 or 7 questions, and lastly, we were asked to do a scene-simulate. The entire process was not that hard, and all the questions were about how to deal with students, and none of the questions were about your skills, and skills check are based on your reference and recommend letters.

Interview Questions

Interview

Interviewed with the graduate adviser in person. Separately, other professors went through my application, made decision and let me know. It was difficult getting a hold of the graduate adviser initially. Showed up after not hearing back from them for about a month.

Interview Questions

• Just general questions about past research experience, previous coursework etc.   Answer Question

Nursing Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zanesville, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ohio University (Zanesville, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. At the time I was a student at the University in the nursing program. They needed additional help in the nursing lab and I was approached by the nursing lab director after she had seen me helping with another class's graduation ceremony.

Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ohio University in April 2014.

Interview

Apply online, answered several questions about experiences in certain situations and working environment. Followed by several emails working out details and final questions. Then in person interviews, with four of the office staff. Resume and personal questions. An email offering the job came two days after the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Application, followed by interview. If you pass both of these preliminary cuts then you take a 10 week course that is essentially an extended interview. At the conclusion of the class you are rated on a 1-5 scale in 5 separate categories with the highest possible score being 25. This score largely determines if you are hired.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question in the 10 week course/interview. It was largely a matter of knowing when to shut up. They would present you with a scenario that you may have to deal with as an RA (e.g. encountering a drunk student passed out in the hallway) and it was your job to resolve the situation as quickly and effectively as possible. Extended rants, offerings of personal antecedents, and your own personal opinion on the morality of the scenario are not helpful, they simply want to see the situation resolved as quickly as possible within the guidelines of university policy   Answer Question

Negotiation

It does help to be male, as generally more females apply then males and they do need a relatively equal number of both. I scored 24 out of 25 in the class, and likely would have been hired so long as I scored about an 18 as I am a 6 ft, 220 lbs male who they instantly picked to be an RA for a floor section of football players and other male athletes.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ohio University.

Interview

Make friends with a professor and show that you are interested in working with them on a research project. Pretty easy process/

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Understanding that you might work for free. But that it would be worth it.

Aquatic Employee Interview

Interview

Group hire. The process is simple they interview you for the job first with a group interview than they test out skills. Make sure to get to know the person testing you on the skills because this really determines if you make it or break it

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ohio University (Columbus, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

you are assigned a professor. you meet weekly and get assigned research topics. then you do you research, consolidate it and turn it to your professor. you can use library resources and you sped less the the time needed to finish the weekly assignments.

Interview Questions

• you do not have a choice of who you work with. It is part of the scholarship. You are assigned a professor and you meet you meet weekly and get assigned research topics. then you do you research, consolidate it and turn it to your professor.   Answer Question

Front Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ohio University (Athens, OH) in January 2013.

Interview

Was different than an interview. More of a training process. Was told what duties and assignments that I would be doing with the job. The supervisor was very nice and helpful. Was shown around the workplace.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ironton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ohio University (Ironton, OH) in May 2011.

Interview

Filled out application on-line. Got called in for an interview. Got hired and had to fill out the typical paperwork.