Ohio University Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014
Updated Sep 23, 2014

2.1

Audit Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ohio University in April 2014.

Apply online, answered several questions about experiences in certain situations and working environment. Followed by several emails working out details and final questions. Then in person interviews, with four of the office staff. Resume and personal questions. An email offering the job came two days after the interview.

no negotiation

Research Assistant Interview

Application, followed by interview. If you pass both of these preliminary cuts then you take a 10 week course that is essentially an extended interview. At the conclusion of the class you are rated on a 1-5 scale in 5 separate categories with the highest possible score being 25. This score largely determines if you are hired.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question in the 10 week course/interview. It was largely a matter of knowing when to shut up. They would present you with a scenario that you may have to deal with as an RA (e.g. encountering a drunk student passed out in the hallway) and it was your job to resolve the situation as quickly and effectively as possible. Extended rants, offerings of personal antecedents, and your own personal opinion on the morality of the scenario are not helpful, they simply want to see the situation resolved as quickly as possible within the guidelines of university policy   Answer Question
    It does help to be male, as generally more females apply then males and they do need a relatively equal number of both. I scored 24 out of 25 in the class, and likely would have been hired so long as I scored about an 18 as I am a 6 ft, 220 lbs male who they instantly picked to be an RA for a floor section of football players and other male athletes.

Research Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Ohio University.

Make friends with a professor and show that you are interested in working with them on a research project. Pretty easy process/

Interview Questions
    Understanding that you might work for free. But that it would be worth it.

Aquatic Employee Interview

Group hire. The process is simple they interview you for the job first with a group interview than they test out skills. Make sure to get to know the person testing you on the skills because this really determines if you make it or break it

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ironton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ironton, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ohio University in May 2011.

Filled out application on-line. Got called in for an interview. Got hired and had to fill out the typical paperwork.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ohio University in August 2010.

I filled out an application, was already set up with the athletic department and was hired as soon as I submitted all of my document.s

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult as long as you meet specifications.   View Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Ohio University in August 2010.

Basic questions about imgaing a windows machine.
    What is Sysprep
    What happens during sys prep
    What are the details of silent install
    What is GPO
    How to mount printers through GPO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Ohio University in April 2010.

Search professors online, send emails to interested professors for jobs.

No negotiation.

Marketing and Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norman, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ohio University in April 2010.

Panel of other employees took turns asking questions, boss listened and added additional questions and comments at the end of the interview

Interview Questions
    • When was a time when you were in charge of something and failed, and how did you overcome the failure?   Answer Question

Assistant Director Employer Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, OH

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Ohio University in August 2009.

Initial communication included an online application. Was offered a phone interview 2 days after the close of the application deadline. Phone interview consisted of 5 individuals asking questions from the search committee. About 1 week after the phone interview I was offered an on campus interview. This was scheduled 3 weeks out. During the interview I met one on one with the dean, department director, search committee, office staff, and presented a oral presentation. I was taken to lunch by members of the search committee. The office environment was very welcoming and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • What is my own personal definition of success.   View Answer
    Due to budget constraints negotiations are not likely.

Worked for Ohio University? Contribute to the Community!