OhioHealth Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015

2.5

Volunteer/Grady Memorial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delaware, OH

Interview

Only talked with a coordinator once- no follow through!? I reviewed a similar review of the same nature. I am over-qualified if anything. Appears that there is no director or manager and inquiries may be falling through the cracks.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about is?   1 Answer

Staff RN Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at OhioHealth.

Interview

After applying through the company website I was interviewed by my direct supervisor and peers. I was then interviewed by HR where I discussed compensation and benefits. The HR representative was a little unprepared and seemed inexperienced but the overall experience was good. It has been a great experience so far.

Interview Questions

• What was the most stressful situation you have ever been in and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was not an option. I was told that all Staff RNs start at a certain rate based on years of experience.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at OhioHealth.

Interview

I had an odd couple of interviews which seemed disjointed and confusing. I was heavily pursued, they wanted to talk to me immediately. However, after phone interview number 5, I never heard back. I tried asking the HR person what happened but NEVER heard back.

OFFICE SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grove City, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OhioHealth (Grove City, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was relaxed and fun. I had two interviews, one at the Grove City location and one at the location off Henderson Rd. Those I met with were full of laughs and kept me feeling calm throughout the interview. The hiring process was easy. Once I was accepted for the position, an HR representative called to let me know and explained how my pay will work. They communicated with my old manager (I was a transfer) directly and they decided on a start date for me. The only bump in the road we had: I was told to listen for a call from my new manager and never received one so I called her around 6 days before my projected start date. She had emailed me at a company email I did not have access to and I did not receive the information needed. Fortunately she was quick to explain it to me and told me she would print the documents off and have them ready for me when I got started so I had nothing to worry about.

Interview Questions

• "Please explain to me how to make an omelette."   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate and they were very open to my questions and concerns, including the location I would be working. They had the ability to place me where ever they saw fit but were kind enough to allow me to start at a location close to my home as per my request.

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at OhioHealth (Dublin, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

I tried to connect with a few of the hospitals to learn about the application process, opportunities, etc. I selected to volunteer at the hospital in Dublin or Delaware due to driving distance, but these two locations ended up not working out. After numerous calls/emails, I was surprised at what I learned from the people I would reach and the lack of follow through and disorganization.
    It appears as though applicants aren't valued, so when I was told from those I spoke with how there was low volunteer morale at both places, I wasn't surprised. It was communicated to me that there was not a manager of volunteer services in place and that this was causing volunteer turnover, and other negative consequences for applicants, current volunteers and staff. One person said everyone was running around with their heads cut off because of lack of direction, supervision and lack of recognition. I never did get an interview face to face. If I would have, I was told there would be a lack of appropriately assessing my skills, because there wasn't the right person in place to do so

Interview Questions

• How did I hear about the volunteer opportunities   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at OhioHealth (Columbus, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone interview and then panel interview. Everyone was pleasant and professional. Interviewed with Director and two managers and they made me feel very comfortable. The process overall went very smoothly and quickly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very simple. They gave me what I wanted.

CNP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OhioHealth (Columbus, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

HR interview process was quick and easy- no terribly difficult questions; quote on salary was verbally provided to me during interview; fingerprints obtained immediately following interview with HR. HR called both professional references I provided to them within a day following my interview. Following HR interview, an appointment was scheduled with employee health to have urine drug screen completed. At this appointment, If the employee does not have proof of immunizations/titers, then those would also be obtained on that date as well. My picture for ID badge was taken following my appoinment with employee health.

Following employee health appointment (on a separate date), there is an off-site hospital wide employee orientation meeting, which lasts all day. Benefits, expectations for employee conduct, etc. are explained on this date. Introduction to the hospital's computer system also takes place during orientation. A fully catered free lunch is provided to all employees, as well as a continental breakfast the morning of the orientation. At lunch, some vendors such as MetLife, Nationwide, etc. are set up to provide employees with options for supplemental benefits, if they so wish to oblige. The employee receives his/her ID badge during orientation.

Ohio Health truly seems to have very dedicated, loyal employees who truly value their positions and the organization they represent.

Interview Questions

• I had no difficulties with the interview/hiring process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't feel the need to negotiate, as the offer was more than fair.

Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at OhioHealth (Columbus, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

I had two interviews. The first one was great and made me feel very comfortable. The questions were pretty standard and easy to answer. The second interview was uncomfortable. I could tell she kind of had an attitude and would not make a good manager. It was very disorganized. For the interview she pulled out a blank piece of computer paper, asked me maybe 5 questions, and wrote down my answers. The whole time I could tell she was struggling to think of questions to ask me.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard and I didn't really have a problem answering them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating.

Psychiatric Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at OhioHealth in May 2013.

Interview

Two interviews, one with HR then a panel interview with the three managers. Mostly situational questions relating to mental health. Even though I was hired, it was still almost 6 weeks before I was actually done with the hospital bloodwork/processing etc. The key is to keep calling HR reps, as they have TONS of people they work with. Your managers will push you along if you're a strong applicant, but overall the HR holds up the process quite a bit.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a patient was screaming?
      Are you ok with doing medical work such as incontinence care?

Answer Question

Communications Interview

Interview

I spoke with the hiring manager over the phone to set up the in person interview. The first round of interviews was with her and one other person in the dept. My second round included a 3 hour session with numerous potential colleagues. They were all very welcoming and our conversation was casual. They were interested in portfolio samples and many questions revolved around my healthcare experience.