Okaloosa County

1 candidate interview
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Interview

Operations

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Okaloosa County in August 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was straightforward on what capabilities I brought to the position. First interview was telephone, then a one on one in the interviewers office. Wasn't called back until approx five weeks later (I assume they pursued someone else who declined the position). Was asked on the telephone if I was still interested despite the "pathetically low salary." I said yes and had a final interview/verbal offer with the same supervisor.

Interview Question – Questions were pretty straightforward and I wouldn't classify any as difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation regarding salary, benefits, etc, and I never got a written offer of employment. Advice: realize that county pay is fairly low and there isn't much flexibility with higher pay or other benefits to offset the low pay. It should be common sense, but I strongly suggest you get everything they "promise" in writing.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Okaloosa County? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Okaloosa County interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Okaloosa County employees and interview candidates.