Interviews for Top Jobs at Oklahoma City Public Schools

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Oklahoma City Public Schools (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online. I got an email 2 weeks later. Got invited to orientation with 10 others subs. I had to pay 59.00 for a background check that was non refundable. I was asked ZERO questions. Teachers withholding bachelor's degrees that are uncertified make 55 dollars a day. High school students can apply too. They make 45 dollars a day and certified teachers make $80 day. So, if you pass the background check your in. No drug test at all whatsoever. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• no questions. You watch blood pathogen videos, and ways to identify child abuse.   1 Answer
    • How often do you want to get paid?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. $45 for HS Students $55 for non certified teachers. $80 for certfied and retired teachers. It's supposed to change for teachers assistants in the fall to I believe half a day pay even if sub works all day.

Language Arts Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Oklahoma City Public Schools.

Interview

I was submitted my application on the OKCPS website. I was called in for an interview with the principal and the chair of the English department. I loved both of them! The interview was very formal. They asked basic questions, and I could tell they wanted detail answers as to if I could handle teaching at that location. I was called two days later and was again asked if I wanted to work there. I replied yes and it was one of the best moves Ive made career wise.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

State sets the salary based on degree and years of experience.