Oklahoma Department of Human Services

Updated Jun 17, 2015

2.3

Social Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Oklahoma Department of Human Services (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

they asked scripted questions to every person interviewing, and then give you one math question to answer. interviewers appeared bothered if you asked questions regarding the job or the interview process. people were nice but unapproachable.

Interview Questions

no face to face contact with the public, all the work would have been on the phone. not a challenging enough position. for someone right out of school, would probably be a good starting point.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Oklahoma Department of Human Services (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2014.

Interview

Attended Job Fair in Late August. At least 20+ people on hand to interview for positions within Oklahoma County. Submitted Application and transcripts and got interviewed on the spot and extended conditional employment offer. Several Positions available and seems like several got extended job offers that day. Took a week to hear back on anything after that.

Interview Questions

• Why are people poor and how does that affect children? Describe your strengths/weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Enter either as a I or a II depending on education/experience. Hiring authority decides that.

Social Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oklahoma Department of Human Services.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to take the assessment test. Received my score and months later was invited to have an interview. It was a 2 person panel interview. I was offered the job at the end of the interview and started the next week. The process from start to finish took 2 months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Child Support Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oklahoma Department of Human Services (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

Testing, Resume, Writing sample, 3 letters of recommendation, interview. It was a long process, but worth it. The supervisors seem very friendly and compassionate about their job. Looking forward to a career.

Interview Questions

• Write about who you would spend an evening with, whether living or deceased, and explain why.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation. set salary schedules.

Application Spec IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oklahoma Department of Human Services (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Testing done for position, last time I saw test it was only good for programming in the 80's. No VB, C# or SQL questions. Mainly cobol and assembley. Hopefully they have newer tests now.

Child Welfare Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Oklahoma Department of Human Services in May 2013.

Interview

Usually at hiring fairs they take anyone who applies with a degree. They have multiple career firs for anyone that can pass a drug test and that can read. They also do not require much. The process takes about three to four weeks for employment, but you will know that day if they intend to offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Oklahoma Department of Human Services.

Interview

Interviewed for this position three different times. It seems as if there is a high turnover rate. At this point I think it might have been a blessing in disguise that I did not get this job. Working with people concerning the two most important things in their life, their kids and their money.

Interview Questions

• None too difficult. How do you organize your work, how do you handle conflict with co-workers, all of the standard questions.   Answer Question

Cws IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atoka, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oklahoma Department of Human Services (Atoka, OK) in September 2012.

Interview

Many people. They asked questions. I answered. They led me to.believe u had.the job. I didn't get it. I drove 2 1/2.hrs for.the interview. They asked examples of problems I had dealt with in the workplace.

Interview Questions

• How would u deal w/family emergency if u were on call?   Answer Question

Social Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midwest City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Oklahoma Department of Human Services (Midwest City, OK) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for an interview by email. I arrived for the appointed time and was escorted to a room where I completed a panel interview with three interviewers. They stuck to a pre-printed list of questions that were also given to me, and then allowed me to ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• What does confidentiality mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Oklahoma Department of Human Services (Bartlesville, OK) in January 2009.

Interview

I applied online and also mailed in a hard copy of my application and resume directly to the county office. I called to follow up and found out that letters would be mailed out offering an interview within a few weeks. It was about 4-5 weeks from the date of application to the interview date and a couple more weeks before hearing of being hired. The start date was another few weeks out from being hired. All in all, a long process. I was interviewed one time by all three supervisors in Child Welfare. They go through a list of questions and give applicants a numerical rating along with comments. The Interview was positive and the ladies appeared to be in the business of helping people. Afterwards I was asked to write up a summary of one experience I have had helping someone. A friend was asked to write an affadavit for custody in thirty minutes following the interview. The job requires extensive writing and documentation so they use the summary or affadavit test of that.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on kinship?   1 Answer
    • How would you interact with someone accused or convicted of molesting their child?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation as a new worker at Child Welfare at this time. I won the offer over several other candidates and was still given the lowest pay for this rating during the initial probation period. I negotiated with the County Director but was told they cannot negotiate.