Oklahoma Department of Human Services

Unclaimed Profile

Oklahoma Department of Human Services Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.4

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Oklahoma Department of Human Services in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Got a call in 2 weeks. Interview 2 weeks after that. Interview was quick. Panel of two ladies, both very nice. If I am selected I will be contacted within the next 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• 4 reasons we should hire you.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time in which you had to deal with a hostile individual.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time in which you had to assess and address the needs of a child and their family.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time in which you had to deal with a group of people whose culture was different from your.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time in which you had to support some one whose choices went against your personal beliefs.   Answer Question
    • Would you rather work for CPS investigation or permanency planning part?   Answer Question
    • What do you understand about what we do?   Answer Question

Child Welfare Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oklahoma Department of Human Services (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2014.

Interview

They bring you into a conference room and there are usually 2-3 people there. They ask you questions that apply to the job you are applying for and then sometimes you may have some form of question that you type the answer to so they can see how your critical thinking is.

Social Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oklahoma Department of Human Services (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

they asked scripted questions to every person interviewing, and then give you one math question to answer. interviewers appeared bothered if you asked questions regarding the job or the interview process. people were nice but unapproachable.

Interview Questions

no face to face contact with the public, all the work would have been on the phone. not a challenging enough position. for someone right out of school, would probably be a good starting point.

Child Welfare Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oklahoma Department of Human Services (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2014.

Interview

Attended Job Fair in Late August. At least 20+ people on hand to interview for positions within Oklahoma County. Submitted Application and transcripts and got interviewed on the spot and extended conditional employment offer. Several Positions available and seems like several got extended job offers that day. Took a week to hear back on anything after that.

Interview Questions

• Why are people poor and how does that affect children? Describe your strengths/weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Enter either as a I or a II depending on education/experience. Hiring authority decides that.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oklahoma Department of Human Services.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to take the assessment test. Received my score and months later was invited to have an interview. It was a 2 person panel interview. I was offered the job at the end of the interview and started the next week. The process from start to finish took 2 months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Child Support Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oklahoma Department of Human Services (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

Testing, Resume, Writing sample, 3 letters of recommendation, interview. It was a long process, but worth it. The supervisors seem very friendly and compassionate about their job. Looking forward to a career.

Interview Questions

• Write about who you would spend an evening with, whether living or deceased, and explain why.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation. set salary schedules.

Application Spec IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oklahoma Department of Human Services (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Testing done for position, last time I saw test it was only good for programming in the 80's. No VB, C# or SQL questions. Mainly cobol and assembley. Hopefully they have newer tests now.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oklahoma Department of Human Services in May 2013.

Interview

Usually at hiring fairs they take anyone who applies with a degree. They have multiple career firs for anyone that can pass a drug test and that can read. They also do not require much. The process takes about three to four weeks for employment, but you will know that day if they intend to offer.

Child Support Specialist I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oklahoma Department of Human Services.

Interview

Interviewed for this position three different times. It seems as if there is a high turnover rate. At this point I think it might have been a blessing in disguise that I did not get this job. Working with people concerning the two most important things in their life, their kids and their money.

Interview Questions

• None too difficult. How do you organize your work, how do you handle conflict with co-workers, all of the standard questions.   Answer Question

Cws IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atoka, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oklahoma Department of Human Services (Atoka, OK) in September 2012.

Interview

Many people. They asked questions. I answered. They led me to.believe u had.the job. I didn't get it. I drove 2 1/2.hrs for.the interview. They asked examples of problems I had dealt with in the workplace.

Interview Questions

• How would u deal w/family emergency if u were on call?   Answer Question