Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2012.

Interview

Gave an hour-long seminar to lab members about previous research. Then it was 1:1 sessions with each of the lab members, discussing things ranging from projects in the lab, technical skills, career expectations and personality matches. The interview process even included a very casual lunch outing with the lab members, minus the boss for privacy.

Biomedical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2010.

Interview

Interview was not intimidating. I first met with and HR rep and then had a 2hr 1:1 interview with the PI. I was asked several questions regarding my background and interests and asked questions about the focus of the lab, projected areas of future work, and lab employee culture. My advice to individuals preparing for an interview would be to thoroughly research the scientist/lab you and interviewing with. Try to pinpoint how your background, skills, and career interests align with and can help support the interests of the lab.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to this job?   1 Answer

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2010.

Interview

Hiring is a thorough process. You have to give a seminar, and go through meetings with faculty. Your schedule is well organized, including flight/hotel/transportation. Besides faculty, you go through HR, and they describe everything work-related.

Interview Questions

• At OMRF, work ethics is quite high, and non-professional questions are avoided. Just be yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiations. Senior scientist position is well defined, not many options.