Oklahoma State

22 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Oklahoma State.

Interview Details – Met the professor directly and handed the resume. after some questions of skills and a week time, I got selected. The main questions are regarding the undergraduate project and the corses.

Interview Question – Are you familiar with the laboratory testing and field testing of the soil   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator

I applied online and interviewed at Oklahoma State.

Interview Details – The first interview was with a panel of four people from the department and people who work closely with the department, including the direct supervisory. The interview was structured with a specific list of questions prepared in advance. The second interview was with the same panel of four, and they allowed plenty of time for my questions and more open-ended dialogue.

Interview Question – All the questions were fairly standard and predictable.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR handled the offer and onboarding process. There was an orientation class immediately after I started, and the supervisor encouraged me to take time to meet people on campus. She was professional and very supportive as I learned about OSU and working in a state/academic institution.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Stillwater, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oklahoma State in August 2010.

Interview Details – I had to talk to the graduate advisor and he recommended me to talk to a professor of my field

Interview Question – What is the most important function of platelets?   Answer Question

Zumba Instructor Interview

Zumba Instructor

Interviewed at Oklahoma State

Interview Details – First, I took a Zumba certification course. Once I had my certificate, I notified the head of group fitness at the Colvin Center, and he signed me up for try-outs. I had to teach 3 songs in another instructors class and a few days later, I did my 3 songs in front of the "judges."

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant
Stillwater, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oklahoma State.

Interview Details – The award process is completely based on your application. Given the low number of applicants, I'd say you're almost guaranteed funding (within reason) if you apply.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions are simply those on the application. There is no true "interview."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating. The stipend is set. I'd consider asking to possibly TA 2 classes though as opposed to being both a TA and research assistant.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Graduate Teaching Assistant
Stillwater, OK

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Oklahoma State in October 2011.

Interview Details – easy personal interview!!

Interview Question – What would you do if your'e co worker is not doing his part   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Very Easy Interview

Cusrodian I Interview

Cusrodian I
Stillwater, OK

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Oklahoma State.

Interview Details – Must go through the website to apply. The interview was quite relaxed, but the background check and other considerations took a month before I could start.

Interview Question – It was pretty strait forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The Board of Regents decides all pay.

Very Easy Interview

Extension Educator Interview

Extension Educator

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oklahoma State.

Interview Details – Two-tiered system. Applicant pool interview is a no-brainer and basically if you know someone within the system its a shoe-in. Its important to get qualified for all subject areas up front otherwise there is no opportunity to move to a slasher position down the road. Specific site interviews ask basic questions and see how you would fit within the office structure.

Interview Question – Who would you include in your stakeholder panel?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, no room to negotiate, the salary is stated up front and there is no deviation from it.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Stillwater, OK

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Oklahoma State in January 2012.

Interview Details – approached the professor, told him about my technical skills and achievements and he was pretty impressed with the paper presentation at higher level.

Interview Question – Are you ready to work for more than what is needed?   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Graduate Teaching Assistant

Interviewed at Oklahoma State

Interview Details – I am an international student and I was granted the opportunity to work based on my prior experiences and my GRE score. I am enrolled in Management Information Systems department and it has an automated system which does not accept applications but looks up its database of enrolled students and grants the deserving student of the position.

Interview Question – As it was an automated process I was not asked any question and they selected me based on my resume.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oklahoma State

Worked for Oklahoma State? Contribute to the Community!