Oklahoma State Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2014

2.3

Carpenter Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Oklahoma State.

I received and email shortly after applying for the job to schedule an interview. The actual interview took only 15 minutes. I met in a conference room with only two other people. Both were very friendly, and the questions were not very hard. The dress was business casual, although that was probably overdressed.

Interview Questions
    • They looked over my resume and asked me questions based on it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they offered me the job without stating pay

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Oklahoma State.

Met the professor directly and handed the resume. after some questions of skills and a week time, I got selected. The main questions are regarding the undergraduate project and the corses.

Interview Questions
    • Are you familiar with the laboratory testing and field testing of the soil   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Oklahoma State.

The first interview was with a panel of four people from the department and people who work closely with the department, including the direct supervisory. The interview was structured with a specific list of questions prepared in advance. The second interview was with the same panel of four, and they allowed plenty of time for my questions and more open-ended dialogue.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were fairly standard and predictable.   Answer Question
    HR handled the offer and onboarding process. There was an orientation class immediately after I started, and the supervisor encouraged me to take time to meet people on campus. She was professional and very supportive as I learned about OSU and working in a state/academic institution.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oklahoma State in August 2010.

I had to talk to the graduate advisor and he recommended me to talk to a professor of my field

Zumba Instructor Interview

First, I took a Zumba certification course. Once I had my certificate, I notified the head of group fitness at the Colvin Center, and he signed me up for try-outs. I had to teach 3 songs in another instructors class and a few days later, I did my 3 songs in front of the "judges."

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Oklahoma State.

The award process is completely based on your application. Given the low number of applicants, I'd say you're almost guaranteed funding (within reason) if you apply.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions are simply those on the application. There is no true "interview."   Answer Question
    There is no negotiating. The stipend is set. I'd consider asking to possibly TA 2 classes though as opposed to being both a TA and research assistant.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Oklahoma State in October 2011.

easy personal interview!!

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your'e co worker is not doing his part   View Answer
    no negotiations

Cusrodian I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Oklahoma State.

Must go through the website to apply. The interview was quite relaxed, but the background check and other considerations took a month before I could start.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. The Board of Regents decides all pay.

Extension Educator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Oklahoma State.

Two-tiered system. Applicant pool interview is a no-brainer and basically if you know someone within the system its a shoe-in. Its important to get qualified for all subject areas up front otherwise there is no opportunity to move to a slasher position down the road. Specific site interviews ask basic questions and see how you would fit within the office structure.

Interview Questions
    • Who would you include in your stakeholder panel?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation, no room to negotiate, the salary is stated up front and there is no deviation from it.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Oklahoma State in January 2012.

approached the professor, told him about my technical skills and achievements and he was pretty impressed with the paper presentation at higher level.

Interview Questions

Worked for Oklahoma State? Contribute to the Community!