Oklahoma State Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2015

2.3

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

First I created a profile then I applied for the the position then did the email contacts then about 2 weeks later I received an email to ask me to visit the professor to interview. and a week later I received an email to go do the drug test. A day later I received an email with documents for confirmation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oklahoma State (Stillwater, OK) in August 2014.

Interview

It was behavioral interview, based on our past experience dealing with students and communication skills, on campus activities etc., I got a mail from College of Engineering Architecture and Technology office to meet Professor in his room. There were 6 other students like me in his office to discuss about roles, our past experiences and things like that. We were told that we would get an email or call if we got selected for the position. I got a mail saying so and asked me to come in for the paper work next day.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in dealing with students?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate, its a fixed salary and fee waiver.

Application

Interview

Position is based on GPA. I got a phone call from the business school offering the position of Graduate Teaching Assistant. They only call students who have a good GPA (Mine was 3.7 at the time). Many positions are available you just need to do well in the first semester. I would recommend getting a 4.0 and then just wait for that call.

Interview Questions

• The only question was, are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.

Carpenter Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oklahoma State (Stillwater, OK).

Interview

I received and email shortly after applying for the job to schedule an interview. The actual interview took only 15 minutes. I met in a conference room with only two other people. Both were very friendly, and the questions were not very hard. The dress was business casual, although that was probably overdressed.

Interview Questions

• They looked over my resume and asked me questions based on it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they offered me the job without stating pay

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oklahoma State.

Interview

Met the professor directly and handed the resume. after some questions of skills and a week time, I got selected. The main questions are regarding the undergraduate project and the corses.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with the laboratory testing and field testing of the soil   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oklahoma State.

Interview

The first interview was with a panel of four people from the department and people who work closely with the department, including the direct supervisory. The interview was structured with a specific list of questions prepared in advance. The second interview was with the same panel of four, and they allowed plenty of time for my questions and more open-ended dialogue.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were fairly standard and predictable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR handled the offer and onboarding process. There was an orientation class immediately after I started, and the supervisor encouraged me to take time to meet people on campus. She was professional and very supportive as I learned about OSU and working in a state/academic institution.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oklahoma State in March 2014.

Interview

I heard nothing from the graduate program, but received an e-mail about available assistantships. I applied to each department individually and scheduled Skype interview. I was interviewed with a panel consisting of full staff members as well as students. Everyone was invited to ask questions and afterwards, I was allowed to ask questions. Everyone was very honest about responsibilities, time commitment and difficulties.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you failed and what you learned from that experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given two weeks to think about the offer.

Zumba Instructor Interview

Interview

First, I took a Zumba certification course. Once I had my certificate, I notified the head of group fitness at the Colvin Center, and he signed me up for try-outs. I had to teach 3 songs in another instructors class and a few days later, I did my 3 songs in front of the "judges."

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oklahoma State (Stillwater, OK).

Interview

The award process is completely based on your application. Given the low number of applicants, I'd say you're almost guaranteed funding (within reason) if you apply.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions are simply those on the application. There is no true "interview."   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiating. The stipend is set. I'd consider asking to possibly TA 2 classes though as opposed to being both a TA and research assistant.

Cusrodian I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Oklahoma State (Stillwater, OK).

Interview

Must go through the website to apply. The interview was quite relaxed, but the background check and other considerations took a month before I could start.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. The Board of Regents decides all pay.