Oklahoma State Interview Questions

Updated Jan 8, 2015
Updated Jan 8, 2015

2.3

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

First I created a profile then I applied for the the position then did the email contacts then about 2 weeks later I received an email to ask me to visit the professor to interview. and a week later I received an email to go do the drug test. A day later I received an email with documents for confirmation.

Carpenter Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oklahoma State.

I received and email shortly after applying for the job to schedule an interview. The actual interview took only 15 minutes. I met in a conference room with only two other people. Both were very friendly, and the questions were not very hard. The dress was business casual, although that was probably overdressed.

Interview Questions
    • They looked over my resume and asked me questions based on it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they offered me the job without stating pay

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oklahoma State.

Met the professor directly and handed the resume. after some questions of skills and a week time, I got selected. The main questions are regarding the undergraduate project and the corses.

Interview Questions
    • Are you familiar with the laboratory testing and field testing of the soil   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Oklahoma State.

The first interview was with a panel of four people from the department and people who work closely with the department, including the direct supervisory. The interview was structured with a specific list of questions prepared in advance. The second interview was with the same panel of four, and they allowed plenty of time for my questions and more open-ended dialogue.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were fairly standard and predictable.   Answer Question
    HR handled the offer and onboarding process. There was an orientation class immediately after I started, and the supervisor encouraged me to take time to meet people on campus. She was professional and very supportive as I learned about OSU and working in a state/academic institution.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oklahoma State in March 2014.

I heard nothing from the graduate program, but received an e-mail about available assistantships. I applied to each department individually and scheduled Skype interview. I was interviewed with a panel consisting of full staff members as well as students. Everyone was invited to ask questions and afterwards, I was allowed to ask questions. Everyone was very honest about responsibilities, time commitment and difficulties.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you failed and what you learned from that experience.   Answer Question
    I was given two weeks to think about the offer.

Zumba Instructor Interview

First, I took a Zumba certification course. Once I had my certificate, I notified the head of group fitness at the Colvin Center, and he signed me up for try-outs. I had to teach 3 songs in another instructors class and a few days later, I did my 3 songs in front of the "judges."

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oklahoma State.

The award process is completely based on your application. Given the low number of applicants, I'd say you're almost guaranteed funding (within reason) if you apply.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions are simply those on the application. There is no true "interview."   Answer Question
    There is no negotiating. The stipend is set. I'd consider asking to possibly TA 2 classes though as opposed to being both a TA and research assistant.

Cusrodian I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Oklahoma State.

Must go through the website to apply. The interview was quite relaxed, but the background check and other considerations took a month before I could start.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. The Board of Regents decides all pay.

Extension Educator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oklahoma State.

Two-tiered system. Applicant pool interview is a no-brainer and basically if you know someone within the system its a shoe-in. Its important to get qualified for all subject areas up front otherwise there is no opportunity to move to a slasher position down the road. Specific site interviews ask basic questions and see how you would fit within the office structure.

Interview Questions
    • Who would you include in your stakeholder panel?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation, no room to negotiate, the salary is stated up front and there is no deviation from it.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

I am an international student and I was granted the opportunity to work based on my prior experiences and my GRE score. I am enrolled in Management Information Systems department and it has an automated system which does not accept applications but looks up its database of enrolled students and grants the deserving student of the position.

Interview Questions
    • As it was an automated process I was not asked any question and they selected me based on my resume.   Answer Question