Okta

Updated Dec 4, 2014

3.3

Senior Engineer Interview

Highly unprofessional company.
    Interviewer donot know anything about the job profile or one's resume. Ask's questions that are no way related to the job profile. Company donot know whom to put in the interview panel.
    Interview questions are no way related to the job profile.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult. Questions were out of job profile.   Answer Question

I ran out of the room after facing an unprofessional person.

Software Engineer Interview

I was working on a two hours programming challenge with this company. The challenge was about password processing. I was not sure what the company really test from us. I finished the challenge in Java, and denied in the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Whether a password is valid with several conditions: at a vowels, not triple consecutive vowels or consonants, and no double consecutive letters except for "ee" and "oo"   Answer Question

Software Interview

First of all they asked to do a coding challenge ..for which they gave 2 hours..kind of tough...had to implement a password encoder scheme...required critical thinking..also required knowledge of how file system works...I think they were looking for perfect cream

Software Engineer-front End Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Okta.

1. Got a phone call from the recruited. They asked general questions and scheduled a 2 hour programming challenge.
    2. After completing the programming challenge there was a phone screen.
    3. Phone screen consisted of programming question on data structures. You should be comfortable with data structures in your favorite programming language. My interview was in Java.
    4. Was invited for onsite interview. There were 5 rounds in total and all of them were on the white board. Be prepared to do a lot of coding.

Professional Services Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Okta in September 2014.

Despite positive ratings on glassdoor, I had a pretty bad experience. I had 3 phone interviews with various leveled people and one local 1:1 interview. The next step would of been to fly me out to HQ for final rounds but I did not even get that far. I asked for feedback as all my interviews went well and the response was that I did not have enough experience. Really? You could not tell by my resume or first interview that I 'did not have enough experience' and continue to lead me on? Very upsetting

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Okta in April 2014.

Very positive experience. Recruiter was informative, available, and supportive throughout the process. Started with a 30 minute phone screen with the recruiter. Moved on to a pretty standard on-site interview process. Four 1-on-1 interviews, 30 minutes each, 2 hours total. They all just acted like themselves, which made me feel comfortable. Good balance between cordiality and down-to-business attitude. Honest in answering my questions about the position, team, company. Next step was a mock sales presentation/ sales development call. Had to present the product and vet a lead. After that, I was offered the position. I was still hesitant, so the recruiter coordinated phone calls with two other people in the company so that I could ask more questions, here different perspectives, and make an informed decision. They were keen on making sure I was comfortable making my decision and was making it for the right reasons.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Okta in March 2014.

Hiring and interview process took about 30 days. I was referred by an Okta employee - which seems the only way to get a job with an established startup. The recruiter was great and transparent about process. It was a straight forward process but slow to hire. Steps included a 30 minute phone call with a Recruiter, In Person Interview with 4 people (individually). A 30 minute Preso. Skills & Personality Assessment online that took about 90 minutes. Negotiation. Offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave an established territory and company to take on a new risk?   View Answer

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Okta.

Applied at the College Career Fair. Got an email from the recruiter after two weeks. I have interviewed with 5 companies so far and all i could say is this is the best interview experience ever. Set up a Phone Interview.

Interview Questions
    • I could not tell the question but It is based on Computer Science Fundamental related to Bits.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Okta.

Phone interview: questions about algorithms: sorting, array manipulations, etc
    then coding challenge
    finally a on site interview

Interview Questions
    • Dont know why I was rejected despite the fact that I think I solved the questions correctly   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Okta.

I got a call from the recruiter to set up some phone interview times with some of the guys on the team I was interviewing for. There were probably 4 total interview with people doing the same job that I was to be doing so that was nice. After the phone interviews the recruiter told me I had positive feedback and that he would like to schedule on site interviews. The onsite interviews consists of an informal lunch with 5-6 interviews with different teams with in Okta.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. The offer was great with great liquidity.