Olam

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

3.1

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Olam.

The hiring process was very long but useful.Had 6 rounds of interview with different Business heads in the company.I had two technical rounds out of 6,which were with my department director and Vice president.It was manageable though.Only behavioral questions and experience was asked.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult.Requires little patience and confidence   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Olam in October 2014.

Interview process at Olam was a pretty exhaustive one. Even though the process ran for around 1.5 months, it was very much organized in terms of timelines and rounds. I had 3 rounds in totality:-

First Round(Telephonic) - This was a screening process with the HR, who wanted to assess my basic interests and capabilities as per the job requirement. (15-20 mins)

Second Round(Face to Face) - This was the main round where one HR and two functional heads were present. The interview was very in depth in terms of the knowledge about the domain and the business in general as well as the application of that knowledge in real life situations. They really grilled me on all the aspects including my interest in the position, interest in the company, knowledge about the domain and my capabilities vis-a-vis the position I was applying for. (1-1.5 hours)

Third Round(Skype) - This was majorly a get to know round with the functional person with whom I would be working closely with. It was more of a discussion rather than an interview I would say. (25-30 mins)

Overall I had a wonderful experience interacting with the functional team. It was a really enriching experience for me. The HR team was also really helpful, right from scheduling my interview to getting me through the whole process.

Interview Questions
    • Situation based questions where they kept on asking me to elaborate further and kept on pushing me to come up with innovative solutions   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Harcourt (Nigeria)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Harcourt (Nigeria)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Olam in September 2014.

3 Rounds of Interview. HR Round followed by a technical Interview with the Global Head of one commodity followed by a VC Interview with a Senior VP from Olam Head office in Singapore. There was one person as the single point of communication throughout the overall process which was good and they were clear from the beginning about the time duration which the entire process might take.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about "The Six core values of Olam" which was a bit unexpected for me.   View Answer

Branch Manager Interview

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Olam in September 2014.

Olam had a 3 stage interview process. the first was a telephone interview conducted by a HR recruiting manager and was more of a screening round. The second round was a detailed in person interview with a 2 person interview panel - a functional head and a HR manager. the objective seemed to be to tilted towards understanding the fit both in terms of culture and long term adaptability than in testing technical concepts. Questions surrounding motivation, long term plans, checks with friends working in Olam etc came up in slightly different versions a few times. A fair bit of the questions were also around my current work - the exposure I had to different functional areas etc. All in all was a very comfortable and relaxed interview. The 3rd round was with another functional manager and was a Skype call. Again was more of a behavioral interview and the interviewer was primarily interested in understanding the motivation behind applying to Olam and in checking my long term plans.

A couple of days after the 3rd interview, the HR manager called me up and gave an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How my current company plans long term strategy and the process involved in rolling out and executing that strategy   Answer Question

Engineer Trainee Interview

interviewed at Olam in September 2014.

We did 2 interview in all....one by the recruiting agency and the final interview by the company... Main questions are competency based and also Field specific based. And also must questions will be asked from what's on ur resumed..so pls know it well

Interview Questions
    • When a production manager asks u to change the value u obtained in quality control section becos it deviates from d company standard so as to avoid short run in production activities, What do u do?   View Answer

Quality Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Olam in August 2014.

Interview Process was very Transparent, well Planned and Well Arranged.
    HR Team Shows real Care regarding how your Reach, whom you meet, where you Stay.
    It was Planned in step wise manner.
    First Round with HR to know about person and Present profile,
    Second Round on Video Conferencing to get the feel of candidate and his experience,
    Third Round with Face to Face with Quality head, for Technical Details.
    Fourth Round with Technical head VP for over all exposure of Company and Profile and to evaluate the Behavior and Technical Skills,
    Last and Final Round with Global HR leader for behavior evaluation for Finalization.
    It was real enriched Experience for Self Evaluation.

Branch Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Olam.

Very simple process consisting of 2 interviews. An initial one by HR for screening and then by the department head for which the position is being recruited.

Brands Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Accra (Ghana)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Accra (Ghana)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Olam.

The business head interviews managers. The interview is mainly competence based.
    The assessment is mainly about how you can add value to the company.

Interview Questions
    • nothing exceptionally difficult. The business head never seemed satisfied with the answers, and was not very readable.   Answer Question
    able to negotiate salary. Other benefits were fixed as per grade

Head Production (Sugar Manufacturing) Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Olam in April 2012.

1. First Telephonic Interview in the month of December' 2011
    2. Called to Corporate Office, Had discussions with Global Project Head, Sugar Business Head, Technical Head, HR Head. in the month of March' 2012
    3. Again called for having a meet with Country Head in the month of April' 2012
    4. There was no official communication from the Company
    5. However, as the factory is situated in Belgum, it was assumed that a localite will be recruited. But I was given an impression that it he does not join, I will be called.
    With all hopes I waited till June 10th. Finally that person Joined Olam Internation.

Industrial Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagos (Nigeria)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagos (Nigeria)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Olam in December 2011.

The recruiter did not have some vital information about the position e.g. whether it was at Manager level or executive. She also did not know the job location is outside Lagos. The interview was disappointing; it was the usual stuff of "tell us about yourself". I made use of the interview to the best of my advantage since it was also a test for me to check how good I am and not just about getting the job.

The reception was very shabby; The Security Guard and Receptionist were not briefed hence they waited time confirming the interview. One good thing though; The contact person came to the Reception to welcome me and also saw me off after the interview. The Panel did not introduce themselves until I pointed it out.

The Recruiter did not follow up. I had to call her to give her the feedback.