Olam Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

3.3

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Olam (Fresno, CA).

Interview

I was very impressed with how the interviews were conducted. We all met at Olam's Fresno headquarters and had a brief information session about the company. After that we had an opportunity to network with each other and then split up for up to eight rounds of 30 minute interviews. We got to interview with people that had to been in our position last year, and were also able to talk to employees from HR and more senior positions in the departments we applied for. Overall it was a great experience

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation you have been in and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager (Plant) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Olam (Fresno, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone screen by Regional HR Director

Face to Face interviews at Corporate Office (3hrs)
    F2F interview with Regional Director one would report to approx. 1 hr. Expectations and overview of position
    F2F interview with 2nd Regional Director from a different region 1 hr. Review all work History
    F2F with Sr Director of Human Resources 1 hr. more review on work History and questions about work titles....
    Last phase is to tour the plant for culture fit.

Interview Questions

• Asked about the company structure for each organization on my work history.
      Do you have any aspirations?
      If my superiors were contacted as reference what would they say about me.
      Questions about duties @ each organization on my resume.

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Olam (Fresno, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I met personally with a Director of Quality and a Director of HR in Olam's regional office. Director of Quality had only been with them for three months. Director of HR had been with them for five years. The interview started out in a large conference room and then was moved into a vacant office due to someone else having reserved the conference room. The director of Quality left the interview early due to being late for a meeting. Have not heard anything from these people or the recruiter who set up the interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions: why do you want to work for us; what are your career goals; why are you not working for your last employer anymore; etc.

Most of my background has been in Manufacturing and operations. Numerous questions about how a person with that background could switch to Quality and be successful. Did I find the transition difficult; what did other people think; was I the only one in the company who made that transition, etc.

My career has also spanned Product Development and R&D. I have crossed over into those areas to improve the quality of the products we were making. That concept was really difficult for the Director of Quality to accept.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Olam.

Interview

The hiring process was very long but useful.Had 6 rounds of interview with different Business heads in the company.I had two technical rounds out of 6,which were with my department director and Vice president.It was manageable though.Only behavioral questions and experience was asked.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult.Requires little patience and confidence   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Olam (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

Had 2 rounds of telephonic interviews which were meant for screening the candidates. . After the 2 interviews, I had to go to Olam Office in Gurgaon for the final round which was a VC.

The VC interview was pretty long (around 1hour).The result was announced and the offer was extended around 2-3 days after the interview. The whole process was very smooth and was completed within 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• In the telephonic round the questions ranged from current job profile to reason for settling in Africa as well as about my family

The VC questions were based on my current job profile and projects, handling practical business scenarios, leadership experiences, and assessing comfort level in permanent settling in Africa etc.

Quality Assurance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Olam (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

I had been following up Olam since 2006 when i had joined ITC. This company has always admired me since aggressive growths as well as CRS activities in African countries. Olam footprints are now expanding into my favorite portfolios i.e. Foods and processing.
    After so may year admiring for a company now I could get a chance to face managerial interview process.
    Process designed has been almost similar to other overseas operating employers however, Hospitality offered while entire process has impressed me. People in top levels who interacted me were very supportive to dialogues and were continuously helping out to understand OLAM better and taking me through the systems an setup there. I was made very clear what challenges are there in African land and how to take it forward.
     I still question myself; Why I wasn’t able to get it thru and coursing myself for not being ready for very simpler process.

Interview Questions

• Most of the discussions were around behavioral checks and decision making around situations. Also many question around technical expertise/skills learned from career so far. Case to case discussions were also there on how to solve etc.
      Leadership skills were discussed using situational cases. Integrity in decision making and fitness for challenging job environment related question were also there.

1 Answer

Financial Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Olam (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

This position was based out of India. Best thing about the interview process was that 5 rounds were completed in a months time. Interview questions were based on work experience both past and present and educational qualification. Also, questions were asked to understand your flexibility in moving to new roles and to understand skill sets to handle new roles.

Details of round:

First round (telephonic) was with HR in which general screening was done.

Second round (telephonic) was technical where questions were based on current and past work experience.

Third round (in person) was with HR . In this round HR manager has discussed family background , reason for job change, how comfortable I am moving out of India etc.. Further, I was given good visibility about the career path.

Fourth round (telephonic) It was a technical round. I was asked questions on the potential profile which I can manage in future basis my experience and qualifications.

Final round ( Video Conference) It was with Country Head. Questions were asked to understand my decision logic in different situations .Also questions were asked on cost optimization and process excellence.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question : Are you comfortable handling books?   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Olam in April 2015.

Interview

The whole process was well co-ordinated. I initially got a call from HR explaining the role on offer and a short brief about my R&R's. Subsequent to that, there were two rounds of interviews with the business stakeholders - one over VC and one face-to-face. The process did not take much time and I was constantly kept updated of the status by the HR team.

Interview Questions

• What are the various risk management techniques you use in your current job?   Answer Question

Planning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Olam (Mumbai (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview took in three rounds. Initially HR called from India office and explained about job and company . Then for short listing CV sent to Gabon office. HR called me and explained about company and discussed and understood my roles and responsibilities in my present company. Then third round CEO called and discussed on technical details and finally received offer letter yesterday.

Interview Questions

• Regarding MIS reports, PVR reports. Scheduling techniques.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Olam (Mumbai (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

A very structured Interview Process:
    1. First two rounds were telephonic with the HR
    2. 3rd Round was PI with Country Head and HR-Talent Acquisition
    3. 4th and final PI round was with Cluster Head and HR-Talent Acquisition

Results were declared within 30 days of the first round being initiated

Interview Questions

• 1. Current roles and responsibilities
      2. Capabilities developed in S&M
      3. Questions on different business scenarios encountered in my previous and current roles
      4. Profitability analysis and financial management