Olan Mills

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager/Photographer Interview

Manager/Photographer
Harper Woods, MI

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Olan Mills in October 2010.

Interview Details – I met the manager and went over questions about how long I have been a photographer and were. What I will be doing once I get a studio to run. Which is Photography, sales, be creative with the photos with all ages, turn the studio into a profit. I manage phone calls, appointments and selling prepays on the floor to customers.

Interview Question – II have not come across one that was difficult or unexpected question.   View Answer

Photographer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Olan Mills in April 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online, and heard from a DM within a few weeks. I was called in for an interview. It was pretty standard. A day or two later, I was called by the DM offering me the job. I had to have a background check done, but the company handles it, and you just have to give basic information. Training is provided afterwards.

Interview Question – I was asked to "sell" something to the interviewer. This wasn't difficult per se, but with someone like me, who has no sales experience, it was kind of winging it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The pay indicated was higher than I expected, so I didn't negotiate, but I got the feeling that I could have if I wanted to.

Acquisition Sales Representative Interview

Acquisition Sales Representative
Cambridge, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Olan Mills in August 2010.

Interview Details – the people were nice kind very professional.

Interview Question – there were no difficult or Unexpected Questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation phase

Hamilton, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Olan Mills in June 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview was relaxed. In person interview held in Bob Evans????

Interview Question – The questions were simple and straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Kansas City, MO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Olan Mills in November 2009.

Interview Details – In 1995 saw a job position opening in the window of an Olan Mills Studio. Set an appointment, was interviewed and got the job. Two years later, interviewed the Church Division Regional Manager and transferred.

Negotiation Details – Had had previous photographic background and was willing to travel anywhere.

Temple City, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Olan Mills in June 2010.

Interview Details – Received a call regarding the resume I submitted. The person calling had just a few questions for me to answer. 1) Would I be able to follow the Olan Mills dress code (no visible tattoo's, no hair color that is not natural, no heals, only black pants and business casual tops)? 2) Would I be available full time? 3) How many miles was I willing to commute? 4) Could I go to the studio for an interview the following day?
Once at the studio interview, I was asked if I had previous photography experience and what type. I was asked if I would be able to work full time and would I be interested in overtime? I was also asked how soon I would be able to start. I was contacted the following business day by the person I first spoke with and was offered the position and asked to begin work the following day. This person reminded me of the dress code, and told me my hourly pay rate. She then concluded the call by stressing that I not discuss my pay with anyone.

Interview Question – How far are you willing to travel to work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They were not open to negotiation, it was take it or leave it. I did feel that the person making the offer bent the truth to make the job sound more appealing. Once hired on, I learned that a number of the benefits had strings attached and I would not qualify for them. My suggestion is to ask lots of questions and get things in writing if possible.

Photographer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Olan Mills.

Interview Details – Very casual. Was hired over the phone.

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult about this interview   Answer Question

Photographer

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Olan Mills in June 2011.

Interview Details – the interviewer = a weirdo
very prejudice and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Church Portrait Sales Interview

Church Portrait Sales

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Olan Mills in January 2009.

Interview Details – Are you willing to travel 7 days per week? Can you sell? Will you go to training? They are looking for people that are hungry and think there is an opportunity to make BIG money in commission sales. They will train you / indoctrinate you into the Olan Mills sales model and will require a certain sales quota -- this is not for you, but directly affects your regional manager's income. Weekly you will be pounded on to make that quota -- again know this is for your management's pocket.

Interview Question – Are you willing to travel?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No ability to negotiate. It is draw against commission (that is retro active) so you will likely make $8 per hour.

Photographer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Olan Mills in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was great. The district manager was at the studio and had me fill out the application. He asked about previous work experience and basic things like that. He called me about a week or so later and told me about the photographer floater position and how much I would get paid for that. He told me about the travel compensation. I thought about it for a day or two and called him back to accept.

Interview Question – There really weren't any difficult questions   Answer Question

Worked for Olan Mills? Contribute to the Community!