Old Chicago Interview Questions

2.3

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Old Chicago.

After submitting an application online (the only way they are accepted) I waited less than two weeks before I was contacted. The interview was less than 10 minutes and relatively simple. Immediately following the interview I was hired. The overall process took less that 3 weeks and was quite simple.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Old Chicago.

I applied online and received a call a day later and we set up an interview for the next day. It was literally 5 minutes long, she wanted me to come in for a second interview, 2 days later. That interview was maybe 10 minutes, and he wanted me to come in for one last interview with the manager a couple days later. He told me that they wanted to schedule an orientation and they would call me later to tell me when. I got a call around dinnertime that they wanted to hire me and orientation would be in a few days!

Interview Questions
    • "We have a motto here: 'Every customer, every time' what do you think this means?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Dining Room Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Old Chicago.

Had to apply online, then I was called in for an interview. The 1st interview was with the bar manager, who asked basic questions about availability, why Old Chicago, and about experience in the restaurant industry. Was told to come back a few days later for an interview with the general manager. The 2nd interview I was asked more in-depth questions about work experiences and how to handle difficult situations or how I've gone above and beyond for a guest. Was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me a specific time when you dealt with a difficult customer or situation and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Dining Room Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Old Chicago.

I was interviewed, hired, and applied for my position as a server in a construction trailer on site. It was chaotic but very friendly. I received a call back within 2 days and then had to have my picture taken when I arrived to fill out my final paperwork. It was an easy process.

Interview Questions
    • Meeting with the GM was a little nerve racking but I survived. To be honest I had just come from a HORRIBLE serving job so this was like a ray of sunshine through the storm.   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Old Chicago in September 2013.

Took a total of 30 mintues for the hole process

Interview Questions
    yes the pay coming in the door with experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

interviewed at Old Chicago in August 2013.

Simple interview, talked about past experiences, prior work history and what I believed I could bring to the company. The guy said he doesn't usually hire anyone in highschool or not in college so that is a warning. It was just a one-on-one interview and we talked about sports and other things to get to know eachother, I got the offer right then and there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Superior, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Superior, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Old Chicago.

There will be multiple interviews, first with a low level manager. This interview is to see if you would make a good fit with the rest of the OC team. The second/third interview will be with a higher level manager. If you've made it to these, they obviously like you. Once they decide to hire you, you will then move on to orientation which is two or three mini-sessions where you learn about the company and it is you that makes the final decision as to whether or not you would like to be employed there.

Interview Questions
    • Questions related to alchohol or craft beers- to test your knowledge.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at Old Chicago in December 2012.

I was an internal hire so I interviewed for the position 9 months before I received an offer. As an internal hire, after your initial interview, you have to complete an internship workbook. The workbook only takes about 6 weeks to complete but it takes months to track down the necessary signatures from upper management.

Interview Questions
    • Not a question... I was most surprised by the 200 question intelligence test I had to take. I was more surprised by how little the importance of the results are in the hiring process.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Take it or leave it mentality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Old Chicago in August 2012.

phone interview> interview with assistant GM> interview with GM

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between a great server and and an amazing server   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Old Chicago in May 2012.

I applied online to Gordon Biersch, however Old Chicago called me instead, which turned out to be a sister company of Old Chicago. I got lucky because I only had one interview and was then later that offered a job and attended orientation that night. From working there I have noticed this is not how it usually is. Usually they interview one to two times with different managers before they offer a position.

Interview Questions
    • How do you tell guests that there order is messed up, do you be honest or blame the kitchen?   Answer Question