Old Country Buffet Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015

1.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Old Country Buffet

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Old Country Buffet in January 2015.

Interview

phone interview, very relaxed. Asked me my daily routine, half way through the interview she decided I was overqualified for the position. Extremely polite interviewer. She said if anything came up with my qualifications she would contact me.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Old Country Buffet (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Calls back a week of two after applying. Single interview that lasts about 15 minutes. They go over past job history, and the position you would potentially be hired for and all the expectations that go along with the job and the pay rate for that job. After the interview you get another call a few hours later about whether or not you got the job. Orientation the following week lasts for a couple of hours and is paid.

Interview Questions

• If something went wrong with a guests meal and they were upset, how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnsville, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Old Country Buffet (Burnsville, MN).

Interview

At job fair at the restaurant I met the District Manager and one of the managers for that branch. Standard questions about goals and experiences. I had applied online and they liked my assessment scores. Was invited back to meet with another manager that week.

Interview Questions

• Questions were basic, though I had applied for a management position and was talked into a trainee position which would have been fine if they had hours to offer me, which they didn't.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't work there. They hired me for a position they had no hours for and stuck me filling salad and some entrees. They eventually cut my hours from 16 to 8, and then to 0 without saying a word.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Forestville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Old Country Buffet (Forestville, MD).

Interview

Well, when you come to your interview on time, you still have to wait an extra 15 minutes for the manager to come out. The interview was really simple, basic questions. I passed the first interview, but didn't pass the second.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Old Country Buffet.

Interview

Sat down and talked with the manager for approximately five minutes. Nothing to difficult, basic questions such as, "Can you stand on your feet for a long period of time without sitting" and "Can you lift up to 20 lbs. with no difficulty"

Baker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Old Country Buffet in September 2012.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next day to come in. I came in and greeted the kitchen manager and we went in the dining room that was cut off from the main room. He asked me typical questions about my availability, school and all that and then he told me that he was gonna bring the restaurant manager in to talk to me. He came in and he asked questions that were more into baking and he had a recipe with him that he wanted me to memorize it and quizzed me on it. After I passed that he told me that he had other people he had to interview and if I got the job he would call later on that day and tell me. He called and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing to remember to do to the cake?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victorville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Old Country Buffet (Victorville, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

I had walked in, got an interview on the spot. Was told to come back in later in the week to complete the second half of my interview with the other manager. Came in at THEIR requested scheduled time and the second manager said they weren't hiring at all because it was slow. They said come back after the first of the year. Came back in same thing, except when I went for the second part of the interview they were too busy and had me come back the following week. Came back and they were busy AGAIN. They scheduled my interview for the following week and when I came in they said the position had been filled. That's 6 times I was told by them to come back in for a scheduled interview. Very unprofessional management. Very glad I didn't get offered a job, although I would have liked to have not been yanked around for over a month while I was trying to schedule school. I could care less that I didn't get the job, not a scorned interviewee, just upset at the process.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had ever been in a verbal or physical fight in high school.   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, IL

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Old Country Buffet (Lansing, IL) in November 2008.

Interview

they pretty much called men in asked questions but not in a it all depends on this type if way , i had two people interview me i signed some papers ..had the job immediately then met my supervisor my first and easiest job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was none minimum wage accepted