Old Country Buffet

Interviews for Top Jobs at Old Country Buffet

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Old Country Buffet.

Calls back a week of two after applying. Single interview that lasts about 15 minutes. They go over past job history, and the position you would potentially be hired for and all the expectations that go along with the job and the pay rate for that job. After the interview you get another call a few hours later about whether or not you got the job. Orientation the following week lasts for a couple of hours and is paid.

Interview Questions
    • If something went wrong with a guests meal and they were upset, how would you handle it?   View Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burnsville, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnsville, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Country Buffet.

At job fair at the restaurant I met the District Manager and one of the managers for that branch. Standard questions about goals and experiences. I had applied online and they liked my assessment scores. Was invited back to meet with another manager that week.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were basic, though I had applied for a management position and was talked into a trainee position which would have been fine if they had hours to offer me, which they didn't.   Answer Question
    Don't work there. They hired me for a position they had no hours for and stuck me filling salad and some entrees. They eventually cut my hours from 16 to 8, and then to 0 without saying a word.

Baker Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Country Buffet in September 2012.

I applied online and got a call the next day to come in. I came in and greeted the kitchen manager and we went in the dining room that was cut off from the main room. He asked me typical questions about my availability, school and all that and then he told me that he was gonna bring the restaurant manager in to talk to me. He came in and he asked questions that were more into baking and he had a recipe with him that he wanted me to memorize it and quizzed me on it. After I passed that he told me that he had other people he had to interview and if I got the job he would call later on that day and tell me. He called and I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most important thing to remember to do to the cake?   View Answer
    none

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Forestville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forestville, MD

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Country Buffet.

Well, when you come to your interview on time, you still have to wait an extra 15 minutes for the manager to come out. The interview was really simple, basic questions. I passed the first interview, but didn't pass the second.

Server Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Old Country Buffet.

Sat down and talked with the manager for approximately five minutes. Nothing to difficult, basic questions such as, "Can you stand on your feet for a long period of time without sitting" and "Can you lift up to 20 lbs. with no difficulty"

Any Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Victorville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victorville, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Old Country Buffet in January 2012.

I had walked in, got an interview on the spot. Was told to come back in later in the week to complete the second half of my interview with the other manager. Came in at THEIR requested scheduled time and the second manager said they weren't hiring at all because it was slow. They said come back after the first of the year. Came back in same thing, except when I went for the second part of the interview they were too busy and had me come back the following week. Came back and they were busy AGAIN. They scheduled my interview for the following week and when I came in they said the position had been filled. That's 6 times I was told by them to come back in for a scheduled interview. Very unprofessional management. Very glad I didn't get offered a job, although I would have liked to have not been yanked around for over a month while I was trying to schedule school. I could care less that I didn't get the job, not a scorned interviewee, just upset at the process.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I had ever been in a verbal or physical fight in high school.   View Answer

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lansing, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Old Country Buffet in November 2008.

they pretty much called men in asked questions but not in a it all depends on this type if way , i had two people interview me i signed some papers ..had the job immediately then met my supervisor my first and easiest job

Interview Questions
    there was none minimum wage accepted

Worked for Old Country Buffet? Contribute to the Community!