Old Dominion University

Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.4

Model UN Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Old Dominion University in November 2014.

I was contacted by email, phone screen, and then a brief 1:1 interview with the director of the Model UN program. I was asked illegal questions about my ethnicity and marriage status in my interview. The director was too lazy to interview me himself so he had students (not student workers- students) interview me who were unprofessional and had no experience conducting interviews/knowledge of EEO/DOL hiring practices.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected questions: What are your family's ethnic roots?   Answer Question

Graphic Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Old Dominion University in September 2014.

Panel interview detailing your experience along with presenting some of your work. Experience and variety of skills is a must. Interviewers were a little late. There were 3 and all seemed laid back and easy to talk to. No questions to out of the ordinary, just have a good amount of experience and a variety of skills.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

The basic selection of shortlisting happens with Gre scores. Transcripts from previous colleges is also important. if you are applying for PhD then it is also good to have your MS in engineering. prospective candidates ahsould also have good research experience. Number of new professors in bioelectrics and electrical engineering have newly joined the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Detailed explanation about my reserach experience during masters   Answer Question

Marketing & Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Old Dominion University.

Applied online. Received an email and phone call from human resources to set up an on campus interview. Interviewed by committee of four people, had to do a project ahead of time to demonstrate skills, whole process took a long time.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about ODU and this department?   Answer Question
    • Present an example of a project you worked on that failed or did not turn out as you expected and what you did about it.   Answer Question
    • Present an example of a project you worked on that was a success and what you did to make it so.   Answer Question
    No negotiation on pay

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Old Dominion University.

The hiring process was quick and easy. For classified (full time) position applicants, I heard it is a little more lengthy and challenging. I worked as a Temp, and then worked for a short time as an hourly (part time) employee. The hourly position hiring process was short and easy as well.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions for this position. I was not even interviewed for the position. I know there is a classified position interview though.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Old Dominion University.

All researchers are hired through the research foundation. Make sure to look at job description , and make your resume reflect what they need. These jobs are only posted on ODU research foundation website . Not to formal of a place for interview, but still look the part and understand the focus of research your aiming for. Helps to talk to other graduate students/faculty regarding the PI you'll work for.

Interview Questions
    • Future plans. Make sure your plans are what is needed in that lab/ research group. Best way is to see the PI's website and look at their research.   Answer Question
    Not much room to negotiate salary because all pay was based on grants ( temporary money), so I focused on paid time off and compensation for travel and overtime .

Research Assistant Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Old Dominion University.

Went in for class advising and was asked if I wanted a job on campus. I was introduced to the manager of the lab and I was told to go to the lab to be tested. I meet the team leader of the lab and was asked about my experience, and then I was assigned a task. I reported back with my completion of the task and then they manager and other lab workers talked about bringing me on board.

Administrative Office Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

At Old Dominion University the process for hiring can take months to a year. There will not be a notification if you are not accepted for the position. That can be frustrating. Most of the positions are filled by a board of people that would be deciding on who would fill the posting.

Interview Questions
    • Be ready to have multiple emails and maybe a phone interverview   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Face to Face Interview and on reference

Professor BOYLE CHRISTOPHER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Old Dominion University in March 2013.

had few set of round of interviews, had a brief introduction about the term goals, planned ahead about the schedule. I like the ambiance and the team which i work its fun to work and learn new stuff.

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage your schedule with the work your given, what if your given a new task and need to do this within a in deadline.How would you manage this situationj?   Answer Question