Old Navy

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cool Springs, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Old Navy in November 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was not too hard. some situational questions. got a phone call and set up a time to come in and interview. Interview was one on one. Very friendly process. I believe they were trying to hire a number of people very quickly because it was the holiday season.

Interview Question – can you tell me about a time when you had to deal with an unhappy customer.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed at Old Navy in October 2012.

Interview Details – I received a call back about a week after applying online. It was suppose to be a group interview but there was only 1 other person. It was not a sit down interview with questions. She gave us a tour of the store, told us about the history and then had us pass shopping bags to customers.

Interview Question – passing out shopping bags.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy in January 2011.

Interview Details – filled out application easy interview

Interview Question – basic questions noting crazy   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Old Navy in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was not the typical interview. A group and I had to act as if we worked at the store.........

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here ?   View Answer

Sandy, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Old Navy in May 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by two of the managers at the same time. I liked this because then you don't have to keep going back over several days or weeks to get interviewed by different people. Both the girls were very friendly and fun, it was the funnest most kicked back interview I've ever been on.

Interview Question – See that stapler right there- pick it up and try to sell it to me.   Answer Question

Wheaton, MD

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Old Navy in April 2008.

Interview Details – I submitted the online application on a friday night they called me in for an interview on Monday for Wednesday morning. The phone call was pretty normal asked why Old Navy and about my availability, if I minded working nights, weekends and late nights. The interview was pretty easy the manager was at the front when I walked in she asked about my education, work experience with customers, money, doing returns and exchanges. The I took a test over the phone altogether it took about one hour. They called me back a week later and offered me part time for 8.50 an hour.

Interview Question – Are you comfortable rejecting a customers return?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Old Navy in January 2010.

Interview Details – I did not like there interview process. First of all it is a group interview. Don't like those. I like one on one interviews were the interviewer and I can have a conversation about me and not getting judged or think I'm copying someone else answers. I like to give my own answers and not have to change mine cause they said the same thing I wanted to say...then. three more people said the same thing too in different words..now you just sound lost and stuck...still getting your answer together and it's your turn..just thinking now..if I have another group interview should I turn around...no next time get earlier than everyone else...maybe I can get a one on one...get a seat closer to the person doing the interview:-)

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Old Navy

Worked for Old Navy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Old Navy Cashier interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Old Navy employees and interview candidates.