Old Navy

Getting the Interview

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy in March 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and after two weeks received a call to go in for an interview. After one interview with the assistant manager, I received a call the next week for a second interview with the manager.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you missed a deadline and what did you do.   Answer Question

Watertown, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Old Navy in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was hired during a seasonal hiring (october-november) and it was a group interview where we were asked questions like "what kind of role do you take in a group" or "tell us about yourselves" and we went around the table answering the questions. It wasn't difficult if you actually thought of an answer and participated. Although I was hired with everyone else, only after management evaluated everyone's performance did they decide who was actually seasonal and who wasn't. It wasn't very straight forward but it was understandable.

Interview Question – I'm not sure. They were all fairly easy interview questions you could find on any "most-asked interview questions" list.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They didn't negotiate. I was told what I'd be making during the training process.

Bellevue, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Old Navy in August 2012.

Interview Details – When I applied, despite my previous customer service experience, they took about 4 months to call me for an interview. Once interviewed, I was hired within a few days. The interview was pretty relaxed and the questions didn't put me too much"on the spot".

Interview Question – I was asked about certain style's, which isn't a problem for me, but might catch some people off guard.   Answer Question

Troy, MI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Old Navy in June 2013.

Interview Details – Got called in for an interview 2 weeks after I applied online. I showed up and I was interviewed with 4 other people. Truthfully, I cannot stand group interviews, simply because whoever spoke up first was out in the clear and the other 4 of us had to scramble to make us stand out. I got called 2 weeks later and was offered the job, but I declined.

Interview Question – Who are our two biggest competitors?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They only offered minimum wage, which wouldn't be worth it with how far the store is from my home.

Interviewed at Old Navy

Interview Details – Group Interview then second

Interview Question – THe most you did for a person   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Based on previous experience.

Mesquite, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Old Navy in July 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call two weeks later for an interview. I suggest uploading a resume with the application.. It makes you look more professional. I got called Sunday and came in for the interview on Tuesday with the assistant manager. It was really easygoing and she asked me alot of "Describe a time when..." questions. She then shadowed me as I walked through the store acting as if I was an employee. I wold suggest that when this happens you just fold clothes and ask customers if they need help, and SMILE alot. She then walked me to the door (she says it's procedure) and invited me back the next day for a second interview. I came in the next day and was asked basically the same questions by the "head" manager. It was in the breakroom and the assistant manager was also there. She then told me how the schedules work and some specifics. I HIGHLY suggest you have questions to ask them at the end, it makes you stand out and seem more serious about the job. The assistant manager told me she would call me Friday (giving her enough time for a background check) and I got the job and get paid 8.00 an hour. I suggest having a great attitude and don't be too scared, the people that work at Old Navy are nice!

Interview Question – What will you bring to our store that we don't already have?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Make sure you want to do this!

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Old Navy in November 2011.

Interview Details – A friend of mine who works there referred me. I applied online, took this Taleo test that asks random and pointless as well as UNREALISTIC questions that can be easily answered through common sense and a week later I got a call from the Assistant Manager scheduling me for an interview the next day.
Went in the store, told them my interview time and the person I needed to see. They told me the AM was interviewing someone and that I should wait and they will call me by name and that I should browse around. The store was NEAT and wasn't busy. Workers are happily socializing and doing their job at the same time. While waiting I folded some clothes just to see how easy it, and it was.And there I saw the Assistant Manager was interviewing someone else before me. It was obviously a Seasonal (temporary) Sales Associate, which I didn't know because my friend specifically referred me and handed them my resume for their review. After the person was interviewed, I went ahead and the interview process started. It wasn't the typical interview you normal would go to where you have to dress so fancy and go to the back. It was an easy ON THE SALES FLOOR interview standing by the side of the entrance. The whole thing lasted for about 15 minutes, starting out with the most commonly used question "tell me about yourself" and ending with "do you have any questions for me". Easy interview. She'd let me know in a week or so if I will get hired. TWO DAYS LATER, I got a call and she offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do on a situation where another fellow employee is being dishonest (theft wise) when you see him/her stealing from the store?   View Answer
  • What do you think will be the next fashion trend in the future?   View Answer
  • Who do you think Old Navy's biggest competitor?   View Answer
  • Tell me a little bit about yourself.   View Answer
  • What is your biggest strengths and weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It's a seasonal job, so negotiation was as easy as "Hey, this is [Assistant Manager] and we would like to offer you a position!" and orientation dates and times comes in, training days and times comes in, and then the schedules and pretty much you're an employee.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call for an interview a few days later. It was a group interview, and the hiring manager was very nice and sweet. The interview was laid back and there wasn't much pressure really. After she asked us a few questions, she said that she had to do some background checks and that we should hear back from her by the end of the week. She called me the next morning and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – One of the managers called me to ask a few basic questions, what was my age group? what times I could work and how long I wanted to work

Interview Question – The manager would ask you to put together an outfit!   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Old Navy in April 2012.

Interview Details – As a group interview , it was very easy to listen and answer questions . Be yourself . Don`t be so uptight , let your personality shine .

Interview Question – How would you deal with a customer in need ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was very open but received $8.50/hr.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Old Navy

Worked for Old Navy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Old Navy Customer Service Associate interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Old Navy employees and interview candidates.