Old Navy Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.1

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

Called in for an interview maybe a week after I applied. The interview process was fairly easy. The manager was nice and the environment was very welcoming. The interview lasted maybe 10 minutes. Was called back in approximately less than a week later to discuss pay. Was hired on spot after negotiation.

Interview Questions

• Very easy. Basic questions. Tell me about yourself. What would you do in this situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiable but u have to be stern and have a number in mind. (Don't get to ahead of yourself though)

Other Interview Reviews for Old Navy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Millbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy (Millbury, MA).

Interview

In order to submit a resume you must go to the Gapinc.com website to careers and submit a resume. Then you have to take a small assessment which is very easy (what kind of pants are these?) After about 2 weeks the resumes have made it from corporate down to the particular store you applied to. If the hiring/store manager approves and they need positions filled then they will give you a call and set up a time for a one-on-one interview. Dress in something casual but do not have any brand names visible on your items of clothing. Make sure everything is neat and you look presentable. You then meet a manager who will take you around the store and discuss the goals of Old Navy and gauge your personality to see if you are a good fit. In my interview the manager made me greet customers and gave me one of the Old Navy shopping bags to see if I could get a customer to use it. I was successful in all fronts; however, if you aren't it doesn't jeopardize your interview too much. It's all about how you react to it; just keep smiling and you're all set. If they liked you enough in that interview then they will call you back and interview you with another manager in the back-room/office. They ask you pretty straightforward questions, much like the ones in the online assessment. Most are common sense and others have to do with your personal sense of style. The rest of the questions deal with how you would act in certain situations: another associate is rude to a customer, another associate is stealing...etc. Depending on how you do they will call you back within a couple of days. You go back along with a couple of other associates and they do all of the training. Overall it is one of the easiest interview experiences.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question, at the time, was when they had asked me, "What would you do if you noticed that an associate is rude when dealing with a customer?".   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate as it was only a part-time position.

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy (Troy, MI) in June 2013.

Interview

Got called in for an interview 2 weeks after I applied online. I showed up and I was interviewed with 4 other people. Truthfully, I cannot stand group interviews, simply because whoever spoke up first was out in the clear and the other 4 of us had to scramble to make us stand out. I got called 2 weeks later and was offered the job, but I declined.

Interview Questions

• Who are our two biggest competitors?   1 Answer

They only offered minimum wage, which wouldn't be worth it with how far the store is from my home.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Interview

Group Interview then second

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Based on previous experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Old Navy (Watertown, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

I was hired during a seasonal hiring (october-november) and it was a group interview where we were asked questions like "what kind of role do you take in a group" or "tell us about yourselves" and we went around the table answering the questions. It wasn't difficult if you actually thought of an answer and participated. Although I was hired with everyone else, only after management evaluated everyone's performance did they decide who was actually seasonal and who wasn't. It wasn't very straight forward but it was understandable.

Interview Questions

• I'm not sure. They were all fairly easy interview questions you could find on any "most-asked interview questions" list.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They didn't negotiate. I was told what I'd be making during the training process.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Old Navy (Bellevue, WA) in August 2012.

Interview

When I applied, despite my previous customer service experience, they took about 4 months to call me for an interview. Once interviewed, I was hired within a few days. The interview was pretty relaxed and the questions didn't put me too much"on the spot".

Interview Questions

• I was asked about certain style's, which isn't a problem for me, but might catch some people off guard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Old Navy (Mesquite, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

I applied online and got a call two weeks later for an interview. I suggest uploading a resume with the application.. It makes you look more professional. I got called Sunday and came in for the interview on Tuesday with the assistant manager. It was really easygoing and she asked me alot of "Describe a time when..." questions. She then shadowed me as I walked through the store acting as if I was an employee. I wold suggest that when this happens you just fold clothes and ask customers if they need help, and SMILE alot. She then walked me to the door (she says it's procedure) and invited me back the next day for a second interview. I came in the next day and was asked basically the same questions by the "head" manager. It was in the breakroom and the assistant manager was also there. She then told me how the schedules work and some specifics. I HIGHLY suggest you have questions to ask them at the end, it makes you stand out and seem more serious about the job. The assistant manager told me she would call me Friday (giving her enough time for a background check) and I got the job and get paid 8.00 an hour. I suggest having a great attitude and don't be too scared, the people that work at Old Navy are nice!

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to our store that we don't already have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Make sure you want to do this!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Old Navy (Seattle, WA) in November 2011.

Interview

A friend of mine who works there referred me. I applied online, took this Taleo test that asks random and pointless as well as UNREALISTIC questions that can be easily answered through common sense and a week later I got a call from the Assistant Manager scheduling me for an interview the next day. Went in the store, told them my interview time and the person I needed to see. They told me the AM was interviewing someone and that I should wait and they will call me by name and that I should browse around. The store was NEAT and wasn't busy. Workers are happily socializing and doing their job at the same time. While waiting I folded some clothes just to see how easy it, and it was.And there I saw the Assistant Manager was interviewing someone else before me. It was obviously a Seasonal (temporary) Sales Associate, which I didn't know because my friend specifically referred me and handed them my resume for their review. After the person was interviewed, I went ahead and the interview process started. It wasn't the typical interview you normal would go to where you have to dress so fancy and go to the back. It was an easy ON THE SALES FLOOR interview standing by the side of the entrance. The whole thing lasted for about 15 minutes, starting out with the most commonly used question "tell me about yourself" and ending with "do you have any questions for me". Easy interview. She'd let me know in a week or so if I will get hired. TWO DAYS LATER, I got a call and she offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do on a situation where another fellow employee is being dishonest (theft wise) when you see him/her stealing from the store?   1 Answer
    • What do you think will be the next fashion trend in the future?   1 Answer
    • Who do you think Old Navy's biggest competitor?   2 Answers
    • Tell me a little bit about yourself.   1 Answer
    • What is your biggest strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It's a seasonal job, so negotiation was as easy as "Hey, this is [Assistant Manager] and we would like to offer you a position!" and orientation dates and times comes in, training days and times comes in, and then the schedules and pretty much you're an employee.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Old Navy (Commerce, GA) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied online, went into the store for casual interview with manager, second interview with store manager, offered position within a few days. That was years ago, though. Now, their interview process has changed. You will do a group interview with other people and you will need to make sure you are going above and beyond what they are doing to get to the next interview.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Old Navy in August 2010.

Interview

The interview process was pretty laid back, it was four women (that was the intimidating part) they just asked situational questions. We went over my resume', they asked about work ethic and what I could bring to the company. The interview was more relaxed than I thought it would be.