Old Navy

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.1

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Old Navy.

Called me in for an interview. There were supposed to be other people but no one else showed up. I waited for a while and someone called me up. After the one on one interview, my interviewer brought me downstairs to do a skills test, but a customer stopped her and she left me there standing and dismissed me to leave without giving me the test and never called me back. Waste of time.

Assistant Store Manager of Merchandising Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy.

Interview with store manager @ store position was located, 2nd interview with another SM @ another store, 3rd interview with market manager. All were easy interviews. When I interviewed with MM it was less formal and we walked around the store while talking and looking at the current merchandising.

Interview Questions
    • The Market Manager had asked what didn't make sense with the merchandising in a particular area of the store.   View Answer
    should've negotiated but didnt

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Old Navy.

Entire hiring process took 2 weeks. Applied got called back a few days later for a group interview. Standard interview questions. Nothing difficult. Was scheduled a second interview for a Thurs.(Very brief interview be ready to sale your outfit) was offered a position and was invited back for orientation for Sun.

Service and Training Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy.

I applied online, received a quick phone interview, then was to a market-wide group interview. At that interview, there were representatives from different stores throughout the market and we were broken up into smaller groups to interview with one person. After our small groups were done, we were free to go. The last interview was with a Store Manager.

Interview Questions
    • General questions about managing a team and increasing production of store credit cards.   Answer Question
    I was asked my expectation of pay, they said they were looking to pay between $18-$20, of course I asked for $20/hr but was offered $19. I found out later that the other manager that was hired at the same time was only give $18/hr.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Old Navy.

It was a group interview, and we're all dressed casual. I remember they made many of us wait around for a while and suddenly we got called in by the manager. They also had us on the floor to see how we worked, and that's where it came awkward because it seemed like rushed training or so.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any difficult question. They mainly asked us all to tell them about ourselves.   Answer Question

Sellebrity Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Old Navy.

This interview was out of the box questions. It is meant to be this way to see how you answer on your feet and if you match up to company standards. (i.e, show personality, relate to the person asking questions, be passionate, etc)

Seasonal Sellebrity Interview

The group interview was very easy. Group of four other people. They asked us to pick outfits and sell it. There was also a phone interview. Very easy because they were desperate for seasonal employees

Seasonal Sellebrity Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Old Navy.

I called to confirm review of my application, hiring manager conducted over the phone interview then asked me to come to a group interview where you basically answer questions, play some games and do some activities, after group interview we were told that we would hear from manager within a few days but i was called within a few hours to set up an interview with the general manager, after that interview i was hired. After the holiday season i was offered a part time position which i accepted.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were particularly difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy.

The interview process was straight foreward. There was an initial phone interview a few days after I completed my application. Phone interview established a face-to-face interview a week later. During the face-to-face interview they asked me several basic interview questions about my background, work experience, and why I was interested in the position. Was called with an offer a day later.

Interview Questions
    • What can you contribute to the customer's Old Navy experience   Answer Question

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy.

I was interviewed by the Assistant Store Manager. It was much like any interview with scenario based questions and how you would handle the situation. She asked me to talk about my work experience and how I thought it would help their store. She also told me about minor issues that I would face if I were to receive the job and we discussed ways to combat the difficulties. We walked around the store and she asked me what I would change about certain shops. What products did not fit the concept, where I would move particular products to help increase sales, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I got was how I would deal with an associate who took issue with me being much younger than them.   Answer Question
    They asked asked what wage I would like to receive and I said $13 (national average is $10 and that is what I expected to be offered). They came back with $12 and I accepted.