Old Navy

Getting the Interview

420 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy in March 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and after two weeks received a call to go in for an interview. After one interview with the assistant manager, I received a call the next week for a second interview with the manager.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you missed a deadline and what did you do.   Answer Question

Sellebrity Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Navy in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online received a call a week after. Was asked a couple of questions then was invitited to come in for an interview. Had to work along with other applicants in acticites

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – One interview where I was offered the job. It was straight forward and simple.

Interview Question – The asked me to sell them the Old Navy credit card.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – Interview was fun and upbeat. Lots of pretty normal things happen, but then there are other things like picking out outfits, and game style questions that made the experience more memorable

Sellebrity Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call two days later to go in to a group interview. It was super fun and basic questions we're asked. I got called the next day for a 2nd interview. I went in and got the job.

Negotiation Details – None

Sellebrity - Logistics Team Interview

Jamaica, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Navy in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a phone call within 2 days. I was asked about 5 questions after being detailed about the job. Questions were to see if I were a match of what they are looking for. I then was invited to a "audition" as they do not have a formal hiring process. The audition took place 2 days after the phone interview. We were asked to bring in an item that we are passionate about. The audition consisted of 6 other people. They're were a few ice-breaker games to show them your communication skills, and group work. The final task was to roll a dice that had an item in the store, you then had to locate it, select another item, and than had to sell it to the interviewers. After the "audition" they inform you that you will receive a phone call within 2 days if they want you to move forward in the hiring process and to come in for a more formal on-on-one interview with the store manager. It were basic questions about prior job experience, your job expectations, and job conflict resolution. Then I was told that they would contact me within 2 days later if there were a job offer.

Interview Question – What have you learned from your previous job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation but depending on location it is more than minimum wage.

Overnight Replenishment Team Interview

Bronx, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Old Navy in March 2014.

Interview Details – it was pretty good, group interview was very outgoing, interactive and everyone felt comfortable around each other, we shared stories, played two games and got a better understanding of the store.second was with the hiring manager, it was very good ask a series of questions pertaining to the overnight position and i had to give a little input on my work history which was a piece of cake.

Interview Question – did i ever have bad customer service, because to be honest it never really got to that point cause i knew what i wanted,just didnt may not have known which section to find it in   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – got the call a few hours after saying that i got the job and i have to be there on Thursday with a few documents to bring in. didn't get the full details on everything yet. but i'm excited

Roseville, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy in May 2010.

Interview Details – I had two interviews. One with the assistant store manager and the other with the store manager. They were both really relaxed and we just joked around in them.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When they offer you a wage, I'd ask for a little more.

Seasonal Sellebrity Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – I filled an application online and I got a call back the next day, which then became a short 10-minute phone interview. Afterward, they asked if I could come in a few days later for an interview in the store and told me to bring something I'm passion about. I was kind of nervous about the interview because it was my first job interview ever, but it was pretty easy.

Interview Question – Gave me 10 minutes to find/put together an outfit that I would wear and try to sell it   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Logistics Associate/Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – The process was very short and sweet, it only took a matter of 10 min. it happened in the front of the store with the general manager, which was rather disturbing cause the customers and all of the staff couse hear us, and it was distracting because the store was chaotic and loud. She basically asked me what experience I had that I could bring to the job, and if I worked on a register before. The real basic questions.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult because we kept getting distracted and cause they store was so busy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We negotiated my pay a little, I could tell that it was going to be less than I was making my previous job.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Old Navy

Worked for Old Navy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Old Navy interview questions and advice. All 420 interview reviews posted anonymously by Old Navy employees and interview candidates.