Old Navy Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.1

Customer Service/Logistics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

There wasn't much of a process. I met with the store manager for approximately 20 minutes. Was asked very basic questions. She was impressed that I wore clothing from the brand to the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

It was supposed to be a "group interview" of two, the other person not showing up. I got to the store and was sent to the manager's office where we were introduced and then led out to the store. I was asked to bring in something I was passionate about and we just discussed that and then asked the act out an employee-customer situation where I would have to help a costumer choose an outfit, simple.

Interview Questions

• Do you know other companies ran by the same as Old Navy?   Answer Question

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Old Navy (Palmdale, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Received a call back in a few days. Group interview with hiring manager. No serious questions were asked. A few hours later received a call saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any super hero who would it be?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

It was a group interview of course. I had two of them, the first one was just a general thing to get us acquainted with Old Navy and how they like to do things. The second one was a bit more hands on with them telling us to give them details about ourselves and approaching customers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They presented an offer and I accepted because I've never had a job before.

Sellebrity Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

Two part interview process. First part is a group interview and it consists of filling out a questionnaire, basic questions about yourself, future outlook, values, passions, and so on. You'll also be required to step out to the sales floor to pick out a $100 or less outfit and explain why you picked it. The manager is pretty much getting a feeling about who you are and if you're a fit for the company. You may or may not be called for the second interview.

Second part consists of a face to face interview with the store manager. The store manager will offer you a job on the spot if he/she thinks that you're a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Basic STAR interview questions will be asked like what is your weakness, your strengths, goals, past work experience, why you want to work for Old Navy, and the like. Knowing a bit about sales and customer service in general goes a long way.

I used Glassdoor to get an idea of what it is like to interview for Old navy and it really helped out.

1 Answer

Logistics Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

Interviewing consisted of two parts - a group interview followed by a one-on-one interview. The group interview was a bit out of the box, as we were asked to bring in a special item that could metaphorically represent us. Overall, both interviews were pretty simple.

Interview Questions

• - Find an article of clothing which demonstrates a trend and describe its benefits as if you are "selling" it to a customer.

- Can you describe a major mistake you made and what you learned from it?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy (Sacramento, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I received a phone call about a week after applying, and a short phone interview was done on the spot. These were standard questions about my availability, my hobbies, why Old Navy, etc. I was asked to come into the store for a second interview the next day, where I spoke with a different person but had the same questions. In the second interview they asked a few more questions about style, what I like to shop for, etc. The final portion of the interview was to pick out an outfit for a designated occasion and explain why I chose it. I received an offer on the spot but turned it down a few days later because of such low hour guarantee.

Interview Questions

• Select an outfit for Sunday Brunch and explain why you chose it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Old Navy (Raleigh, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online & got a call around 2 weeks later for my 1st interview . The 1st interview will be a group ; this way they can see who stands out in a crowd & try to determine your weaknesses & strengths & see if you can "think on your feet". First , she told us about Old Navy and the perks of working there . Then we played a dice game where you pretty much go & find an item on the salesfloor & create an outfit or find a deal or "sell it". Then we talked more about Old Navy . Then we played charades which was totally unexpected but awesome !! I would say I was a tad bit over dressed though . They want you to be you . Stand out , but also be yourself . Kind of wear their clothes & show you have fashion sense . Honestly the best interview I've ever had to date .

Two days later I was called back & offered a job . They skipped the 2nd interview . So I must have stood out & interviewed well .

Interview Questions

• Name a strength that helped you accomplish a goal ?   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you helped a neighbor , friend , or co-worker complete a goal ?   Answer Question

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

the interview process was easy. The manager was easy going and friendly. I felt at ease answering questions, which is hard to do in any job interview. Then I was called and asked to come in for training, which was a series of videos, for which I got paid. I signed papers and filled out tax forms. Then the next shift I was shown around the store and trained in how to keep the store neat while greeting customers and offering help. The next couple of shifts I was trained on cash register.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable I was reporting an employee theft   1 Answer

Sellebrity Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

I applied two weeks before receiving a phone call with a brief phone interview with questions listed below. I was totally unprepared for it/wasn't expecting it. She then invited my to attend a group interview. There were two other people there. She had us gather items around the store and then made us tell her why they carried those items. I feel like this went really well. She said she'd call us back within a couple of days. Still hasn't called.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What makes you awesome? Tell me about a time you had a memorable conversation with a stranger.   Answer Question