Old Navy Interview Questions & Reviews

2.1

Seasonal Sellebrity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Menifee, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menifee, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Old Navy in November 2012.

Applied online about two weeks before receiving an interview. Interview was a group interview with at least 5 other people, and we had to take turns to answer the questions given by the hiring manager. The hiring manager was very friendly, and seem to appreciate humor. The process was fast afterwards, that same day I received a call that I have gotten a seasonal position.

Sellebrity Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy.

I applied to old navy via their website and within 1 week I received a call back and phone interview. the phone interview consisted of questions like "have you ever been on a team?" and "explain how you have helped someone you didn't know before." the questions were very simple but I (being as shy as ever) stuttered a lot and gave pretty terrible answers. However I was still asked to come in for the group interview the following week. The "group" interview was only one other person and I. We were asked to bring in something that inspired us, but the conversation on that was very short. Part of the interview was to talk to customers about their day and tell the hiring manager the facts we learned to show our people skills. (This part is just a little awkward, dont worry most people shopping at old navy are regulars and see stuff like this a lot!) This took about 3 hours and we were paid for that time. No following personal interview happened and I was contacted within 3 days with my new orientation days. (Also no biggie, just how to fold the clothes, organization, backdoor number, etc.)

Interview Questions
    • "what do you think is one thing that could be improved in this store?"   View Answer
    no negotiation, just talk loudly and smile. Everyone at old navy is extremely friendly and easy to talk to.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brown Deer, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brown Deer, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Navy in October 2012.

I applied online. They called me back the next week. I interviewed with an assistant manager and she scheduled a second interview with the store manager. The 2nd one took 10 minutes and I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated for a higher pay and I got it.

Sales Associate Old Navy Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Old Navy.

Group interview. It was fun. We played games which made it a more casual feel and not as stuffy as a regular interview. There were several games that were played but the one that was most fun for me was when we rolled the dice of clothes and had to pick out an outfit around that item of clothing.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really any question that was too difficult.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hempstead, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hempstead, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Old Navy in May 2013.

Interview was easy no hard questions. They basically wanted to know who would we think is there competitor. Please don't say gap. I applied on a Friday and got hired that Monday. There were 2 interviews one with the asst manager and another with the general manager. After that I had to be called for orientation which was the longest. After the orientation I started working

Interview Questions
    • Who do you think our competitor is and why   View Answer
    Just be yourself

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Old Navy in July 2014.

I received a phone call from their HR recruiter in charge of the req. The next day, we had a phone screening, and 3 days later he called to confirm a phone interview with the hiring manager, which took place 1 week from the original phone screening. Approximately 2 days later I received an email asking if I could come in the next day (Friday) or the following Monday for an in-person interview. I had to pay for the gas money to drive 100+ miles for this, they did not offer to reimburse. I spoke with 5 different people during a 2 hour period. I was told I would hear from the original HR recruiter when I left. Its now been 3 weeks since that day and I have not even had so much as a courtesy call to say they have moved on. I emailed the HR rep 2 times, and received no reply.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions, including clarification on your background experience, why you want to work for them, what are your greatest assets and your biggest flaws, etc.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sellebrity Interview

I applied on a Friday and I received a phone call the Sunday after. The call lasted only a few minutes and they asked questions to get to know me better. Then they asked me if I'd be available to come in on Wednesday at 3, and to come with an item I'm passionate about.

The Wednesday meeting was a group interview with 8 other people. We went into the back room and introduced ourselves. Then we played "The Toilet Paper Game". We unrolled the toilet paper as much as we wanted, then afterward we were told we had to tell the group an interesting fact for each square we ripped off. After that we were split into two groups and we had to find 3 things the group had in common. Lastly we showed the group the items we brought and explained how they represented us.

The next day I received a phone call asking for me to come in at my earliest convenience. Once I made my way to the store, they took me into back, told me they liked me and that they wanted me to work for them.

Sellebrity Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Navy.

It's been a long time since my interview but there were two different interviews. They were comfortable and asked normal retail questions. I remember one question was is it okay to turn your back on a customer if they're angry and it's getting heated? and the answer is yes. you can turn and walk away to remove yourself from the situation and get a manager. At a company meeting they talked about changing the interview process and I think they do a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • One thing they do is have you bring an item that is important to you and explain why it has special meaning to you.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Navy.

First half was pretty run-of-the-mill...talking with the store manager in the break room. She asked some interesting questions, and it felt conversational and relaxed, which was nice. She seemed genuinely interested in my background (art) and then came up with questions using that information about myself. My favorite one was something along the lines of "Tell me about a time that you used your creativity to help someone out with a problem they were having."

Second half was building a full outfit you would sell to a customer and then try and "sell it" to the person interviewing you. Tip: build something that can be "versatile" and wearable in any season, but also "mix-and-matchable" if desired. Make it simple and cute, always add an accessory from Bee-line (their jewelry collection) so they know you really looked around.

Interview Questions
    • They were all pretty laid-back, but I recommend coming in prepared to talk about your interests and how those interests play a role in your work ethic...   Answer Question

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

It is a group interview that held early afternoon with a manager. It's called a audition not a interview and there can be up to 8 people in a interview. A few games to test on leadership, ability to follow direction, individuality, integrity and enthusiasm.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked to name 3 words or phases to describe yourself.   View Answer

Worked for Old Navy? Contribute to the Community!