Old Navy Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.1

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

The interview process took two days. The first interview was a group interview where the hiring manager got to know everyone better. Each potential employee brought something that was important to us. During the group interview we also created outfits. The second interview was one on one with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Sellebrity Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

In the interview they call it an "audition" and it was done in a group which did make it fun but it was kind of awkward. Very very interesting. After you are hired they call you back a couple days later to set up orientation for you which is watching a bunch of videos which they ask you questions on later and sunch. It's quite the experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you think your strengths as a sellebrity will be?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

I applied online, and a few days later one of the managers called to set up my interview, which turned into a brief phone interview. I wasn't expecting it at all, even though they were pretty typical questions. The standout question that made me laugh was "what makes you YOU?" because it was so out of the blue. They also asked about previous work experiences, something cool that I was involved in, and they typical why do we want to work at Old Navy? A few days after that I went for an in-person interview, which turned out to be in a group. I thought it was going to be one-on-one so this confused me. We also had to bring an object that "represents us" (I brought in a travel book), as well as get to know the other candidates. We all had to pair up and find something that we had in common, which was nice but also strange. Then we had to run around the store and pick out an outfit that fit the current Old Navy look. The group interview ended with us folding a table. I'm not even joking. Again, a few days later, I came in for a one-on-one with the store manager where he basically just walked me around the store and told me all the information that I already knew. I could ask questions, but at this point I knew I pretty much had the job. A day or two after that I got the official "we want you" call, where they told me my wage and when I could start training. Overall, it was a nice and pretty painless interview process, but it was a little unorganized and the group thing threw me for a few seconds.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Old Navy?   1 Answer

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

It was an open hiring event. There was a new store opening in Pleasant Prairie, WI, and I had a one on interview with a current employee of Old Navy.

Visual Merchandiser Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

I got the call the day before the interview. We did a brief phone interview before she asked me to come in for an in-person interview. I told her the first interview time did not work and she was flexible to switch me to an earlier time that day. She said to wear your favorite outfit and bring a possession you liked of your own. I arrived 15 minutes before my interview that day and was kindly escorted by the manager, who was a bubbly young woman not much older than I was, probably early-mid twenties. She apologized for the messiness of their backroom since it was after a major holiday but I said it was okay and we joked that a messy store was a successful store because of all the business. We sat down in her office and she began the interview process by asking me to tell me about myself. At this point, I was very comfortable and I let myself be myself, telling her my hobbies, what I plan to be in the future, what opportunities I'm seeking in life and my experiences in retail. She called in another associate, one that I'd be working more closely under and we hit it off talking about camping and hiking. I also made remarks about my possession, which I brought and I was very enthusiastic about it. They both said yes!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • What opportunities are you looking for in life?   1 Answer
    • What retail experience do you have?   1 Answer
    • What is your availability?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clovis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Old Navy (Clovis, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Sent in an application on a Friday, Got a call on a Saturday, Got interviewed on Monday. Group style interview, which made the interview process fun and relaxed. Got a job offer about 4 hours after the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Old Navy (Mooresville, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online to Old Navy and received a phone call about a week later asking me to come to a group interview and bring something I'm passionate about. I went, and it was the easiest interview I've ever been to. There was no one on one time and we explained our item and then chose an outfit individually. We were also given a tour of the store. Today (4 days later) I received a call telling me I got the job just after the group interview with no retail experience. It was super easy and informative. When they ask if you have any questions, make sure to ask some.

Sales Associate Old Navy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy (Reading, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied through learn up which was very helpful. Learn up basically did a mini orientation that took about an hour then you applied through gap and I got an immediate interview they said to bring something that represents us or that we are passionate about. It was a group interview with three other people 2 females and one male. One of the workers there said for me to look around and get to know the store better after fifteen minutes the hiring manager came out asking around if we were getting interviewed, she was very energetic and sweet which made everything so much easier. She talked about herself and also asked us to introduce ourselves. I was nervous at first but the everybody was so nice that you forget about it, and also we were in the middle of the store during it which wasnt bad cause they were not busy that day. After she asked us all individually some questions we were put in pairs and asked to look for an outfit for memorial day after ten minutes we had to come back to the manager and explain why we picked the outfits. My partner was very sweet and made me feel better about it. The manager then wrapped up the interview said she was going on a mini vacation and that she was gonna run background checks and call us up if we were hired by next week. I feel like I have a chance because I was interactive and always spoke first when questioned. She also directed many questions towards me. I will update this if if she gets back at me or not. And also this is my first interview ever I was superrrrr nervous but the manager was super outgoing and sweet and it was fun and went better than expected. But I thank glassdoor for preparing me.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to the company? What would you you do if they were busy and a coworker was slacking off?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy (Dublin, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Got a phone call where the manager asked about why I wanted to work at Old Navy and about my availability. This lasted about 5 minutes. We set up a group interview on the next business day where the manager had us talk about ourselves for about a minute each. She told us about the store history, dress code, etc.. Each of us then had to pick out an outfit for a given scenario. The manager mentioned that she liked how I picked out accessories in addition to clothing. She dismissed us and said she would call within the next couple days. Two days later, I got a call saying I got the job. Altogether I answered about 3 different questions; much easier than I expected.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Old Navy?   1 Answer
    • Where do you get inspiration for fashion and where do you like to shop?   Answer Question

Sellebrity Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy in July 2015.

Interview

Group interview with around 6 people! And they had us pick an outfit and sell it to them at one point! It was a very long interview but only because we had to get around to all of the 6 people. We also had to bring a passion item and explain it to the group.