Old Navy

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sellebrity Interview

Sellebrity

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – First interview was on the phone, just asked three questions then was asked to come in for a group interview. Group interview was about 20 people and the whole interview was just the same exact three questions on the phone call. I was called back for the second interview which was a small group of 4 and we had to bring something we are passionate about. We then went out into the store, picked out an outfit and "sold" it to them.

Interview Question – What makes you awesome?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Navy in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online for the seasonal position during the holidays by completing an online application. Within two days, I received a phone call from the hiring department to schedule for an interview. Scheduling for the interview was very flexible, so I picked the day there was no school. On the day of the interview, I rang the door bell and someone came out to led me into their office. I was greeted by an women who was the person interviewing me. She appeared to be welcoming, friendly, and understanding. She asked me questions regarding experience, human relations, and work flexibility. I also had a chance to tell her my preference about what section of the store I liked to work. I informed her of my preference, and she told me a manager from that section would come to greet me. After the interview, I was told to wait on the bench outside her room for the manager from unloading section. Then after like five minutes, this manger came and introduced himself to me. I think his name might be Alan. He did not seem as nice as the interview person. Before going to the unloading section, I was told to leave and check in my backpack at the employee closet. Then he took me to the unloading section on the bottom floor of the store. He introduced me to some people and told me to take out and open boxes of merchandise, unwrap the plastic package, sort out items, and hang them on the clothes rack. I did what he required me to do. The employees there also seemed pretty easy to get along with. I performed the duties as he required to the best of my capabilities. Two hours later, he came back and told me to follow him to retrieve my belongings. He told me that was very focused on the job and someone would call me in the next three days if I got hired. Before I could leave the store, I had to let them look into my backpack.

In the next few days, I waited for them to contact me to tell me that I was hired. I was pretty confident that I would get hired because I thought I did well in the interview and they assigned me work for two hours. Unfortunately, I did not get a call from them and did not get hired. That two hours in the unloading section seemed to be a work performance evaluation.. Although there appeared to be other reasons, I could only presume that they thought my work performance on that day did not meet their expectations. In my opinion, I think I should at least have got compensated for that two hours of labor.

Interview Question – All are typical questions at a job interview with similar position. But I have some challenge answering this question: how would you react if a co-worker is complaining about their job?   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Old Navy in August 2010.

Interview Details – First of all, they changed the hiring process. You are now required to go to an "audition." The great thing about this is that you are not asked hard questions. The questions are all about you, and you only. They like to see how you can get along with other people in the audition. So if you are not a people person, or are shy, you probably will not get the job unless your availability is what they are looking for.

Interview Question – When they call you to come to the audition, they ask what makes you awesome. This may come as a surprise, but it is a general question about yourself, so don't google the answer that you can find on yahoo answers. Think of something creative.   Answer Question

Operation Manager Interview

Operation Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – Always wear old navy clothes for the interview. Jeans or khakis are appropriate with a nice blouse or polo shirt for the men. They will call you for interviews do not call them. The interviews are a bit unorthodox with games and picking out clothing. There is a phone interview, then an audition, then a final interview with the Store Manager.

Interview Question – Pretty common sense   Answer Question

Interviewed at Old Navy

Interview Details – Interview with Assistant Manager than Store manager calls you back. Simple questions. Why do you want to work here, do you shop at old navy, etc etc. Very easy interview

Sellebrity Interview

Sellebrity

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – Went through the online application. Got a call within a week that consisted of a brief phone interview. After the questions I was offered to come in for an audition. The audition was made up of 4 people including myself. First we were given a tour of the store, and were asked questions on our knowledge on Old Navy. Be prepared to know what they are most known for (flip flops, American flag shirts, etc.), what year they were established (1994), and where their headquarters are located (San Francisco, CA). We played a few games, made up an outfit concerning a scenario (role play), and after selling the outfit we had to sell the Old Navy Card. We were given a sheet containing details on the card beforehand and had time to look over it. After that, we interviewed a current Sellebrity about her job and Old Navy. Finally, the audition was over and I was called back the same day to schedule a second interview a week later. Second interview was relaxed and easy with some questions concerning past experiences.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you had a large amount of tasks to complete and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
  • When was a time that you exceeded something with greatness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, everything was printed out on a sheet of paper already before the interview.

Orange Park, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Old Navy in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online for the job at indeed.com. I have no experience whatsoever in retail or anything but I still applied. This is the best site to look for jobs. And they posted their job a day ago so I applied for it and the next day they called me. When they call you they do like a little 2 minute phone interview "Tell me a little about yourself" "Why do you want this job" and then they tell you your interview date and the stuff to bring. I think it also helped that I was 18. Their interviews were group interviews it was a lot of fun, and carefree hard to be nervous. First they ask you questions around the circle (you get the same questions) they weren't that hard, some were fun even, then you do activities i.e. picking out clothes for certain people they split you up in groups. I wore a nice white blouse with black pants. No Jeans!! Just dress nicely not too casually. And a day or two later they will call you if you got the job and if not, they will email you. I was excited to know I got the job:).

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Make sure you look them in they eye, and don't be afraid to ask questions if you're not sure about something. They will tell you that. And just have fun. And try to speak so they can hear you otherwise they will think you will be too shy to encounter customers.

Old Navy Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – First I received a call from the stores assist store manager telling me to come into the store for an interview the following week. My first interview was held in the stock room office in the back of the store, and was with the stores hiring manager. Once the interview was completed, I then was told that I would interview with the store manager next at the end of the week and that it would be my final interview. I met the store manager at weeks end and it was about a 30 min interview asking me about myself and my morals and such, and after that I was offered the job.

Interview Question – Who do you believe our biggest competitors are?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – Only 1 interview with store manager during holiday season. Not a detailed interview, as during the holidays they want as many people working in the store as they can get hired.

Interview Question – How do you think you can make Old Navy better?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase.

Sellebrity Associate Interview

Sellebrity Associate
Little Rock, AR

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Old Navy in July 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out an online application and called two days after to do a follow up. The hiring manager took my name and said they would be looking at all applications in two week so to expect a call then. A month later they called back, had a VERY BREIF ( only one question "why old navy?") phone interview that ended with the manager scheduling a group interview the next day. At the interview we brought items that represented ourselves and did a little show and tell answered basic questions and had to sell a given item to the manager. It was pretty laid back but I'd advice anyone to just try your best not to be nervous and let your personality show. I was called the next day for a second interview with the general manager and the interview with him the next day was also a group interview. It seemed much more laid back than the first and more fun. This interview didn't really involve more of conversation type questions and style and the key objective here was to definitely let you outgoing and fun personality show while seeming put together and professional at the same time. Both interviews lasted 2 hours. The second interview was on the 9th and I was offered the job on the 13th

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a great shopping/customer service experience   Answer Question

Worked for Old Navy? Contribute to the Community!