Old Navy Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Old Navy (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview briefly describing yourself, mentioning your availability, etc. In store group interview in which you choose an outfit pertaining to a given scenario with the Service and Training Manager leading it. This is usually the person who you had the initial 1:1 phone interview with. Final interview with Store Manager. Usually 1:1. Usually covers availability, questions such as what makes you so special to work here over all the other candidates? Stuff like that. But usually, if you've made it this far, it's very likely you will be getting hired after this interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle the customer?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

Apply online, get a call from a store manager relatively soon, especially if close to the busy seasons. Meet with a hiring manager for one single interview after they review your applications. Decent candidates are often hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage having multiple tasks to do at the same time?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

ON is trying to take a new approach to the interview process or now known as "auditions". Just have fun and say you want to work long term and they'll love you.

Anonymous Employee in Wareham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Old Navy (Wareham, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online. A day later I was called on my cell phone asking to come in for an interview. When I got there I was nervous but when I saw the group the tension was lifted. Basically the interview was very laid back. Basically volunteer and participate. It shows that you can be social and interactive with customers.

Interview Questions

• What fashion trends do you expect to see this upcoming season?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Old Navy (Naperville, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Very informal and relaxed. It was a grout Interview, manager was very friendly and nice. Manager told us about herself and then had us introduce ourselves and talk to each other and find things we had in common and then tell her about them. Overall an amazing interview experience.

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Old Navy (Killeen, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview starts off with an "audition" which is basically a group of people who chill out, have show and tell kind of stuff and ask questions about the job. During this we played charades and shared some items we brought and stuff about our selves. After you go home and within that day if they like you they call you back and you have another one on one interview the same day. For me this interview was extremely chill. He didn't ask any interview questions he just asked my availability and school etc. this is basically a follow up they know they wanna hire you from the group session but this is basically a one on one follow up. I was offered the job at the one on one interview and I took it!

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for us?   1 Answer

Sellebrity Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy in August 2015.

Interview

Applied through Learn Up. They take you through Old Navy's training and what it's like to give you a little taste. I set up an interview. It was a group interview with two other people. I got a tour of the store and we got to go on the floor and pick outfits. It went really well. I sent a thank-you note a day after the interview. I followed up after a week because I didn't hear back and they said they were waiting for my background check to go through and I would get a call for a final interview. I got called back for a second interview to meet with the head HR and she told me she heard my name a lot and it was great things. She said I did very well on the first interview and loved what she heard. I got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just be yourself and have a good availability if possible they love that.

Sales Selebrity Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Old Navy (Columbia, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

Great group interview experience. This was a first for me but I think it really helped to ease the tension in the room for everyone involved. We also had to select an "on trend" item from the sales floor and talk about it.

Interview Questions

• Bring something you're passionate about.   1 Answer

Sellebrity Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

In the interview they call it an "audition" and it was done in a group which did make it fun but it was kind of awkward. Very very interesting. After you are hired they call you back a couple days later to set up orientation for you which is watching a bunch of videos which they ask you questions on later and sunch. It's quite the experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you think your strengths as a sellebrity will be?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

The interview process took two days. The first interview was a group interview where the hiring manager got to know everyone better. Each potential employee brought something that was important to us. During the group interview we also created outfits. The second interview was one on one with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question