Old Navy

2.1

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy.

I was interviewed by the Assistant Store Manager. It was much like any interview with scenario based questions and how you would handle the situation. She asked me to talk about my work experience and how I thought it would help their store. She also told me about minor issues that I would face if I were to receive the job and we discussed ways to combat the difficulties. We walked around the store and she asked me what I would change about certain shops. What products did not fit the concept, where I would move particular products to help increase sales, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I got was how I would deal with an associate who took issue with me being much younger than them.   Answer Question
    They asked asked what wage I would like to receive and I said $13 (national average is $10 and that is what I expected to be offered). They came back with $12 and I accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

Easy interview. Be competent and know customer service. The interview consisted of your typical questions, why you wild want to work there. I went for a cash handler. They want to know some basic competency to see if you are capable of dealing with large amounts of cash.

Interview Questions
    Be friendly and knowledgable about the company

Seasonal Sellebrity Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Old Navy.

I was called and had a mini interview on the phone where they asked about availability and what makes me awesome. It was awkward because I wasn't expecting to be interviewed over the phone. They scheduled a next "audition" which was a group interview with 5 other people and was asked to bring an item that represents me and explain it. We had a tour of the store and had to share our items, do an activity where we had 2 minutes to find 3 things we all had in common, and another activity where we picked an item from the sales floor that was our favorite trend and describe to the group why we chose it. It was a fun and interesting interview! We were all asked to come back for a final interview later that day with the general manager. The final interview was easy, they basically confirmed my availability and asked a few interviewquestions.

Sellebrity Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Old Navy.

I applied online and was called the next day. They do a quick phone screening—"Why did you apply to Old Navy? What makes you awesome?"—that you should be able to pass if you're not a zombie. I was invited in for a group interview the next day, although was not told it'd be with a group (I knew from reading these reviews). At the group interview, we were asked to talk about ourselves a bit and played a few games like making up a story out of pictures on a pair of dice (this was weird) and creating an outfit. Then we had 1-on-1's with the store manager. Everyone was very nice and friendly.

Got another offer—Old Navy is only paying $9/hr

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Old Navy.

Called in for an interview maybe a week after I applied. The interview process was fairly easy. The manager was nice and the environment was very welcoming. The interview lasted maybe 10 minutes. Was called back in approximately less than a week later to discuss pay. Was hired on spot after negotiation.

Interview Questions
    • Very easy. Basic questions. Tell me about yourself. What would you do in this situation?   Answer Question
    Negotiable but u have to be stern and have a number in mind. (Don't get to ahead of yourself though)

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Old Navy.

I arrived 15 minutes early. During this time, I had conversations with employees working the fitting room. They gave me some advice for the actual interview and were very friendly. The interview lasted about an hour. In the interview we introduced ourselves and said three interesting facts about ourselves. We were then asked to play a ice breaker game and find three things that we all had in common. Then we were shown each section of the store. Our task was to create an outfit and a story that goes along with the outfit. We were also asked to "sell" the outfit. Afterwards, we were then asked to put the items away and asked our availability. The interview was a group interview and we were all hired at the end.

No negotiations

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy.

Went to an group interview where there were 6 of us , we talk about ourself & then the manager sent us to the floor to get a piece of clothing and try to sell it to the group . 2 days later got called for an one to one interview with another manager asked me a few questions and then told me I was hired how much i was going to get paid & the dress code & told me they calling me back when they do a background check on me which it takes about a week .

Interview Questions
    • How i work in a group situation ?
      What nakes me awesome?
      My availability ?
      Why Im a good candidate for old navy ?

Answer Question

Seasonal Sellebrity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harker Heights, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harker Heights, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Old Navy in November 2014.

I arrived 15 minutes early, I met someone else who was interviewing for the position. The interview process was a group interview. They had us pair up and put together a outfit. My partner and I chose one for my daughter. They then had us "sell" the outfit and explain it. I am still waiting for a call as to whether or not I got the job

Interview Questions
    • what is something you are passionate about?   View Answer

Sellebrity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Old Navy in November 2014.

I started by applying online and a day later I got a phone call. On the phone call I was asked a few questions like why Old Navy, if I've ever worked with someone with a different personality than me, and my availability. I was then asked to come in the next day for an addition. For the audition they said to dress to impress and bring in an item that represents you. At the audition there were two other people. Four people were "judging" us, they started by telling us about themselves, then we shared our item and explained how it represents us. They also asked us any facts we knew about Old Navy. Then we were told to going to the store and look for an outfit for a family photo. We had 15 minutes and when we came back we had to explain why we chose what we did. After that we went into her room one online with the private manager and she asked us some more questions like availability again, what customer service means to me, why I think I would be a good fit at Old Navy and things like that. I then left Old Navy and the next day they called me back saying I got the job. It was a very fun casual interview.

Interview Questions
    • What does good customer service mean to you?   View Answer

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brunswick, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brunswick, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Old Navy in November 2014.

The interview was very different from any I have experienced before. I first received a phone interview and after that was over I was scheduled for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was called an "audition" and instead of answering questions in an office, where it was more one-on-one, I was out on the sales floor the entire time. When I was on the sales floor during my interview, I was asked to go pick my favorite article off the floor and bring it back and explain why it is my favorite. After that, I was told to go find a customer on the floor and ask if they needed any help. Then the interview was over. A very easy interview, but did not seem to focus on my actual knowledge of anything. During the interview, I was not told if I would be a seasonal hire, part-time hire or what my pay would be. I was only set up to come back for orientation. During orientation I filled out basic paperwork in the break room.

Interview Questions
    • The entire interview was unexpected as I was never once asked any questions, I only went around the sales floor doing different tasks.   Answer Question
    I was given an offer for a position, but all that I was told is the pay would be "a little more than minimum wage". I attempted to negotiate during my orientation, but they told me that their offer was nonnegotiable. Advice to others is to make sure that when an offer is made during the interview portion, make sure you know the exact dollar amount and try to negotiate the offer then instead of during paperwork.