Old Navy Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2015

2.1

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

The interview process took two days. The first interview was a group interview where the hiring manager got to know everyone better. Each potential employee brought something that was important to us. During the group interview we also created outfits. The second interview was one on one with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

I applied online, and a few days later one of the managers called to set up my interview, which turned into a brief phone interview. I wasn't expecting it at all, even though they were pretty typical questions. The standout question that made me laugh was "what makes you YOU?" because it was so out of the blue. They also asked about previous work experiences, something cool that I was involved in, and they typical why do we want to work at Old Navy?

A few days after that I went for an in-person interview, which turned out to be in a group. I thought it was going to be one-on-one so this confused me. We also had to bring an object that "represents us" (I brought in a travel book), as well as get to know the other candidates. We all had to pair up and find something that we had in common, which was nice but also strange. Then we had to run around the store and pick out an outfit that fit the current Old Navy look. The group interview ended with us folding a table. I'm not even joking.

Again, a few days later, I came in for a one-on-one with the store manager where he basically just walked me around the store and told me all the information that I already knew. I could ask questions, but at this point I knew I pretty much had the job. A day or two after that I got the official "we want you" call, where they told me my wage and when I could start training.

Overall, it was a nice and pretty painless interview process, but it was a little unorganized and the group thing threw me for a few seconds.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Old Navy?   1 Answer

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

Interview process was very simple. Talked with the manager on what qualities I would bring to the company, why I should be picked for the job, and how would I like to grow in my position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Old Navy (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

This was the easiest interview I've ever had! I applied on Thursday night, was called in Friday to set up an interview for Monday, and was hired on Tuesday. The phone call had more questions than the actual interview. One thing I wasn't expecting them to ask was "what makes you awesome?" It's not a normal thing to be asked in an interview so I was caught off-guard. They use a group "audition" as the interview, I was asked to bring an item with me that related to something I'm passionate about. At the interview, we talked about the item each person brought and then we had to go out onto the sales floor and find an outfit that fit our style and try to sell it to the manager.

Interview Questions

• What makes you awesome?
      Why do you want to work at Old Navy?

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Old Navy (Fayetteville, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

i applied online and a week later got a call on a Tuesday to come in for a interview. Went in walked around then interviewed with the manager. It was a group interview. It was one of the funnest interviews I ever had.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I went through a two-stage interview process. I was first contacted by a talent recruiter within the company through email and then had about a half hour interview over the phone. I was told they had already seen my work, and thought I may be a fit for their future job opening. I was then asked to come into the corporate office to speak with a couple of people I may be working with. The atmosphere was casual, and the two department representatives that interviewed me were dressed very casually as well. I was a little taken back as there was very little to no structure of the interview and the job description was very open and vague as to what the day-to-day functions and reality of the role would really be. Their responses my questions were generic as well. Overall, the interview experience was not what I was expecting.

Interview Questions

• What are your interests in graphic design, and why do you want to work for Old Navy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Old Navy (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Good interview. Comfortable Atmosphere. Almost didn't "feel" like the traditional interview. Great learning about the hiring manager's career aspirations within old navy. It was a group interview, the hiring manager asked questions and a group of 10-15 people either waited in a row answering or volunteered the answer. It was the type of interview that was really easy to sit back & not answer any questions so in order to be noticed, one would have to speak up.

Interview Questions

• What is your personal style?
      What is your favorite fashion accessory?
      Tell me about yourself
      What are some positive/negative qualities about you?
      What do you know about old navy?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Old Navy (Clarksville, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied in the middle of May online( they don't take paper applications). I called multiple times and got the run around. A month later, I resubmitted my application because it had expired, and got a call that same day. The manager did a phone interview, and then told me to come in for a group interview.
    I went in a couple days later for the interview. I was told to bring an item that reflected something I'm passionate about to discuss.
    The manager was really nice and outgoing. She encouraged us to talk to each other and get to know each other. The competition was hard because there was 5 other people at the interview. So make sure you are nice and loud and they notice you.
    We played two games. One game was where we did facts about ourselves, the other game was we had to go out onto the floor and pick out an outfit. Once we got our outfit, we had to bring it back and explain the outfit to the manager. We also had to say what we would add to it (hat, scarf, jewelry).
    The interview was about an hour long, and was a good experience. The manager said she would call us later that week( it was Thursday). Saturday the manager called and offered me a job, I accepted. I start my job next Friday.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Make sure you make an impression, but don't force your way into other people's conversations with the manager. I made sure I was the last to leave so the manager remembered me the most.

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Old Navy (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was very relaxing and nice. Most people are trying to impress of course the hiring manager it was a good experience. But we didn't have any individual and only did a group interview which is very disappointing because I was expecting more to be 1+1 and we just ended up picking the clothes for a date and tried my best, and I didn't get the job. Overall, it was a good experience for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hazelwood, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Old Navy (Hazelwood, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. There was about seven of us total, we started off by introducing ourselves and then we did an activity. After that the manager brought in a sellebrity that was working there and she answered all of the questions that we had. When the manager came back she told five of us that she needed more information and the other two were dismissed. Then the five of us were taken to the back of the store and we were individually interviewed. Overall it was a really fun experience,. The people made me feel very comfortable and it seems like a fun place to work. After I did my interview she told me that she wanted to offer me the job on the spot. It overall it was a really fun experience,. The people made me feel very comfortable and it seem like a fun place to work. After I did my interview she told me that she would call me for orientation in about a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work experience.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult time in your previous work experiences.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • What is something that you want to learn how to do here?   Answer Question