Old Navy Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.1

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Old Navy in May 2010.

-Applied within a few years ago. Was asked to fill out an application online and was then called by the Service and Training Manager to come in to the store for an interview. Nothing was really specific, so I wore clothes sold at Old Navy and was prepared with a resume. Upon arrival I waited for the manager and was then taken to a casual spot in the store and asked questions. Typical interview questions, some specific to retail. I was then asked to put together an outfit, to show I had fashion sense. After this interview I was initially hired. It was an easy process.

Interview Questions
    • -What would you do if you saw a customer stealing? (I had no job experience at the time so I was not sure!)   Answer Question

Sales Associate AKA Sellebrity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Old Navy in August 2013.

About 2 weeks after I applied online, I received a phone call from one of the managers. The manager conducted a small interview via phone (it has been a while and I can't recall the questions). Then she asked me to go in for a face-to-face interview.

I went in for my face-to-face interview, which was one-on-one. When I went into the store, I didn't know where exactly I need to go for my interview so I asked one of the sales associate I saw and he politely asked me to browse around the store as the manager was not ready yet. As I browsed the store, I met another sales associate who had such a cheerful attitude. Everyone in the store was so friendly and I knew then that I want the job very bad. The former sales associate who asked me to wait remembered how I looked like and he came to escort me to the office when the manager was ready. I was asked a lot of questions regarding who I am and a lot of behavioral questions. Then after a few days, I got a phone call and they invited me to go in for the last interview, which was a group interview.

For the group interview, we had the hiring manager and another sales associate observe us (there were 5 candidates in the group interview, including myself). I believe the purpose of this interview was for them to see how we behave in a group setting (to see if we can work well as a team or not etc.). They gave us some group activities, as well as individual activities to complete. For one of the activities, we had to grab a piece of paper from a hat that contains an event. Then we had to go out and find a full outfit that matches the event we got and explain to everyone why we think the outfit is a good fit for the event.

After about a week or two, I got a phone call from the hiring manager that I was offered the position and I accepted!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you resolved a difficult conflict.   Answer Question
    No negotiation available.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Old Navy.

I applied and a week later got a call back. I had two interviews one with the store manager and the other with another manager. Interview was easy they asked typical retail interview questions. Such as how would you put an outfit together and how would you sell old navy cards.

I didn't negotiate since I had no retail experience

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy in August 2014.

I filled out the application online and the next day they called me in for an interview! That girl I interviewed with was very nice and perky so she was super easy going to talk to. I was told I would receive a call within a week to know if I got the job or not. I was warned I would probably get a second interview because she wasn't the manager for the new location and I was completely fine with that! A week passed and no call received. So I called them and talked to the actual manager for the new location come to find out I was never in their record or system! He took my number and said they'd get to me within 24 hours and it's been way more than 24 hours and no call. So I called again and left a message saying I was still interested in the position and wanted a follow up. Very unprofessional.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Old Navy in October 2013.

One single interview. When I showed up there were about 4 other people in the building with me as well. It turned out we were all doing a group interview. The HR was very friendly and made the interview a lot more fun than any place I had ever interviewed before to be honest. Questions were creative and did not put the pressure on you to try and brag about yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Asking what sort of superhero I would be. Not difficult but was certainly unexpected.   Answer Question

Old Navy Sales Associate AKA Sellebrity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Schererville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schererville, IN

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Navy in May 2013.

Filled Out An Application. Heard Back From Hiring Manger Within A Week For A Phone Interview. After The Phone Interview In The SAME Call Was Scheduled To Come In For An Interview Or "Audition" As They Called It. Group Audition Was With 6 Other People (Not Including Myself) Also, Out Of The 7 Of Us They Hired 6 (Myself Included).

Seasonal Sellebrity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cedar Hill, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Hill, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy in October 2013.

I saw that they were hiring in September for seasonal sales associate positions so I came in and filled out a paper application. I was due to graduate the next May and just needed a job that would compliment my full time school schedule. They called me in for a group interview (mostly teenagers) and told us what the position required and had us start folding clothes, which I assume was just to see if we were able to handle such a simple task. After about 90 minutes of this (I worked in two sections), they started sending some people home and bringing some to the back. I was invited back and was told what the pay was and for how long they needed the position filled. Everything was pretty straight forward and easy.

Loss Prevention, Associate/Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Old Navy in August 2014.

Started with an initial interview and then went into an one-on-one interview with the LP district manager alongside with the store manager sitting in. They asked basic questions that pertained to previous esperience.

Sellebrity Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Old Navy in August 2014.

Initial application entered online in July. Received a call August 23 about application. Prescreening done over the phone. Asked questions like "what makes you awesome? Tell me about a time you learned something new recently." Was invited to the group interview the next night. 7 total applicants in the group interview. Played a few team building exercises, met a few staff, and talked about Gap, INC. Received a call 3 days later (after the background check) with an offer. GM was complimentary on what I brought to the table (previous management and LP experience)

Interview Questions
    He offered the position with amount per hour. I accepted without hesitation due to the amount being much over minimum wage.

Assistant Store Manager of Merchandising Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Old Navy in August 2014.

Easy going interview. Very conversational rather than a formal interview. Some basic questions such as why Old Navy, why should I hire you, tell me about yourself. The interview was very enthusiastic about the company and the future of the company. Be excited about Old Navy and the interview will go well!

Interview Questions
    During the interview, I was asked about my salary requirements. The interviewer gave me a very generous number. No negotiation necessary.

Worked for Old Navy? Contribute to the Community!