Old Navy

Updated Feb 20, 2015
Updated Feb 20, 2015

2.1

Store Planning Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Old Navy.

Applied in Aug 2014. Received a call back 2 months later from the recruiter. Spoke with the hiring manager and brought in on-site. The recruiter was pushy considering the time-lapse between the application and first communication. The in-person interview was okay. The hiring manager was clearly distracted and uninterested in being in the interview. The recruiter never got back to me.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Old Navy.

There was a paper that called for a job fair while I was working one day, so I went to their hiring event. There were a bunch of people, and one by one we got called back to speak with one of their managers. I was then asked to wait till everyone was done, and had a second interview with their store manager that same day. After that, I was called within a week and offered the position. Training started the next week!

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a lot about fashion and client experience. Even though Old Navy use to be focused more on school uniforms, they are very passionate about fashion and trends now and trying to break into that sector of the industry.   View Answer
    This was my first job in retail so they offered me an hourly wage and I accepted.

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy in February 2015.

Applied online. Received a phone call within a week. Interviewed with the hiring manager first. Second interview was with a store manager. I go for my third interview tomorrow with another store manager so hopefully I get the job. Both interviews so far were pretty easy and basic.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Old Navy?
      What previous experience do you have?
      What current trends do you like?

Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager of Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, RI
    Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, RI

I applied online – interviewed at Old Navy.

So far one interview with second interview pending, very basic interview questions, did ask how much I know about the company and also why old navy as a choice for an assistant manager position.

Interview Questions
    • What is your least favorite part of you current management position.   View Answer

Seasonal Sellebrity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Called me after one day to come in. Was about 10 other people going in for interview so it was a group interview. Everyone was hired on spot except two girls. Pay is pretty bad though but good for experience.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite thing to buy in our store?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Assistant Store Manager of Merchandising Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy.

Interview with store manager @ store position was located, 2nd interview with another SM @ another store, 3rd interview with market manager. All were easy interviews. When I interviewed with MM it was less formal and we walked around the store while talking and looking at the current merchandising.

Interview Questions
    • The Market Manager had asked what didn't make sense with the merchandising in a particular area of the store.   View Answer
    should've negotiated but didnt

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Old Navy.

Called me in for an interview. There were supposed to be other people but no one else showed up. I waited for a while and someone called me up. After the one on one interview, my interviewer brought me downstairs to do a skills test, but a customer stopped her and she left me there standing and dismissed me to leave without giving me the test and never called me back. Waste of time.

Service and Training Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy.

I applied online, received a quick phone interview, then was to a market-wide group interview. At that interview, there were representatives from different stores throughout the market and we were broken up into smaller groups to interview with one person. After our small groups were done, we were free to go. The last interview was with a Store Manager.

Interview Questions
    • General questions about managing a team and increasing production of store credit cards.   Answer Question
    I was asked my expectation of pay, they said they were looking to pay between $18-$20, of course I asked for $20/hr but was offered $19. I found out later that the other manager that was hired at the same time was only give $18/hr.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Old Navy.

Entire hiring process took 2 weeks. Applied got called back a few days later for a group interview. Standard interview questions. Nothing difficult. Was scheduled a second interview for a Thurs.(Very brief interview be ready to sale your outfit) was offered a position and was invited back for orientation for Sun.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Old Navy.

It was a group interview, and we're all dressed casual. I remember they made many of us wait around for a while and suddenly we got called in by the manager. They also had us on the floor to see how we worked, and that's where it came awkward because it seemed like rushed training or so.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any difficult question. They mainly asked us all to tell them about ourselves.   Answer Question