Old Navy

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.1

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Old Navy in January 2010.

I did not like there interview process. First of all it is a group interview. Don't like those. I like one on one interviews were the interviewer and I can have a conversation about me and not getting judged or think I'm copying someone else answers. I like to give my own answers and not have to change mine cause they said the same thing I wanted to say...then. three more people said the same thing too in different words..now you just sound lost and stuck...still getting your answer together and it's your turn..just thinking now..if I have another group interview should I turn around...no next time get earlier than everyone else...maybe I can get a one on one...get a seat closer to the person doing the interview:-)

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

interviewed at Old Navy in October 2012.

I received a call back about a week after applying online. It was suppose to be a group interview but there was only 1 other person. It was not a sit down interview with questions. She gave us a tour of the store, told us about the history and then had us pass shopping bags to customers.

Service & Training Manager Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Old Navy in June 2013.

I went to a college fair and met a store manager who encouraged me to apply..... so I did. I got a call 2 weeks later to sched. a pre screen which went well......... then a month went by without hearing anything until I had an interview with the DM.

Interview with another store manager was hard due to the fact that she kept role playing different situations trying to see how I handle it.

I was unassigned until I was placed in a store.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do... if an associate is spreading rumors... or if an associate production is going down.   Answer Question
    They were trying to low ball me.... with offering 15/hour. I just graduated and for that pay it wasnt worth it... I renegotiated for $16.50/hour

Old Navy Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Old Navy in August 2013.

if you dont know someone within the company you have little luck to getting employment. seasonal hires are easy because they work you to death and you dont receive holiday pay or benefits.

Interview Questions
    negotiate pay because of my degree status

IM Ready Program - Inventory Analyst/Allocator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Old Navy.

I was internally referred and heard back from a recruiter after 2 weeks. The initial HR phone interview was straight forward: talked about my education, explained my resume, experience using data, how have I used Excel. At the end of the phone call I was scheduled for an assessment day interview.

The assessment day was 4.5 hours long. I had three 1:1 interviews and 1 panel interview with two other candidates. There was a case question on inventory that I had to work through with a group while the interviewers observed and asked questions. Overall the experience was intense but positive. The staff was friendly, helpful, and organized.

I wasn't offered the position since there were many candidates with extensive retail backgrounds.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too surprising, questions were from the top 50 interview questions. Make sure you know the company's history, product lines, fashion trends, be familiar with retail math (you will get a calculator but you cannot reference formulas).   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harriman, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harriman, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Old Navy in March 2010.

Old Navy wants people who are very energetic and driven. They get very personal with you. They want to know who you are outside of work as well. They want to know if you are flexible with hours and have the drive to make results happen.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Old Navy in June 2010.

- need to be "bubbly" in order to work there
    - skills that you have that can help you in this workplace
    - how can you contribute positively?
    - one on one, in store interview
    - not as professional as I expected

Interview Questions
    • - are you willing to clean toilets at the end of the day for the store?   Answer Question

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Old Navy in January 2014.

Did not make it through the 1st round of the interview process. Phone Interview. Ask you why you want to work at old navy? What will you bring to the team?

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrow, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrow, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Old Navy in June 2013.

I applied there months and months ago, and out of the blue sky they had called. I went there early, waited for about 15 minutes, and was told unexpectedly that it was going to be a group interview, which I hate. I was told since I was early I could go ahead and pick out an ouftit head to toe, which i had to explain why i picked it and where i would wear it to. It was an interview with THREE people. a manager, GM, and some other manager. WHY? didnt enjoy the interview at all. didn't really care if they called me back or not. The interview ended up being me, myself, because the other candidates were late. I was told that I would be called by the end of the week. which hasn't happened yet.

Interview Questions
    • just asked situational questions regarding angry customers and building relationships.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Old Navy.

I went through 6 interviews...lengthy interviews prior to being hired