Old Navy

Average Difficulty
470 candidate interviews

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Old Navy in January 2010.

Interview Details – I did not like there interview process. First of all it is a group interview. Don't like those. I like one on one interviews were the interviewer and I can have a conversation about me and not getting judged or think I'm copying someone else answers. I like to give my own answers and not have to change mine cause they said the same thing I wanted to say...then. three more people said the same thing too in different words..now you just sound lost and stuck...still getting your answer together and it's your turn..just thinking now..if I have another group interview should I turn around...no next time get earlier than everyone else...maybe I can get a one on one...get a seat closer to the person doing the interview:-)

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed at Old Navy in October 2012.

Interview Details – I received a call back about a week after applying online. It was suppose to be a group interview but there was only 1 other person. It was not a sit down interview with questions. She gave us a tour of the store, told us about the history and then had us pass shopping bags to customers.

Interview Question – passing out shopping bags.   Answer Question

Service & Training Manager Interview Interview

Service & Training Manager Interview
Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Old Navy in June 2013.

Interview Details – I went to a college fair and met a store manager who encouraged me to apply..... so I did. I got a call 2 weeks later to sched. a pre screen which went well......... then a month went by without hearing anything until I had an interview with the DM.

Interview with another store manager was hard due to the fact that she kept role playing different situations trying to see how I handle it.

I was unassigned until I was placed in a store.

Interview Question – What would you do... if an associate is spreading rumors... or if an associate production is going down.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were trying to low ball me.... with offering 15/hour. I just graduated and for that pay it wasnt worth it... I renegotiated for $16.50/hour

Old Navy Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Old Navy Loss Prevention Agent
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Old Navy in August 2013.

Interview Details – if you dont know someone within the company you have little luck to getting employment. seasonal hires are easy because they work you to death and you dont receive holiday pay or benefits.

Interview Question – why do tou think old navy is a great fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiate pay because of my degree status

IM Ready Program - Inventory Analyst/Allocator Interview

IM Ready Program - Inventory Analyst/Allocator
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – I was internally referred and heard back from a recruiter after 2 weeks. The initial HR phone interview was straight forward: talked about my education, explained my resume, experience using data, how have I used Excel. At the end of the phone call I was scheduled for an assessment day interview.

The assessment day was 4.5 hours long. I had three 1:1 interviews and 1 panel interview with two other candidates. There was a case question on inventory that I had to work through with a group while the interviewers observed and asked questions. Overall the experience was intense but positive. The staff was friendly, helpful, and organized.

I wasn't offered the position since there were many candidates with extensive retail backgrounds.

Interview Question – Nothing too surprising, questions were from the top 50 interview questions. Make sure you know the company's history, product lines, fashion trends, be familiar with retail math (you will get a calculator but you cannot reference formulas).   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Harriman, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Old Navy in March 2010.

Interview Details – Old Navy wants people who are very energetic and driven. They get very personal with you. They want to know who you are outside of work as well. They want to know if you are flexible with hours and have the drive to make results happen.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Navy in June 2010.

Interview Details – - need to be "bubbly" in order to work there
- skills that you have that can help you in this workplace
- how can you contribute positively?
- one on one, in store interview
- not as professional as I expected

Interview Question – - are you willing to clean toilets at the end of the day for the store?   Answer Question

Morrow, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Old Navy in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied there months and months ago, and out of the blue sky they had called. I went there early, waited for about 15 minutes, and was told unexpectedly that it was going to be a group interview, which I hate. I was told since I was early I could go ahead and pick out an ouftit head to toe, which i had to explain why i picked it and where i would wear it to. It was an interview with THREE people. a manager, GM, and some other manager. WHY? didnt enjoy the interview at all. didn't really care if they called me back or not. The interview ended up being me, myself, because the other candidates were late. I was told that I would be called by the end of the week. which hasn't happened yet.

Interview Question – just asked situational questions regarding angry customers and building relationships.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – I went through 6 interviews...lengthy interviews prior to being hired

Chesapeake, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy in September 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got a call 2 weeks later for interview. It was a group interview. Hope I get called back.

Interview Question – Asked about customer service, lots of questions about yourself, had to sell an outfit to the interviewer, attempted to give bags out to customers.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Old Navy

Worked for Old Navy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Old Navy interview questions and advice. All 470 interview reviews posted anonymously by Old Navy employees and interview candidates.