Old Navy Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy (Providence, RI) in April 2015.

Interview

After a few weeks since I applied, I got a phone call from one of the managers. She asked me a few questions about myself and why I should be hired. The questions were easy and were just to get to know me better and my personality. They gave me a date for an interview and told me to bring something I am passionate about. When I arrived, it was a group interview and 3 other managers were there. We introduced ourselves and play games with dice and had to create an outfit based on what situation or event or item we rolled. It was a lot of run and very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about? What makes you awesome!?   Answer Question

Sellebrity Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy in July 2015.

Interview

It was very fun. It was a group interview and we started off introducing ourselves then were paired off and found out 15 things we had in common with our partner (its important to get to 15....) then we each shared something that we were passionate about. In this interview just be yourself as much as possible. Smile. Laugh. Its ok if you are nervous, what they're looking for is a person with personality. Theres also two parts to this interview!

Interview Questions

• Find 15 things you have in common with your partner. What item are you passionate about and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Old Navy (Waco, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Easy and quick. Applied online and got a call a month later from the manager and scheduled an interview. Went in and sat with manager. He asked me questions and was quickly over got the job the next day.

Sales Associate Old Navy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy (Reading, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied through learn up which was very helpful. Learn up basically did a mini orientation that took about an hour then you applied through gap and I got an immediate interview they said to bring something that represents us or that we are passionate about. It was a group interview with three other people 2 females and one male. One of the workers there said for me to look around and get to know the store better after fifteen minutes the hiring manager came out asking around if we were getting interviewed, she was very energetic and sweet which made everything so much easier. She talked about herself and also asked us to introduce ourselves. I was nervous at first but the everybody was so nice that you forget about it, and also we were in the middle of the store during it which wasnt bad cause they were not busy that day. After she asked us all individually some questions we were put in pairs and asked to look for an outfit for memorial day after ten minutes we had to come back to the manager and explain why we picked the outfits. My partner was very sweet and made me feel better about it. The manager then wrapped up the interview said she was going on a mini vacation and that she was gonna run background checks and call us up if we were hired by next week. I feel like I have a chance because I was interactive and always spoke first when questioned. She also directed many questions towards me. I will update this if if she gets back at me or not. And also this is my first interview ever I was superrrrr nervous but the manager was super outgoing and sweet and it was fun and went better than expected. But I thank glassdoor for preparing me.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to the company? What would you you do if they were busy and a coworker was slacking off?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Old Navy (Dallas, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process took two days. The first interview was a group interview where the hiring manager got to know everyone better. Each potential employee brought something that was important to us. During the group interview we also created outfits. The second interview was one on one with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Old Navy (Mooresville, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online to Old Navy and received a phone call about a week later asking me to come to a group interview and bring something I'm passionate about. I went, and it was the easiest interview I've ever been to. There was no one on one time and we explained our item and then chose an outfit individually. We were also given a tour of the store. Today (4 days later) I received a call telling me I got the job just after the group interview with no retail experience. It was super easy and informative. When they ask if you have any questions, make sure to ask some.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy (Cleveland, OH) in January 2011.

Interview

Basic interview with basic questions. One on one interview then got a call back for group interview that was used to see how outgoing you were and how knowledgeable you were on fashion and putting together an outfit to better assist a customer

Interview Questions

• Put together an outfit and sell it to them   1 Answer

I was seeking something with more opportunity to grow

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Old Navy in July 2012.

Interview

I was called in soon after I applied online to come in for a group interview. They asked questions about the latest fashions and generic questions about customer service. They key for the group interview is to just speak up and answer and look decent. They didn't even care what we said, they were just filtering out "duds". I got called back for interview with the store manager the same day. Interview with manager was fairly short and easy. I have listed below all the questions I remembered. I got hired right after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Where else did you apply? How has your past job experience prepared you for this position? Why do you want to work for Old Navy? Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clovis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Old Navy (Clovis, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Sent in an application on a Friday, Got a call on a Saturday, Got interviewed on Monday. Group style interview, which made the interview process fun and relaxed. Got a job offer about 4 hours after the interview.

Seasonal Sellebrity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Old Navy (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about a week later to set up an interview. When I arrived to the interview there was another person there. The manager interviewed us together and I did very well, she: not so much. She wasn't confident, she stumbled on words and it took her like 5 minute to give an answer. Anyway, we were both hired, so if you can apply online, you will get hired.

Interview Questions

• General questions, such as, experience, strengths, weaknesses, what makes you different, describe yourself and what your availability is.   Answer Question