Old Navy

Updated Feb 20, 2015
Updated Feb 20, 2015

2.1

Seasonal Sellebrity Interview

The group interview was very easy. Group of four other people. They asked us to pick outfits and sell it. There was also a phone interview. Very easy because they were desperate for seasonal employees

I applied online – interviewed at Old Navy.

This interview was out of the box questions. It is meant to be this way to see how you answer on your feet and if you match up to company standards. (i.e, show personality, relate to the person asking questions, be passionate, etc)

Seasonal Sellebrity Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Old Navy.

I called to confirm review of my application, hiring manager conducted over the phone interview then asked me to come to a group interview where you basically answer questions, play some games and do some activities, after group interview we were told that we would hear from manager within a few days but i was called within a few hours to set up an interview with the general manager, after that interview i was hired. After the holiday season i was offered a part time position which i accepted.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were particularly difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Old Navy in January 2015.

I went through three interviews. The first interview was over the phone, which I was completely unprepared for. I was asked what makes me awesome and to tell about a time when I was dealing with a costumer that was different from me. The second interview was a group interview with two other girls. This interview, I think, was to show our personality and retail skills. we were asked to bring in a personal item and talk about it, such as a trophy or something that represents you. Then, we were asked to find an item in the store, and after we had picked out our item we had to try to sell it. The last thing we had to do was create an outfit to go to a concert with the item we had already chosen. This was very fun and low pressure. The final interview is with the store manager, and I had to try to sell her the Old Navy card.

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy.

The interview process was straight foreward. There was an initial phone interview a few days after I completed my application. Phone interview established a face-to-face interview a week later. During the face-to-face interview they asked me several basic interview questions about my background, work experience, and why I was interested in the position. Was called with an offer a day later.

Interview Questions
    • What can you contribute to the customer's Old Navy experience   Answer Question

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy.

I was interviewed by the Assistant Store Manager. It was much like any interview with scenario based questions and how you would handle the situation. She asked me to talk about my work experience and how I thought it would help their store. She also told me about minor issues that I would face if I were to receive the job and we discussed ways to combat the difficulties. We walked around the store and she asked me what I would change about certain shops. What products did not fit the concept, where I would move particular products to help increase sales, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I got was how I would deal with an associate who took issue with me being much younger than them.   Answer Question
    They asked asked what wage I would like to receive and I said $13 (national average is $10 and that is what I expected to be offered). They came back with $12 and I accepted.

I applied online – interviewed at Old Navy.

I was called and had a mini interview on the phone where they asked about availability and what makes me awesome. It was awkward because I wasn't expecting to be interviewed over the phone. They scheduled a next "audition" which was a group interview with 5 other people and was asked to bring an item that represents me and explain it. We had a tour of the store and had to share our items, do an activity where we had 2 minutes to find 3 things we all had in common, and another activity where we picked an item from the sales floor that was our favorite trend and describe to the group why we chose it. It was a fun and interesting interview! We were all asked to come back for a final interview later that day with the general manager. The final interview was easy, they basically confirmed my availability and asked a few interviewquestions.

Sales Associate Interview

Easy interview. Be competent and know customer service. The interview consisted of your typical questions, why you wild want to work there. I went for a cash handler. They want to know some basic competency to see if you are capable of dealing with large amounts of cash.

Interview Questions
    Be friendly and knowledgable about the company

Sellebrity Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Old Navy.

I applied online and was called the next day. They do a quick phone screening—"Why did you apply to Old Navy? What makes you awesome?"—that you should be able to pass if you're not a zombie. I was invited in for a group interview the next day, although was not told it'd be with a group (I knew from reading these reviews). At the group interview, we were asked to talk about ourselves a bit and played a few games like making up a story out of pictures on a pair of dice (this was weird) and creating an outfit. Then we had 1-on-1's with the store manager. Everyone was very nice and friendly.

Got another offer—Old Navy is only paying $9/hr

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Old Navy.

Called in for an interview maybe a week after I applied. The interview process was fairly easy. The manager was nice and the environment was very welcoming. The interview lasted maybe 10 minutes. Was called back in approximately less than a week later to discuss pay. Was hired on spot after negotiation.

Interview Questions
    • Very easy. Basic questions. Tell me about yourself. What would you do in this situation?   Answer Question
    Negotiable but u have to be stern and have a number in mind. (Don't get to ahead of yourself though)