Old Navy

495 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Sellebrity

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Old Navy in July 2014.

Interview Details – I went to a hiring event where we played get to know you games and pick out outfits for designated occasions. I went to their website before i left and looked up some facts about the company. The lady conducting the hiring event was impressed with my knowledge. Got called around 3 days later for a second interview and was really laid back. We laughed and talked a lot and it went well. Got a call a day later for the job.

Interview Question – What was the worst mistake you have ever made?   Answer Question

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

Old Navy Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – A week after I put in my application, I got a call asking to go in for an audition. For audition, I had to dress like I was going to work. It consisted of different activities and you were in a group of people. Then I got a call two days later for an interview.

Interview Question – They asked me about my bestfriend and then asked for a characteristic that they had, that I wish I did.   Answer Question

Scranton, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – Process was really quick. Applied online, was called for a group interview with the manager and other applications. A little nerve wracking, but the manager was really laid back and seemed awesome to work for. I was called a couple days later and was offered a job! I loved working there, I only left because I moved away.

Interview Question – Why THIS Old Navy and not that Old Navy (which was about 30 min away)   View Answer

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

Old Navy Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Old Navy in October 2011.

Interview Details – You apply online, it's a good idea to apply then go in the store and introduce yourself to the hiring manager or store manager. You'll get a call to come in for a group interview, if you don't get a call within a month I recommend you call the store. The interviews are typically group interviews, which aren't as intimidating as you think. They'll show you the floor and have you work on the floor. You'll also be asked questions as a group, try to be as creative as possible, not generic. Communicating with customers is key, if you're folding clothes the whole time and not recognizing the customers, don't expect to get the job.

Interview Question – Questions have changed since I got hired but I remember being asked to 'sell' an item to the managers that were interviewing me. Also to explain how I solved a problem in a previous job, if you didn't have a previous job you could always talk about a club, internship, volunteering, etc.   Answer Question

Sellebrity Associate Interview

Sellebrity Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Old Navy in June 2014.

Interview Details – The process took a week it was a hiring fair. Within the following week they contacted applicants for a second interview. The first interview was a group interview. The second interview was and individual interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Most questions are easy.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy in May 2014.

Interview Details – Brief phone interview, group interview where we played games and got to know each other. during this, be sure to know what three things ON is known for (flip flops, denim, and american fllag t-shirts). called me a few days later to set up a second interview. got an email about a week later saying i didn't get the job.

Interview Question – what makes you awesome?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sellebrity Interview

Seasonal Sellebrity
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call from an upbeat associate named Matt. He was very friendly and didn't make me feel uncomfortable during the short 5 minute phone interview upon which he offered me to come in for an audition (group interview). The group interview was fun and different. Matt and several other employees were there along with the manager, Jeff, who was very nice too. We played the toilet paper game where we took as much toilet paper as needed and then for each piece we had to say one thing about ourselves. Then the manager asked us the typical questions. After that, we shared the object we thought represented us most. Matt had us play charades and then he paired us up and gave us a scenario for an outfit. We went through the store and chose different pieces to bring back and sell to the manager.

Interview Question – They asked the usual questions   Answer Question

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Old Navy in August 2013.

Interview Details – I spoke with the hiring manager, she told me to apply online, I followed up, she told me she'd call me, I waited...I walked in again to speak with her, and finally got an interview. It took a lot of persistence for me to finally get an interview. When I did, I was in a group with five other girls, and there were three managers interviewing the six of us. It was a very competitive process, each of us fighting to impress the managers (as respectfully as possible). The showed favoritism to one of the girls who was wearing all Old Navy clothes. She ended up getting the job. The employees fit the stereotype of catty retail salespeople to a T. They really value those who suck up to them, at least at the store that I applied to. At the beginning of the interview, we also had to do a scavenger hunt, pick three items, and then try to sell them to the managers. There was a lot of role playing, so be very confident, and practicing with a friend before is highly recommended! I was the only one who dressed professionally, and it didn't help my cause. They complimented two of the other girls' appearances and they were wearing jeans, so I think wearing Old Navy clothes to the interview is a good way to go.

Interview Question – How would you convince a customer to buy this pair of jeans?   Answer Question

Coralville, IA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Navy in June 2014.

Interview Details – Initially they called me about 2 days after I submitted my application online. We had a short phone interview with basic questions about availability and work ethic. Then, she asked me in for an audition where I had to demonstrate my ability to help customers and sell a product. She told me at the end of the interview that she would call me Monday to schedule orientation, after they ran a background check on me, but I've yet to hear back from her, and I know there wouldn't be anything on my background check to make them change their mind about me.

Interview Question – They asked me to bring in an item that represented a passion I had.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – It started as a group interview. There were four additional candidates. We were all given the same questions. If we were picked to go to the second interview, then we were to meet with the assistant manager. The final interview was with the store manager. The process took about a week.

Interview Question – Your average interview questions and scenario questions.   Answer Question