Old Navy

484 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

Old Navy Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – Old Navy was having open auditions which are basically open interviews. I went in, and there were around 20 other people there so the interviewer split us into two groups and made the first group answer some questions and the second group pick out an outfit for their mother or father. She then made us switch. It was an easy, lighthearted, and fun interview. I then got a call from the manager the next day, asking me to come in for a one on one interview. I met with her, and she asked me some basic questions like who is your biggest inspiration, etc. I haven't gotten a call back so I'm guessing I didn't get the job.

Interview Question – None of the questions were that difficult.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – It started as a group interview. There were four additional candidates. We were all given the same questions. If we were picked to go to the second interview, then we were to meet with the assistant manager. The final interview was with the store manager. The process took about a week.

Interview Question – Your average interview questions and scenario questions.   Answer Question

Store Management Interview

Store Management

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – Usually 2 interviews, store manager and Market Leader. So much turnover, right now, they will hire anyone, even without experience. How to open credit cards is as important as business acumen.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – Really fast, basic questions, got to know me rather than my retail experience. really friendly manager. i got an offer on the spot and had orientation that next week and started on a really busy day.

Interview Question – wasnt one   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they told you what you were to make. no negotiating

Sales Associate (Sellebrity) Interview

Sales Associate (Sellebrity)
Woodmore, MD

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – I first filled out the online application and received a call from the hiring manager a week later. I missed the call and had to wait a week to call back (the hiring manager went on vacation.) I called back almost two weeks later and the manager took down my information and said she would give me a call. After another week of playing phone tag, the manager called and conducted a phone interview. She asked basic questions, "Why Old Navy, What would you change about the company, what are your strengths how did you use them." She then invited me in for an "audition". This is the group interview, During the audition we had to talk to someone in the group and get 2 things you have in common with them and present it to the group. Then we had to yell out what we knew about the company and broke into two groups of 3 and play a game of charades so the managers had to guess what we were doing. Then we had to sell an item of clothing to all the managers. The interview was very fun (especially since I was partnered with a fun and outgoing person) and it didn't seem like an interview. 20 mins after leaving the interview I got a call back asking me to come in for a final interview. This was when i was offered the job and the manager just went over my availability and welcomed me to the team.

My advice is BE YOURSELF! If you love clothes and love talking to people and being spontaneous you will do just fine. The group audition is a way for them to see your personality and also see how e=well you can jump out of your comfort zone. be genuine and don't try too hard. If you have the passion, you'll get the job.

Interview Question – What are you passionate about?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Old Navy Interview

Sales Associate Old Navy

I applied online and interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – Group interview - very informal and relaxed. Hard to not repeat answers or have yours repeated by someone else since the questions were basic. Didn't take long to know if you were in the running. There wasn't a second interview either. If you got the job, they just called and offered it.

Interview Question – How do you handle dress?   Answer Question

Sellebrity Interview

Sellebrity
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Old Navy in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online on Sunday, and the next morning I got a call from them asking me to come in the next day for a group interview. They also asked a few questions about why did i want to work there, my availability, ect. through the phone. At the interview, we played some games to get to know one another- maybe it was just a test to see how we talk to other people. The first game, we got as much paper as we thought we needed and they told us to tell a fact about ourselves for each square. Then we put together a outfit for a customer and made up a story as where the customer was going.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Navy in January 2010.

Interview Details – filled out the application and was called over the manager phone for an interview and then asked to come into the store and a store manager and team lead pulled me into the office and just asked me formal questions like why did i want to work for the company and what do i like to do etc.

Interview Question – no unexpected questions everything was pretty straight forward they were really nice and pleasant and very understanding to what my standards were and gave me options to what position i wanted to be in and what hours i was willing to work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – just be yourself because the staff is really nice and will work around you and its not the other way around

Assistant Store Manager of Merchandising Interview

Assistant Store Manager of Merchandising

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Old Navy in April 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call from a corporate recruiter the following day. I was then selected to interview with the store manager, face to face and then had a phone interview with the District manager

Interview Question – Most questions were fairly easy and common interview questions about my leadership style and follow-up with a team. Also, how large of a team I've managed   Answer Question

Seasonal Sellebrity Interview

Seasonal Sellebrity

I applied online - interviewed at Old Navy in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied over the internet and within a week (maybe more), I heard back from them calling me in for an interview the next day. I went in and met with the manager for a 1 on 1 interview. He asked some pretty straightforward questions and was very easy to talk to. He asked questions like: Why do you want this position? Tell me about your work history. When was a time that you were inspired and how did you act on that? How do you work in team environments or with multiple personalities on a team? What do you do if someone is talking negatively about another co-worker in your presence? Stuff like that. At the end of the interview, he actually offered me another position than the position that I applied for and invited me in for another interview. I came to the 2nd interview and we kind of went over some of the same things. The 2nd manager told me about my options for the other position that I was offered but the options didn't really work for me so I was uncertain what was going to happen next. The 2nd manager told me that they still needed to run a background check, so after that we could go from there.

Interview Question – If I decided to contact (insert name here from your references), what are 3 words that they would use to describe you?   View Answer