Old Navy Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy (Dublin, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Got a phone call where the manager asked about why I wanted to work at Old Navy and about my availability. This lasted about 5 minutes. We set up a group interview on the next business day where the manager had us talk about ourselves for about a minute each. She told us about the store history, dress code, etc.. Each of us then had to pick out an outfit for a given scenario. The manager mentioned that she liked how I picked out accessories in addition to clothing. She dismissed us and said she would call within the next couple days. Two days later, I got a call saying I got the job. Altogether I answered about 3 different questions; much easier than I expected.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Old Navy?   1 Answer
    • Where do you get inspiration for fashion and where do you like to shop?   Answer Question

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

Interview process was very simple. Talked with the manager on what qualities I would bring to the company, why I should be picked for the job, and how would I like to grow in my position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Old Navy (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

This was the easiest interview I've ever had! I applied on Thursday night, was called in Friday to set up an interview for Monday, and was hired on Tuesday. The phone call had more questions than the actual interview. One thing I wasn't expecting them to ask was "what makes you awesome?" It's not a normal thing to be asked in an interview so I was caught off-guard. They use a group "audition" as the interview, I was asked to bring an item with me that related to something I'm passionate about. At the interview, we talked about the item each person brought and then we had to go out onto the sales floor and find an outfit that fit our style and try to sell it to the manager.

Interview Questions

• What makes you awesome? Why do you want to work at Old Navy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy (Clarksville, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied in the middle of May online( they don't take paper applications). I called multiple times and got the run around. A month later, I resubmitted my application because it had expired, and got a call that same day. The manager did a phone interview, and then told me to come in for a group interview. I went in a couple days later for the interview. I was told to bring an item that reflected something I'm passionate about to discuss. The manager was really nice and outgoing. She encouraged us to talk to each other and get to know each other. The competition was hard because there was 5 other people at the interview. So make sure you are nice and loud and they notice you. We played two games. One game was where we did facts about ourselves, the other game was we had to go out onto the floor and pick out an outfit. Once we got our outfit, we had to bring it back and explain the outfit to the manager. We also had to say what we would add to it (hat, scarf, jewelry). The interview was about an hour long, and was a good experience. The manager said she would call us later that week( it was Thursday). Saturday the manager called and offered me a job, I accepted. I start my job next Friday.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Make sure you make an impression, but don't force your way into other people's conversations with the manager. I made sure I was the last to leave so the manager remembered me the most.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

I applies online and then had a phone interview, I was able to bypass the group interview and my one on one in store interview took less than ten minutes. Received a call the other day saying that I got the job! As long as you know a little about the company and you're talkative you'll be just fine!!

Customer Experience Associate- Sellebrity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saugus, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy (Saugus, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick. They found my profile on Snagajob and thought I'd be a good fit so I was called in for an interview about a week later. The interview was extremely laid back. I was interviewed by the Loss & Prevention manager and she was very nice and took everything I said in great stride. I was told that the interview went fantastically and I'd be hearing back from her within the week to know if I got the job, and exactly a week later I was called and told that I got the job! THIS IS WHERE THINGS GO DOWN HILL!!!! During the phone call telling me that I'd gotten the job the manager said that someone would call me by the end of the week with information regarding the orientation (it was a Tuesday so I figured the up coming weekend would be when they'd call me back) but unfortunately no one called me. After pacing around my apartment for hours I decided to call the store and ask if there was some information that I had missed during the phone call (assuming maybe they changed their mind or I was too excited to catch every word the manager said to me) but I was simply told that they were extremely busy that week and they were sorry to not get back to me yet, and that a manager would call me ASAP. It wasn't until the following Wednesday (now 8 days after I was told I got the job) that I got a call from the manager telling me that the orientation was that Friday. FINALLY we were getting somewhere! NOT. I went to the orientation. It was very simple- me and four other girls signed official work documents to work for the Old Navy/Gap team. It was all extremely professional. We were then split up into sections in the store and told to spend the rest of our orientation time organizing the clothing displays. We did this for about two hours until we were told to go home, and also told that we'd all get a call from a manager Erica and also our work schedules would be emailed to us that weekend. That was almost 2 weeks ago, and I have not received a single phone call or email from anyone in the store. I do not know why these people are so unprofessional when it comes to being efficient and timely but I have ultimately given up on hearing back from them. I've only worked as hostesses at smaller restaurants where I haven't needed to be "interviewed" or sign any work documents so I'm not used this kind of procedure, but everyone I've talked to has assured me that this is HIGHLY unprofessional and I should look for a new job. This is really unfortunate for me because I've spent the entire past MONTH thinking that I didn't need to keep looking around for more jobs because I was told that I got the one at Old Navy. This was my first and most likely last experience with this company.

Interview Questions

• 1) What are you passionate about? 2) What is your past work experience? 3) Can you explain a time that you were able to stand up and help in a time of stress? 4) What was the most difficult thing you had to go through at any past jobs? 5) Can you explain a time that you messed something up and learned your lesson from it? (this was more of a silly joke question)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Old Navy (Fayetteville, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

i applied online and a week later got a call on a Tuesday to come in for a interview. Went in walked around then interviewed with the manager. It was a group interview. It was one of the funnest interviews I ever had.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I went through a two-stage interview process. I was first contacted by a talent recruiter within the company through email and then had about a half hour interview over the phone. I was told they had already seen my work, and thought I may be a fit for their future job opening. I was then asked to come into the corporate office to speak with a couple of people I may be working with. The atmosphere was casual, and the two department representatives that interviewed me were dressed very casually as well. I was a little taken back as there was very little to no structure of the interview and the job description was very open and vague as to what the day-to-day functions and reality of the role would really be. Their responses my questions were generic as well. Overall, the interview experience was not what I was expecting.

Interview Questions

• What are your interests in graphic design, and why do you want to work for Old Navy?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Old Navy (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Quick and easy. They knew they wanted me before I sat down with management. The process was very easy. They didn't ask much outside of when I wanted to work and how often. They clearly knew what they wanted and just needed warm bodies on the sales floor.

Interview Questions

• Design an outfit for a customer very similar to yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Old Navy (Anchorage, AK) in June 2015.

Interview

Group interview - I had 4 other people with me. Only 1 person was not hired from the group. They will ask you questions but they wont necessarily be the typical "why do you want to work for Old Navy" type questions. You might have to go out on the floor and find an outfit to sell. Make sure you put shoes with the outfit, and maybe jewelry if its for a female.

Interview Questions

• (We had to bring in an item that meant something to us or that we were passionate about.) What does this item mean to you?   1 Answer