Old Navy

470 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – Old Navy Interviews in a Group, Commonly Called a "Group Audition." Basically, you will come dressed to the interview as if it were a normal work day. They put you in Pairs, and have you do Ice breakers.

Interview Question – They ask you to bring a single item that is meaningful to you and have you explain why it is so meaningful to you   View Answers (2)

Valdosta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Old Navy in March 2013.

Interview Details – was called for an interview with the hiring manager. was called back for an interview with the store manager who basically looked at the summary of the previous interview, re asked a few questions and that was it.

Interview Question – was asked to go out to the store floor and assemble an outfit that i would personally wear   Answer Question

Sellebrity - Logistics Team Interview

Sellebrity - Logistics Team
Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Navy in May 2014.

Interview Details – first I got a call from a very enthusiastic person who told me how excellent and how impressive my resume was. then told me about the schedule they work if i ever end up in logistics or on the sales floor and if i could do both. asked me; why old navy? and if there was anything i did that i had to step up and become a leader.. then told me she'll call me back the next day to tell me when I can come in for a group interview. called me the next day just told me the date and time to come bring an important thing and wear something that i would go to work in. During the group interview there were 4 of us and 2 of them. she just asked us an ice breaker question and then we proceeded to the floor where in we did an activity to look for the items in the store and tell them what it signifies.. the second one was to look for an outfit.. we were given different situations. after that we played a tissue game and then told facts about ourselves depending on how many pieces of tissue we got.. and lastly we talked about the thing they asked us to bring that was important to us. they kept saying how good and awesome or perfect every time their questions were answered or asked to do something and seemed like they were very pleased. i volunteered to talk first and talked when asked and asked questions. i really thought i did a good job. but... i came home and got the email that i wasn't qualified/selected for the position. i felt that everything they were saying or doing wasn't at all genuine because they made you feel like hey you're doing a great!. it was misleading and felt like it was a complete waste of time. oh well.

Interview Question – i guess when we were asked to look for random things and were asked to tell them what it signifies... you gotta know a little bit about the store but it was really easy.   Answer Question

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Merchandising Specialist
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted within 3 days of submitting an application via their website but the interviews and hiring process took 2 weeks. I was interviewed by two different managers and the assistant manager of the store I ultimately ended up working in.

Interview Question – How would you sell me a product was unexpected since it was for merchandising specialist and not sales.   Answer Question

Oak Brook, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – Had an initial interview with the recruitment manager and then one with the store manager. Both were easy and had similar questions. They like energetic and bubbly personalities.

Interview Question – Easy interview. Asked why you want to work there, what product of theirs do you like most, how would you handle a difficult customer, etc. Very straight forward.   Answer Question

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

Old Navy Sales Associate
Leesburg, VA

I applied online and interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – Their interview process has changed!!!!! It's SUCH A LONG PROCESS! First you apply. You have to apply online through Gap's website. There are NO PAPER COPIES OF APPLICATIONS IN EXISTENCE! The online part has a questionnaire. If you fail the questionnaire then a flag pops up on your application when it sends to the managers and it reads, "Do not hire!" If you fail the questionnaire then you don't get a job. But if you pass then the managers see a flag that shows that you're an acceptable human-being worthy of their time. Then they schedule you for a phone interview. I think there is one small phone interview with the Hiring Manager first. Then they will schedule you for what they call "an audition". Its morbidly embarrassing. You come into the store with maybe four other candidates and go through this process. This is essentially a group interview where they don't really address you individually at all. You come in and they have you do a game or maybe show and tell because they treat you as though you're in middle school. After that ice-breaker you do a game related to the store in some way. For example you're asked to go find an outfit for someone or an alternative to a specific item or something. These tasks prove to actually be difficult because Old Navy stores seem to be notorious for their extreme constant mess. Throughout your audition the managers are really trying to assess if you're outgoing and like-able. After the interview if they actually like you they schedule a phone interview with the store manager. Since this is alllll their new hiring process I'm not sure if the phone interview with the Store Manager is the last step or not they might have you come in for a face-to-face interview even after that I can't say for sure. So finally you're hired and you're asked to come in for training days. They give you two four hour shift of initial training I believe. I knew a girl who was on a training shift for I think anywhere from 9-12 hours because she wanted to squeeze it into one day. Throughout the training day you sign all the tax papers as usual and you watch excruciatingly awful store videos that take you through customer service policies and what not. Then the Hiring Manager takes you through some other procedures and processes as well. Later in the day you shadow some employees who train you on register or fitting room procedures. Keep in mind the employees who train you get paid the exact same amount (or less) than you do as a starting employee. So while getting trained expect to be training someone in the future who doesn't know what they're doing at all yet they get paid more than you.....

Interview Question – The interview process isn't so heavy on questions strangely enough.... the most important part is the "audition" sadly....   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase I was desperate....

Women Department Manager Interview

Women Department Manager
Freehold, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – I was interviewed casually after being contacted to come down to the store. After expressing great joy in finding a "candidate like me" - I was utterly ignored. Emails and phone calls went unanswered. I was baffled as the manager seemed so excited when speaking to me, and she was the one who called me. The whole thing was handled very unprofessionally. I have been hiring people for my stores for almost twenty years and I would never treat a candidate as I was treated here.

Interview Question – none. Standard, pay, work experience and job expectations questions   Answer Question

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

Old Navy Sales Associate

Interviewed at Old Navy

Interview Details – I had one interview in which I talked about my previous work and my abilities. We discussed the retail business as well as my background in restaurants. We also discussed situational instances such as "how have you handled stress on previous projects and job sites". It was overall relaxing and enjoyable.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions were situational, although all were feasible.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – Applied online through the Gap Inc. career site for seasonal sales associate position. I got a phone call about a week later to come to a group interview. Our group interview was quite large, probably about 20 people. I received an offer later that day.

Interview Question – Talk about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you resolved the situation. In general, the group interview setting may be intimating for some, since you have to be proactive to answer the questions, as interviewer did not call on us each individually. (This might be different for a smaller interview group).   Answer Question

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Merchandising Specialist
Barceloneta, PR

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Old Navy in February 2010.

Interview Details – First Interview is mainly on how you react to different situations. Second Interview is with the General Manager and is really short (about 15min).

Interview Question – Cannot recall specific questions but they do variate the same questions about situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiaion, worked part time-minimum wage. They do only give 5-6 hours a week.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Old Navy