Old Navy

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.1

Sellebrity Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Old Navy.

The interview was awesome. You went and answered a few questions with the assistant store manager. Then they took you out to the floor to build an outfit for an associate.

Interview Questions
    • I did not have any difficult questions. Most of the questions I was asked were about my availability and my opinion.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. I was happy with the outcome.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Old Navy.

I applied and a week later got a call back. I had two interviews one with the store manager and the other with another manager. Interview was easy they asked typical retail interview questions. Such as how would you put an outfit together and how would you sell old navy cards.

I didn't negotiate since I had no retail experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy in September 2014.

I was called on the phone for a quick phone interview, and was asked 4 questions. I can't remember all of them, but I know they were along the lines of 'What makes you awesome?' 'What would your best friend describe as your best quality?' and just personality questions. I was enthusiastically offered an interview. Old Navy calls them 'auditions' apparently, but it's just a group interview. Sort of. We did the whole 'audition' in the store itself, we never went into the back or anywhere private. There was 6 people in my 'audition'. We started out by getting giant bouncy balls, and paired up. We had 3 minutes to find 3 things we had in common, which was strange how much the girl and I had in common, I hope she also got offered a job and we can work together. After that, the interviewer went on about Old Navy history a bit and her own history. After that we went on a scavenger hunt around the store. It was things like, a shopping bag, a crayon, a balloon, an ONC packet, etc. Not clothes items. After everyone got back, we got a tour of the store itself and the different sections, featured, athletic, clearance, baby girl, toddler boy, etc. After that we rolled two dice and had to make an outfit with anything on the floor as long as it had the two items on the dice. I had premium denim and a tanktop so it was really easy. Don't forget to accessorize, the jewelry and shoes are great. And that was about it, it took about an hour. I think mine went great, and I'm not sure how many of those people were offered jobs.

Interview Questions
    • What year was Old Navy established? What is Old Navy known for? Who owns Old Navy and what else do they own?   View Answer
    No negotiation, Old Navy starts at $9 for everyone now.

Pricing Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Old Navy in September 2014.

I applied online, and the process took one week. I interviewed with the store manager, and the operations manager, and we spoke for roughly one hour about my past retail experiences, and what I've been doing career wise, and why I wanted to get back into retail. It was a very easy interview, and the folks I met with couldn't have been any nicer. Make sure you have a passion for retail, and are familiar with their products and brand.

Interview Questions
    I had four years of retail going into it, so I was offered the top salary for the spot, and didn't need to negotiate.

Seasonal Help Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Old Navy in September 2014.

it was really relaxed. No super hard questions. really nice. It was quick and the manager was friendly, we really just talked and wasn't too serious. I was really happy and she offered me the job right away. I was able to negotiate my pay rate and it really was a simple process It was not hard. You do a 7 hour training course thats awesome and you get to meet alot of people.

Sellebrity Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Old Navy in September 2014.

First interview was a group interview with one other person. Was asked to bring in an object that's important to us and explain why. Normal Interview questions. After 20 or so minutes, we were brought out to the floor and were first asked to pick out an article of clothing that "spoke to us" then we were each given a different scenario (i.e. "date night", "Work Picnic", ect.) and asked build an outfit, using the piece of clothing, for the scenario. About a 1 hour Process. Second interview was just standard interview questions, about 10-15 minutes.

Sellebrity Interview

Applied online, interviewed over the phone, took part in a group interview, then one last interview in person with the store manager. Overall 3 weeks from the time I applied online until actual orientation. Not a difficult interview process or difficult questions.

Sellebrity Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy.

I applied to old navy via their website and within 1 week I received a call back and phone interview. the phone interview consisted of questions like "have you ever been on a team?" and "explain how you have helped someone you didn't know before." the questions were very simple but I (being as shy as ever) stuttered a lot and gave pretty terrible answers. However I was still asked to come in for the group interview the following week. The "group" interview was only one other person and I. We were asked to bring in something that inspired us, but the conversation on that was very short. Part of the interview was to talk to customers about their day and tell the hiring manager the facts we learned to show our people skills. (This part is just a little awkward, dont worry most people shopping at old navy are regulars and see stuff like this a lot!) This took about 3 hours and we were paid for that time. No following personal interview happened and I was contacted within 3 days with my new orientation days. (Also no biggie, just how to fold the clothes, organization, backdoor number, etc.)

Interview Questions
    • "what do you think is one thing that could be improved in this store?"   View Answers (2)
    no negotiation, just talk loudly and smile. Everyone at old navy is extremely friendly and easy to talk to.

Sales Associate Old Navy Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Old Navy.

Group interview. It was fun. We played games which made it a more casual feel and not as stuffy as a regular interview. There were several games that were played but the one that was most fun for me was when we rolled the dice of clothes and had to pick out an outfit around that item of clothing.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really any question that was too difficult.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sellebrity Interview

I applied on a Friday and I received a phone call the Sunday after. The call lasted only a few minutes and they asked questions to get to know me better. Then they asked me if I'd be available to come in on Wednesday at 3, and to come with an item I'm passionate about.

The Wednesday meeting was a group interview with 8 other people. We went into the back room and introduced ourselves. Then we played "The Toilet Paper Game". We unrolled the toilet paper as much as we wanted, then afterward we were told we had to tell the group an interesting fact for each square we ripped off. After that we were split into two groups and we had to find 3 things the group had in common. Lastly we showed the group the items we brought and explained how they represented us.

The next day I received a phone call asking for me to come in at my earliest convenience. Once I made my way to the store, they took me into back, told me they liked me and that they wanted me to work for them.