Old Navy

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Logistics Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – I applied online and three days later, I was emailed by the store manager asking me to setup an interview time. I came in for the interview (it was a group interview) and she asked random questions and explained the culture of the company. The interview went well and I advanced to the next step, which was a "realistic interview" with the Logistics Lead. I came in bright and early and shadowed the other associates. The LL told me they would contact me in a few days if I was offered an interview with the other store manager. I received a call 2 days later asking if I could come in and speak with the other manager. The third interview resembled the first one and she asked questions about my future plans and why I want to work for the company. I received a call 4 days later, offering me a job. I accepted. I really like the company and the employees are really cool.

Interview Question – I didn't expect a "realistic interview", it was different but I liked it.   Answer Question

Logistics Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – Applied via online one night. One week later they called and asked to go in for a interview the next day. So I go in the next afternoon and it is a group interview with four other people. The staffing coordinator has us standing in a circle in the middle of the store and wants to get a feel for everybody's personality. She has everyone go around and introduce themselves and say our favorite color and simple stuff like that. But anyways, after we all introduce ourselves she wants everybody to go throughout the store and pick an outfit and she gives everyone a scenario. We come back with our outfits and describe why we picked them. Long story short she said she really likes the outfit I picked and she gave the best feedback on my outfit compared to everybody else s. Then when we are done we walk around the store and she describes every department and how they display and organize each department. She ask us of any observations that we have. In the group interview it was me, 3 other guys and 1 girl. Out of everybody it was me and the girl that was doing most the talking and interacting and everyone else mainly kept quiet. Keep in mind I applied for the Logistics position and who knows what other positions everyone else applied for. So at the end of the group interview she asks if we have any questions, she thanks us for our time and interest and she would let us know by Monday if they wanted you to come in for a more formal personal review. Later the next evening i got a email from them stating that I was not selected for the position, even though I was one of the more outgoing interactive ones. But Whatever.

Interview Question – None really, it was a group interview and it a was all simple.   Answer Question

Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Old Navy in October 2012.

Interview Details – Sign up online, and got a call a day after. It's a group interview at 5 am, in their store.
It was three people including me. It was part-time position about four hr. from 5-8.
Thew was a girl who give us an interview. She told us to tell her about ourselves. The questions like "Tell me when you make a mistake about a job.

Interview Question – Tell me how do you achieve your assignment.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Aiken, SC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – I was called for an interview a few weeks after I applied. The interviewer was very friendly with me and she asked me to tell her about myself before the interview and we talked about hobbies for a minute.

I felt that I did well in the interview and answered most of the questions well, but I didn't get a call back.

Interview Question – What is a recent fashion trend that you think will catch on?   View Answer

Milpitas, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Old Navy in August 2012.

Interview Details – Applied on Thursday and called on Monday for interview on Tuesday. Interviewed by 2 managers. THought it went well.

Eugene, OR

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Old Navy in November 2009.

Interview Details – I applied at a job fair and was called in for a 1:1 interview, met with the logistics manager and was asked the usual interview questions plus more logistics focused ones such as can you lift 50 lbs? do you mind getting dirty? are you ok with coming in at 5am? that sort of questioning. there was no test, just basically summed you up and offered you the position on the spot.

Interview Question – can you lift 30-50lbs?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation available for this position.

Saugus, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy in August 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online. The online part asked you questions about yourself and some questions related to the job. Like they'd show a picture of one section of the store, and ask you what's wrong with this picture. Anyway, I was called for an interview around the next day or two.

The first interview was pretty short. The interviewer is very outgoing, and she made me feel comfortable. She was around 25 years old or something. I told her I can't work early mornings so she switched me from logistics associate to sales associate. After five minutes of answering questions, I had to go out and pretend I was a sales associate. I just simply had to approach customers and kindly ask them if they need help with anything. She mentions how they usually go straight to the interview, but because of a recent loss of a co-worker, the store manager was really busy. So, I was scheduled for a second interview on Saturday.

I come in Saturday to find out that something happened about an hour ago before I came in, so I had to reschedule for another day.

I don't get scheduled till the second Monday following that Saturday. (I think I had a clue I didn't get the job because it wasn't the store manager I was supposed to be interviewed with.) It was another girl probably around the other girl's age. She was more apathetic, though. She basically just reviewed my last interview, and it was done in like three minutes. She said they will call in a couple of days. I call Thursday and find out I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

Columbus, OH

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Old Navy in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call to set up an interview the same day. It was for a store that I didn't originally apply for an was too far away so they told me to call the location near me. I called and the hiring manager was on vacation so they took down my availability and she called when she came back and scheduled an interview. When I got to the store it was very busy so I was told to look around. While I looked around I tried to fix up messed up displays for extra points. My interviewer was very nice and made me feel relaxed. The interview went well and he scheduled me for a realistic job interview. I had to show up and help unpack boxes early in the morning and I made sure to ask a lot of questions. I was told to call the next day and the manager said he would like to move forward and gave me the orientation date.

Interview Questions

Baytown, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Old Navy in April 2010.

Interview Details – go to store and interview w/ the assistant manager take a walk around store to get a good feel and basically it

Logistics Associate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Old Navy in November 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online and had to complete a personality test that asked things about my attitudes towards situations that would arise at work; it also included pictures of clothing and clothing displays, asking me what type of clothing was shown or how many errors were there in the display. I got called a few days later and set up an interview for the next day. I arrived ten minutes early and was interviewed by the guy who does training once you are hired. He asked me about my availability and explained the job to me (I applied for customer service associate but they really needed help in logistics, so I told him I would do either). He only asked me one question about what customer service meant to me and then he told me he would contact me to set up a job shadow. He called me that night and I went in the next morning to do the job shadow for half an hour with a group of other people they were interviewing. He showed us around the back room and the front of the store, explaining what we would be doing. I was called the next day to set up an interview with the store manager for the next week and I had that interview today. It wasn't an actual interview, just him explaining to me what I would be doing, the hours I would get, and the chances of me being kept after the holiday season was over. After we talked he told me someone would call me that day to schedule orientation after they finished my hiring paperwork. It was by far the easiest interview process I have been through and I only answered that one question the entire time.

Interview Question – What does "customer service" mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate. Pay for this job starts at minimum wage. If you are looking for a part-time job to pay for holiday gifts, it will be good for you especially with the discount.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Old Navy

Worked for Old Navy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Old Navy Logistics Associate interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Old Navy employees and interview candidates.