Old Navy Logistics Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.1

Logistics Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

Interviewing consisted of two parts - a group interview followed by a one-on-one interview. The group interview was a bit out of the box, as we were asked to bring in a special item that could metaphorically represent us. Overall, both interviews were pretty simple.

Interview Questions

• - Find an article of clothing which demonstrates a trend and describe its benefits as if you are "selling" it to a customer. - Can you describe a major mistake you made and what you learned from it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Old Navy

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy (Buffalo, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and about a week later I received a call from one of the managers. She just asked me some questions like "tell me about yourself", what are you passionate about? and why Old Navy. After that she gave me a time and day for a group interview, or audition as they call it, the following week and asked that I bring in an item that represents me whether it be a picture or whatever. I was the first to show up and it was 4 of us (2 people didnt show up). It was actually fun and different then what I'm use to. She told us about the company and then asked what we know about them. I did my research and said that Old Navy opened it's first store in 1994. A girl asked if Old Navy was part of Gap Inc. It's ok if you don't know but please do your research so you don't sound clueless. We then did a little trivia game where we answered questions like how many pairs of flip flops we think the company sold in one day and then we showed off our items that we brought. After all of that she took us out and showed us around the store and we partnered up to play out scenarios. I was the sales associate and the girl I was with was the customer and ours was spring break and she just wanted to see how we would interact with customers and ask open ended questions and try to build up on the sale. We then explained our outfits and that was pretty much it. We scheduled for a final interview, the whole process took an hour. For the last interview, the questions were more logistics based and I met the merchandising leader. They asked me about my experience and the process of the shipment there and asked me "tell me about a time where you went above and beyond for a customer" and "tell me a time where your strengths helped you in a situation." After that she said she would call me to say yes or no, she called and I got the job!

Logistics Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

I applied online and three days later, I was emailed by the store manager asking me to setup an interview time. I came in for the interview (it was a group interview) and she asked random questions and explained the culture of the company. The interview went well and I advanced to the next step, which was a "realistic interview" with the Logistics Lead. I came in bright and early and shadowed the other associates. The LL told me they would contact me in a few days if I was offered an interview with the other store manager. I received a call 2 days later asking if I could come in and speak with the other manager. The third interview resembled the first one and she asked questions about my future plans and why I want to work for the company. I received a call 4 days later, offering me a job. I accepted. I really like the company and the employees are really cool.

Interview Questions

• I didn't expect a "realistic interview", it was different but I liked it.   Answer Question

Logistics Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

Applied via online one night. One week later they called and asked to go in for a interview the next day. So I go in the next afternoon and it is a group interview with four other people. The staffing coordinator has us standing in a circle in the middle of the store and wants to get a feel for everybody's personality. She has everyone go around and introduce themselves and say our favorite color and simple stuff like that. But anyways, after we all introduce ourselves she wants everybody to go throughout the store and pick an outfit and she gives everyone a scenario. We come back with our outfits and describe why we picked them. Long story short she said she really likes the outfit I picked and she gave the best feedback on my outfit compared to everybody else s. Then when we are done we walk around the store and she describes every department and how they display and organize each department. She ask us of any observations that we have. In the group interview it was me, 3 other guys and 1 girl. Out of everybody it was me and the girl that was doing most the talking and interacting and everyone else mainly kept quiet. Keep in mind I applied for the Logistics position and who knows what other positions everyone else applied for. So at the end of the group interview she asks if we have any questions, she thanks us for our time and interest and she would let us know by Monday if they wanted you to come in for a more formal personal review. Later the next evening i got a email from them stating that I was not selected for the position, even though I was one of the more outgoing interactive ones. But Whatever.

Interview Questions

• None really, it was a group interview and it a was all simple.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy (Aiken, SC).

Interview

I was called for an interview a few weeks after I applied. The interviewer was very friendly with me and she asked me to tell her about myself before the interview and we talked about hobbies for a minute. I felt that I did well in the interview and answered most of the questions well, but I didn't get a call back.

Interview Questions

• What is a recent fashion trend that you think will catch on?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Old Navy (Tempe, AZ) in October 2012.

Interview

Sign up online, and got a call a day after. It's a group interview at 5 am, in their store. It was three people including me. It was part-time position about four hr. from 5-8. Thew was a girl who give us an interview. She told us to tell her about ourselves. The questions like "Tell me when you make a mistake about a job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Old Navy (Milpitas, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Applied on Thursday and called on Monday for interview on Tuesday. Interviewed by 2 managers. THought it went well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saugus, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy (Saugus, MA) in August 2011.

Interview

I applied online. The online part asked you questions about yourself and some questions related to the job. Like they'd show a picture of one section of the store, and ask you what's wrong with this picture. Anyway, I was called for an interview around the next day or two. The first interview was pretty short. The interviewer is very outgoing, and she made me feel comfortable. She was around 25 years old or something. I told her I can't work early mornings so she switched me from logistics associate to sales associate. After five minutes of answering questions, I had to go out and pretend I was a sales associate. I just simply had to approach customers and kindly ask them if they need help with anything. She mentions how they usually go straight to the interview, but because of a recent loss of a co-worker, the store manager was really busy. So, I was scheduled for a second interview on Saturday. I come in Saturday to find out that something happened about an hour ago before I came in, so I had to reschedule for another day. I don't get scheduled till the second Monday following that Saturday. (I think I had a clue I didn't get the job because it wasn't the store manager I was supposed to be interviewed with.) It was another girl probably around the other girl's age. She was more apathetic, though. She basically just reviewed my last interview, and it was done in like three minutes. She said they will call in a couple of days. I call Thursday and find out I didn't get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Old Navy (Columbus, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

I applied online and got a call to set up an interview the same day. It was for a store that I didn't originally apply for an was too far away so they told me to call the location near me. I called and the hiring manager was on vacation so they took down my availability and she called when she came back and scheduled an interview. When I got to the store it was very busy so I was told to look around. While I looked around I tried to fix up messed up displays for extra points. My interviewer was very nice and made me feel relaxed. The interview went well and he scheduled me for a realistic job interview. I had to show up and help unpack boxes early in the morning and I made sure to ask a lot of questions. I was told to call the next day and the manager said he would like to move forward and gave me the orientation date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Old Navy (Baytown, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

go to store and interview w/ the assistant manager take a walk around store to get a good feel and basically it