Old Navy

Updated Jul 18, 2014
Updated Jul 18, 2014

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operation Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy.

Always wear old navy clothes for the interview. Jeans or khakis are appropriate with a nice blouse or polo shirt for the men. They will call you for interviews do not call them. The interviews are a bit unorthodox with games and picking out clothing. There is a phone interview, then an audition, then a final interview with the Store Manager.

Other Interview Reviews for Old Navy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Old Navy.

Was easy and enjoyable

Very smooth

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Old Navy in July 2012.

Went and introduced myself and got an interview scheduled with the store manager that night. After two weeks passed I got a call for a second interview and interviewed with the assistant manager who was recently promoted to that position from the Operations Manager. Then another two weeks passed and I got another call that I got the job and had the credit check and everything else to look forward to.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you missed a deadline. How did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, SC

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Old Navy in February 2012.

For a grade 7 position with the company, I went through 3 interviews. One with an outside store manager, one with an outside district manager + different store manager, and a final with my store manager. Interview questions pertain to management decisions and experiences, not necessarily job specific.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy in July 2010.

It took about 2 weeks to get a call back from the store manager to come interview. I had applied for this position from our internal job postings and had above all the level of experience, education and reviews. I went in to interview with the store manager and at first all she wanted to talk about was why I was not using my degree by going into a field more closely associated with it. Then we proceeded with questions about situations I had experienced in the store. Unruly customers, when did I think I had gone above and beyond in customer service, how many Old Navy cards I had gotten in the last week, how often I was meeting my Old Navy card goal, how would I respond to an integrity issue at work, and what my strengths/weaknesses were and what my managers had said in my latest review. Many of the questions were similar about experiences and how I dealt with them. After that she asked if I had any questions and then went on to tell me more about her store. She told me how particular she is about the people that work for her, how much she valued the staff she already had and did not want to integrate someone that may not be a perfect fit. She made it sound like this interview was merely to cover all her bases and that she had already decided on an in-house candidate from her store. She was very nice but said that she had been through a lot of interviews already and that this was just one more she had to do.

Interview Questions
    • How often had I negatively affected my stores sales goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harriman, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harriman, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Old Navy in March 2010.

Old Navy wants people who are very energetic and driven. They get very personal with you. They want to know who you are outside of work as well. They want to know if you are flexible with hours and have the drive to make results happen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billings, MT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billings, MT

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Old Navy in August 2009.

I was an internal canitdate and applied online. Everything went smoothly until the GM was fired then I had to wait a long time to even get a call back. I finally had an interview with the new store manager and was hired. Love the job and very rewarding career in retail.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Old Navy in October 2011.

The interview process was fairly simple. Lasted about 45 minutes. The store manager at the time was very relaxed and fun guy. Got called in for a 1:1 interview, then had to do 2 phone interviews one with a manager from another store and the other with the district manager. Once passed through, you then have to past a background check.

Interview Questions
    got offered 15.83 tapped out at 18.00 so it was what I was wanting at the time, coming out of College

Operations Manager Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Old Navy in August 2008.

I was an internal associate looking to move into a manager role. The process consists of two interviews, each with a panel of store managers asking deep questions primarily based around realistic situations. The next day my Store manager gave me direct feedback from the process and whether or not I was signed off to move into the position when it opened.

Interview Questions
    • When did you encounter a situation that required you to show integrity for company policies?   View Answer
    Nothing. Internals make less. That's it.

Operations Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Old Navy in January 2008.

I was offered the interview when i spoke to the district manager and revealed my interest for the operations manager position. i received a phone call from the store manager and set up an interview the next day.