Old Navy Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.9

188 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carbondale, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carbondale, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Old Navy.

I was invited for what they call an "audition". It was a group audition and they made it fun. It was really easy to be open and honest. They made me feel.comfortable.

Interview Questions
  • find any item in the store that you love and sell it to me   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Old Navy

Sales Associate Interview

I submitted my application online and within a week I received a phone call to set up a group interview. I went in they asked questions in the group, made us pick out an outfit and really just tried to get you talking

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy in October 2014.

The process took about 3 weeks. I submitted an application on Sept. 16th, and I received a call the following week on the 25th. The person asked me 3 questions: "When is a time you worked in a team?", "What makes you awesome?", and "What is your availability?". I was then invited to come for an 'audition' on the 30th at 3 pm and was told to bring something of importance to me and to come 'dressed to impressed' (basically wear a more dressed up version of something you would wear casually; I wore black jeans, a button-up, and dress shoes).

The audition lasted about an hour. When I got there, there were 7 others waiting too. We were then given a tour of the store and after, we headed to the backroom and the hiring managers told us about Old Navy, some of its history, and then told us about themselves. We were then told to get together and come up with 3 things we all had in common. Afterwards, we began to go around the store and share our stories about the items we brought. After that, we were then told to go out onto the floor and bring back an item that caught our eye during the tour (one that is suitable for the fall season) and to return to the backroom ready to explain why we chose the item. We also had to explain why it was a good item fashion-wise for the fall. After, the floor was open for questions and we were then told that we would be contacted within 2 days. Four days went by and right when I was about to call it quits and admit to myself that I just didn't get the job, I was called by the store manager and set up a one-on-one interview for the following week on the 7th of October.

I was dressed a bit more formal for this interview. I showed up in a yellow dress shirt, dark grey dress pants, and black dress shoes. We went to the backroom and I was given 6 questions. Overall the interview was fairly easy. I looked through my resume and brushed up on my experiences that could help me answer questions. The manager asked: "Why did you choose Old Navy?", "When was a time you had to be a leader?", "Do you prefer being a leader or a part of the group?", "What is a quality of your best friend's that you admire?", "What do you know about Old Navy," and "What is your worst mistake and what did you learn from it?" After the interview, the manager offered me a position and gave me an introductory letter with the hourly wage and the orientation dates.

Overall, my biggest recommendation is to not be afraid of talking with others during the group interview and making sure that your voice is heard (without being obnoxious of course!). Also, for your one on one, prepare by looking back on past experience and also don't be afraid to be a little humorous and smile throughout. They're really looking for personable people with great attitudes and personalities. Having experience (whether work, volunteer, or school/club experience) helps a lot with the questions, but I feel that personality plays just as big of role as (or if not bigger than) experience.

Interview Questions
    • I was most caught off-guard by "do you prefer being a leader or a part of the group?"   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Everything was listed on the offer.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Old Navy.

I applied and a week later got a call back. I had two interviews one with the store manager and the other with another manager. Interview was easy they asked typical retail interview questions. Such as how would you put an outfit together and how would you sell old navy cards.

I didn't negotiate since I had no retail experience

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Old Navy.

First half was pretty run-of-the-mill...talking with the store manager in the break room. She asked some interesting questions, and it felt conversational and relaxed, which was nice. She seemed genuinely interested in my background (art) and then came up with questions using that information about myself. My favorite one was something along the lines of "Tell me about a time that you used your creativity to help someone out with a problem they were having."

Second half was building a full outfit you would sell to a customer and then try and "sell it" to the person interviewing you. Tip: build something that can be "versatile" and wearable in any season, but also "mix-and-matchable" if desired. Make it simple and cute, always add an accessory from Bee-line (their jewelry collection) so they know you really looked around.

Interview Questions
    • They were all pretty laid-back, but I recommend coming in prepared to talk about your interests and how those interests play a role in your work ethic...   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy in August 2014.

I filled out the application online and the next day they called me in for an interview! That girl I interviewed with was very nice and perky so she was super easy going to talk to. I was told I would receive a call within a week to know if I got the job or not. I was warned I would probably get a second interview because she wasn't the manager for the new location and I was completely fine with that! A week passed and no call received. So I called them and talked to the actual manager for the new location come to find out I was never in their record or system! He took my number and said they'd get to me within 24 hours and it's been way more than 24 hours and no call. So I called again and left a message saying I was still interested in the position and wanted a follow up. Very unprofessional.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview with Assistant Manager than Store manager calls you back. Simple questions. Why do you want to work here, do you shop at old navy, etc etc. Very easy interview

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Old Navy.

Only 1 interview with store manager during holiday season. Not a detailed interview, as during the holidays they want as many people working in the store as they can get hired.

No negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scranton, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scranton, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Old Navy.

Process was really quick. Applied online, was called for a group interview with the manager and other applications. A little nerve wracking, but the manager was really laid back and seemed awesome to work for. I was called a couple days later and was offered a job! I loved working there, I only left because I moved away.

Interview Questions
    • Why THIS Old Navy and not that Old Navy (which was about 30 min away)   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Old Navy.

It started as a group interview. There were four additional candidates. We were all given the same questions. If we were picked to go to the second interview, then we were to meet with the assistant manager. The final interview was with the store manager. The process took about a week.

Interview Questions
    • Your average interview questions and scenario questions.   Answer Question