Old Navy Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014

1.9

182 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy in August 2014.

I filled out the application online and the next day they called me in for an interview! That girl I interviewed with was very nice and perky so she was super easy going to talk to. I was told I would receive a call within a week to know if I got the job or not. I was warned I would probably get a second interview because she wasn't the manager for the new location and I was completely fine with that! A week passed and no call received. So I called them and talked to the actual manager for the new location come to find out I was never in their record or system! He took my number and said they'd get to me within 24 hours and it's been way more than 24 hours and no call. So I called again and left a message saying I was still interested in the position and wanted a follow up. Very unprofessional.

Other Interview Reviews for Old Navy

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brown Deer, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brown Deer, WI

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Navy in October 2012.

I applied online. They called me back the next week. I interviewed with an assistant manager and she scheduled a second interview with the store manager. The 2nd one took 10 minutes and I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated for a higher pay and I got it.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Navy.

First half was pretty run-of-the-mill...talking with the store manager in the break room. She asked some interesting questions, and it felt conversational and relaxed, which was nice. She seemed genuinely interested in my background (art) and then came up with questions using that information about myself. My favorite one was something along the lines of "Tell me about a time that you used your creativity to help someone out with a problem they were having."

Second half was building a full outfit you would sell to a customer and then try and "sell it" to the person interviewing you. Tip: build something that can be "versatile" and wearable in any season, but also "mix-and-matchable" if desired. Make it simple and cute, always add an accessory from Bee-line (their jewelry collection) so they know you really looked around.

Interview Questions
    • They were all pretty laid-back, but I recommend coming in prepared to talk about your interests and how those interests play a role in your work ethic...   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Old Navy in August 2010.

First of all, they changed the hiring process. You are now required to go to an "audition." The great thing about this is that you are not asked hard questions. The questions are all about you, and you only. They like to see how you can get along with other people in the audition. So if you are not a people person, or are shy, you probably will not get the job unless your availability is what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • When they call you to come to the audition, they ask what makes you awesome. This may come as a surprise, but it is a general question about yourself, so don't google the answer that you can find on yahoo answers. Think of something creative.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview with Assistant Manager than Store manager calls you back. Simple questions. Why do you want to work here, do you shop at old navy, etc etc. Very easy interview

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Old Navy.

Only 1 interview with store manager during holiday season. Not a detailed interview, as during the holidays they want as many people working in the store as they can get hired.

No negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scranton, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scranton, PA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Navy.

Process was really quick. Applied online, was called for a group interview with the manager and other applications. A little nerve wracking, but the manager was really laid back and seemed awesome to work for. I was called a couple days later and was offered a job! I loved working there, I only left because I moved away.

Interview Questions
    • Why THIS Old Navy and not that Old Navy (which was about 30 min away)   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy in May 2014.

Brief phone interview, group interview where we played games and got to know each other. during this, be sure to know what three things ON is known for (flip flops, denim, and american fllag t-shirts). called me a few days later to set up a second interview. got an email about a week later saying i didn't get the job.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Navy.

It started as a group interview. There were four additional candidates. We were all given the same questions. If we were picked to go to the second interview, then we were to meet with the assistant manager. The final interview was with the store manager. The process took about a week.

Interview Questions
    • Your average interview questions and scenario questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Old Navy.

Really fast, basic questions, got to know me rather than my retail experience. really friendly manager. i got an offer on the spot and had orientation that next week and started on a really busy day.

Interview Questions
    they told you what you were to make. no negotiating

Worked for Old Navy? Contribute to the Community!