Old Navy Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015
Updated Apr 8, 2015

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Old Navy (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Store tour, listening to managers talk about themselves for over 25 minutes. I then sat and waited until the actual store manager was finished interviewing someone else. He called me in and we spoke for less than 10 minutes about setting goals and working on a team. Received an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is something you like and dislike about your current employer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Old Navy

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

There was a paper that called for a job fair while I was working one day, so I went to their hiring event. There were a bunch of people, and one by one we got called back to speak with one of their managers. I was then asked to wait till everyone was done, and had a second interview with their store manager that same day. After that, I was called within a week and offered the position. Training started the next week!

Interview Questions

• They asked me a lot about fashion and client experience. Even though Old Navy use to be focused more on school uniforms, they are very passionate about fashion and trends now and trying to break into that sector of the industry.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was my first job in retail so they offered me an hourly wage and I accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

Entire hiring process took 2 weeks. Applied got called back a few days later for a group interview. Standard interview questions. Nothing difficult. Was scheduled a second interview for a Thurs.(Very brief interview be ready to sale your outfit) was offered a position and was invited back for orientation for Sun.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Easy interview. Be competent and know customer service. The interview consisted of your typical questions, why you wild want to work there. I went for a cash handler. They want to know some basic competency to see if you are capable of dealing with large amounts of cash.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be friendly and knowledgable about the company

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Old Navy (Savannah, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was called a few days later, they told me to bring something that defines me. it was a group interview, with general questions pretty straight forward. Everyone was very friendly, awesome environment.

Interview Questions

• To pick out an item and to try to sell it to them   1 Answer

Negotiation

At the end of the interview they said if you don't get a call by Monday that means you didn't get the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

Went to an group interview where there were 6 of us , we talk about ourself & then the manager sent us to the floor to get a piece of clothing and try to sell it to the group . 2 days later got called for an one to one interview with another manager asked me a few questions and then told me I was hired how much i was going to get paid & the dress code & told me they calling me back when they do a background check on me which it takes about a week .

Interview Questions

• How i work in a group situation ?
      What nakes me awesome?
      My availability ?
      Why Im a good candidate for old navy ?

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Old Navy (Carbondale, IL).

Interview

I was invited for what they call an "audition". It was a group audition and they made it fun. It was really easy to be open and honest. They made me feel.comfortable.

Interview Questions

• find any item in the store that you love and sell it to me   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy (Tucson, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

The process took about 3 weeks. I submitted an application on Sept. 16th, and I received a call the following week on the 25th. The person asked me 3 questions: "When is a time you worked in a team?", "What makes you awesome?", and "What is your availability?". I was then invited to come for an 'audition' on the 30th at 3 pm and was told to bring something of importance to me and to come 'dressed to impressed' (basically wear a more dressed up version of something you would wear casually; I wore black jeans, a button-up, and dress shoes).

The audition lasted about an hour. When I got there, there were 7 others waiting too. We were then given a tour of the store and after, we headed to the backroom and the hiring managers told us about Old Navy, some of its history, and then told us about themselves. We were then told to get together and come up with 3 things we all had in common. Afterwards, we began to go around the store and share our stories about the items we brought. After that, we were then told to go out onto the floor and bring back an item that caught our eye during the tour (one that is suitable for the fall season) and to return to the backroom ready to explain why we chose the item. We also had to explain why it was a good item fashion-wise for the fall. After, the floor was open for questions and we were then told that we would be contacted within 2 days. Four days went by and right when I was about to call it quits and admit to myself that I just didn't get the job, I was called by the store manager and set up a one-on-one interview for the following week on the 7th of October.

I was dressed a bit more formal for this interview. I showed up in a yellow dress shirt, dark grey dress pants, and black dress shoes. We went to the backroom and I was given 6 questions. Overall the interview was fairly easy. I looked through my resume and brushed up on my experiences that could help me answer questions. The manager asked: "Why did you choose Old Navy?", "When was a time you had to be a leader?", "Do you prefer being a leader or a part of the group?", "What is a quality of your best friend's that you admire?", "What do you know about Old Navy," and "What is your worst mistake and what did you learn from it?" After the interview, the manager offered me a position and gave me an introductory letter with the hourly wage and the orientation dates.

Overall, my biggest recommendation is to not be afraid of talking with others during the group interview and making sure that your voice is heard (without being obnoxious of course!). Also, for your one on one, prepare by looking back on past experience and also don't be afraid to be a little humorous and smile throughout. They're really looking for personable people with great attitudes and personalities. Having experience (whether work, volunteer, or school/club experience) helps a lot with the questions, but I feel that personality plays just as big of role as (or if not bigger than) experience.

Interview Questions

• I was most caught off-guard by "do you prefer being a leader or a part of the group?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Everything was listed on the offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I submitted my application online and within a week I received a phone call to set up a group interview. I went in they asked questions in the group, made us pick out an outfit and really just tried to get you talking

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy in October 2014.

Interview

This hiring process is different than any other process you've ever been on.
    1. Group interview: including picking an outfit that they most likely will give you the event for ..
    For example; I had to pick an outfit for a girls birthday party.
    You might have to sell an item to them, and participate in more fun group stuff..
    It's cool, and you almost forget it's an interview. However, the process takes 3 weeks.

Negotiation

Can't negotiate.