Old Navy Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

I applied online, and a few days later one of the managers called to set up my interview, which turned into a brief phone interview. I wasn't expecting it at all, even though they were pretty typical questions. The standout question that made me laugh was "what makes you YOU?" because it was so out of the blue. They also asked about previous work experiences, something cool that I was involved in, and they typical why do we want to work at Old Navy? A few days after that I went for an in-person interview, which turned out to be in a group. I thought it was going to be one-on-one so this confused me. We also had to bring an object that "represents us" (I brought in a travel book), as well as get to know the other candidates. We all had to pair up and find something that we had in common, which was nice but also strange. Then we had to run around the store and pick out an outfit that fit the current Old Navy look. The group interview ended with us folding a table. I'm not even joking. Again, a few days later, I came in for a one-on-one with the store manager where he basically just walked me around the store and told me all the information that I already knew. I could ask questions, but at this point I knew I pretty much had the job. A day or two after that I got the official "we want you" call, where they told me my wage and when I could start training. Overall, it was a nice and pretty painless interview process, but it was a little unorganized and the group thing threw me for a few seconds.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Old Navy?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Old Navy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy (Dublin, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Got a phone call where the manager asked about why I wanted to work at Old Navy and about my availability. This lasted about 5 minutes. We set up a group interview on the next business day where the manager had us talk about ourselves for about a minute each. She told us about the store history, dress code, etc.. Each of us then had to pick out an outfit for a given scenario. The manager mentioned that she liked how I picked out accessories in addition to clothing. She dismissed us and said she would call within the next couple days. Two days later, I got a call saying I got the job. Altogether I answered about 3 different questions; much easier than I expected.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Old Navy?   1 Answer
    • Where do you get inspiration for fashion and where do you like to shop?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Old Navy (Fayetteville, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

i applied online and a week later got a call on a Tuesday to come in for a interview. Went in walked around then interviewed with the manager. It was a group interview. It was one of the funnest interviews I ever had.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a group interview and it was 2 parts. The first part deals with activities and sharing an item that decribes us. The second part was like the real interview where I met with the other manager and she interviewed me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Old Navy (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was okay never had a group interview. I was a lil scared and shy . but other then that it turned out okay. Meet some new people .. Meet all the mangers. And came out my lil shell.. Its alot of stuff I didn't know about old navy.. Old navy have a lot gone on. I like how they have they own style ..it's a big company. I didn't know about the banana are gap was all together.. That's what shock me.. But I love working for this big company

Negotiation

,n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheaton, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy (Wheaton, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I enjoyed the interview process at old navy very much. I applied through the Gap Inc. website and received a call within a few days. The woman on the phone asked me a few questions such as: Why do you want to work for Old Navy? How did you hear about the job? What makes you awesome? What was a time when you interacted with someone different than yourself? What is the best team you have ever been apart of? What was a time when you disagreed with someone and how did you resolve the conflict? What is your availability? And maybe a few others. We talked for 5 minutes so it was actually pretty quick but I was nervous so it felt a lot longer. After asking me questions she invited me to join in a group "audition" a few days later. She asked me to come dresses as if I was already working at Old Navy and to bring an item that represents me. When I got to the group interview there were 7 of us total standing awkwardly in the men's section of the store where not many customers go. After waiting a few minutes the asst. manager and another employee came out and greeted us. The first thing we did was find a partner, introduce ourselves and find three things in common. Then we shared the three things we had found. Next, they gave us a tour of the store. Once we were in the back room, the manager asked if we knew anything about Old Navy and then told us a little of the history. Next they both told us why they enjoy working at old navy and it seemed like they genuinely enjoy it. After that we presented the items we brought with us. Make sure the item you bring shows some good qualities you have that are easily applicable to the job and explain what those are. After that they told us to go around the store and put together an outfit and when we came back we explained why we put the items together, why we like it, where it could be worn, etc. Nothing complicated, just pick a cute outfit that you genuinely like. The last thing we did was ask questions of the employee without the manager there. It was a good opportunity to ask questions without feeling stupid in front of the manager. About a week later I received a call from a different manager asking me to come in for the second part of the interview. To me, it seemed like the third part of a long process but they can call it whatever they want. I went in for a typical one on one interview with a manager where she asked a few questions like: What did you learn from the group audition? Did you learn anything about the company? What made you want to apply to old navy? Why do you think old navy would be a good fit for you? What was a time you went above and beyond without being asked to? What activities are you involved in (I had no previous job experience, or she probably would have asked about that) What 3 things do you hope to gain by working here? What would someone who knows you well say about you? What can your future boss do to motivate you? What kind of people do you like? There were probably a few more that I am forgetting. Then we talked about my availability again and she informed me that all employees are expected to work at least some part of all the major holidays and days like Black Friday. Then she offered me the job! Yay! I had a great experience and I am so excited to start working.

Interview Questions

• What was the best team you have been a part of?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

It was supposed to be a "group interview" of two, the other person not showing up. I got to the store and was sent to the manager's office where we were introduced and then led out to the store. I was asked to bring in something I was passionate about and we just discussed that and then asked the act out an employee-customer situation where I would have to help a costumer choose an outfit, simple.

Interview Questions

• Do you know other companies ran by the same as Old Navy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Old Navy (Greensboro, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back several months later. Honestly, I had forgot I had even applied there. The manager was really nice. My interview was only with one other person because someone didn't show up. However, the manager had a lot of interviews that she was doing. She asked some questions then made us go pick out an outfit for someone. For example she made me pick out an outfit for my mom. We then had to show her and another lady the outfit. The other lady was not very friendly. Afterwords the manager said she would call us in two weeks to let us know whether we got the job or not. After about a week I got a call wanting me to do an interview. When I said I had already been to one she apologized and said she meant to call someone else. She said she would call me back the next week with an answer. She never called back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy (Huntsville, AL) in April 2015.

Interview

I initially thought that the interview would be individual, but to my surprise it was a group interview. I enjoyed it because I did not have to be as nervous as I would be alone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

They have you pick outfits for a certain event and they ask you about the company and the things they value. They tell you about the other companies like the gap. You pick a outfit for yourself. Then if you did good in the interview they will ask you to stay for a second interview