Old Navy

Average Difficulty
180 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Brown Deer, WI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Navy in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online. They called me back the next week. I interviewed with an assistant manager and she scheduled a second interview with the store manager. The 2nd one took 10 minutes and I was offered the position.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Old Navy?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated for a higher pay and I got it.

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – First half was pretty run-of-the-mill...talking with the store manager in the break room. She asked some interesting questions, and it felt conversational and relaxed, which was nice. She seemed genuinely interested in my background (art) and then came up with questions using that information about myself. My favorite one was something along the lines of "Tell me about a time that you used your creativity to help someone out with a problem they were having."

Second half was building a full outfit you would sell to a customer and then try and "sell it" to the person interviewing you. Tip: build something that can be "versatile" and wearable in any season, but also "mix-and-matchable" if desired. Make it simple and cute, always add an accessory from Bee-line (their jewelry collection) so they know you really looked around.

Interview Question – They were all pretty laid-back, but I recommend coming in prepared to talk about your interests and how those interests play a role in your work ethic...   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Old Navy in August 2010.

Interview Details – First of all, they changed the hiring process. You are now required to go to an "audition." The great thing about this is that you are not asked hard questions. The questions are all about you, and you only. They like to see how you can get along with other people in the audition. So if you are not a people person, or are shy, you probably will not get the job unless your availability is what they are looking for.

Interview Question – When they call you to come to the audition, they ask what makes you awesome. This may come as a surprise, but it is a general question about yourself, so don't google the answer that you can find on yahoo answers. Think of something creative.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Old Navy

Interview Details – Interview with Assistant Manager than Store manager calls you back. Simple questions. Why do you want to work here, do you shop at old navy, etc etc. Very easy interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – Only 1 interview with store manager during holiday season. Not a detailed interview, as during the holidays they want as many people working in the store as they can get hired.

Interview Question – How do you think you can make Old Navy better?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase.

Scranton, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – Process was really quick. Applied online, was called for a group interview with the manager and other applications. A little nerve wracking, but the manager was really laid back and seemed awesome to work for. I was called a couple days later and was offered a job! I loved working there, I only left because I moved away.

Interview Question – Why THIS Old Navy and not that Old Navy (which was about 30 min away)   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy in May 2014.

Interview Details – Brief phone interview, group interview where we played games and got to know each other. during this, be sure to know what three things ON is known for (flip flops, denim, and american fllag t-shirts). called me a few days later to set up a second interview. got an email about a week later saying i didn't get the job.

Interview Question – what makes you awesome?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – It started as a group interview. There were four additional candidates. We were all given the same questions. If we were picked to go to the second interview, then we were to meet with the assistant manager. The final interview was with the store manager. The process took about a week.

Interview Question – Your average interview questions and scenario questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – Really fast, basic questions, got to know me rather than my retail experience. really friendly manager. i got an offer on the spot and had orientation that next week and started on a really busy day.

Interview Question – wasnt one   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they told you what you were to make. no negotiating

Sugar Land, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Navy in May 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted an application online and received a call within 15 minutes. There was an initial phone screening, which was mostly basic questions to get a feel for your personality; this took about 10 minutes. At the end of it, I was invited to attend group auditions the following week.

The audition was your basic group interview, with me and three other girls. They try to emphasize making it fun, which is why they call it an audition instead of an interview, so we played a few nonsense games. It's all about showing off your personality, so they're looking for big, bright extroverts, mostly. It also included a tour of the store's departments, and the final test was the sales portion. We were given a situation and location, and you're asked to build an outfit from head to toe all from store merchandise and sell it to them. Use lots of descriptive words and be enthusiastic!

After the interview, I received a call a couple days later asking me to come in once more and speak with the assistant store manager, which only took about 5 minutes, and he offered me the position.

Interview Question – Tell us about three things that make you awesome.   View Answer

Worked for Old Navy? Contribute to the Community!