Old Navy Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Old Navy (Fayetteville, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

i applied online and a week later got a call on a Tuesday to come in for a interview. Went in walked around then interviewed with the manager. It was a group interview. It was one of the funnest interviews I ever had.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Old Navy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a group interview and it was 2 parts. The first part deals with activities and sharing an item that decribes us. The second part was like the real interview where I met with the other manager and she interviewed me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheaton, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy (Wheaton, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I enjoyed the interview process at old navy very much. I applied through the Gap Inc. website and received a call within a few days. The woman on the phone asked me a few questions such as: Why do you want to work for Old Navy? How did you hear about the job? What makes you awesome? What was a time when you interacted with someone different than yourself? What is the best team you have ever been apart of? What was a time when you disagreed with someone and how did you resolve the conflict? What is your availability? And maybe a few others. We talked for 5 minutes so it was actually pretty quick but I was nervous so it felt a lot longer. After asking me questions she invited me to join in a group "audition" a few days later. She asked me to come dresses as if I was already working at Old Navy and to bring an item that represents me. When I got to the group interview there were 7 of us total standing awkwardly in the men's section of the store where not many customers go. After waiting a few minutes the asst. manager and another employee came out and greeted us. The first thing we did was find a partner, introduce ourselves and find three things in common. Then we shared the three things we had found. Next, they gave us a tour of the store. Once we were in the back room, the manager asked if we knew anything about Old Navy and then told us a little of the history. Next they both told us why they enjoy working at old navy and it seemed like they genuinely enjoy it. After that we presented the items we brought with us. Make sure the item you bring shows some good qualities you have that are easily applicable to the job and explain what those are. After that they told us to go around the store and put together an outfit and when we came back we explained why we put the items together, why we like it, where it could be worn, etc. Nothing complicated, just pick a cute outfit that you genuinely like. The last thing we did was ask questions of the employee without the manager there. It was a good opportunity to ask questions without feeling stupid in front of the manager. About a week later I received a call from a different manager asking me to come in for the second part of the interview. To me, it seemed like the third part of a long process but they can call it whatever they want. I went in for a typical one on one interview with a manager where she asked a few questions like: What did you learn from the group audition? Did you learn anything about the company? What made you want to apply to old navy? Why do you think old navy would be a good fit for you? What was a time you went above and beyond without being asked to? What activities are you involved in (I had no previous job experience, or she probably would have asked about that) What 3 things do you hope to gain by working here? What would someone who knows you well say about you? What can your future boss do to motivate you? What kind of people do you like? There were probably a few more that I am forgetting. Then we talked about my availability again and she informed me that all employees are expected to work at least some part of all the major holidays and days like Black Friday. Then she offered me the job! Yay! I had a great experience and I am so excited to start working.

Interview Questions

• What was the best team you have been a part of?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

It was supposed to be a "group interview" of two, the other person not showing up. I got to the store and was sent to the manager's office where we were introduced and then led out to the store. I was asked to bring in something I was passionate about and we just discussed that and then asked the act out an employee-customer situation where I would have to help a costumer choose an outfit, simple.

Interview Questions

• Do you know other companies ran by the same as Old Navy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Old Navy (Greensboro, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back several months later. Honestly, I had forgot I had even applied there. The manager was really nice. My interview was only with one other person because someone didn't show up. However, the manager had a lot of interviews that she was doing. She asked some questions then made us go pick out an outfit for someone. For example she made me pick out an outfit for my mom. We then had to show her and another lady the outfit. The other lady was not very friendly. Afterwords the manager said she would call us in two weeks to let us know whether we got the job or not. After about a week I got a call wanting me to do an interview. When I said I had already been to one she apologized and said she meant to call someone else. She said she would call me back the next week with an answer. She never called back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy (Huntsville, AL) in April 2015.

Interview

I initially thought that the interview would be individual, but to my surprise it was a group interview. I enjoyed it because I did not have to be as nervous as I would be alone.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Old Navy (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Store tour, listening to managers talk about themselves for over 25 minutes. I then sat and waited until the actual store manager was finished interviewing someone else. He called me in and we spoke for less than 10 minutes about setting goals and working on a team. Received an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is something you like and dislike about your current employer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

There was a paper that called for a job fair while I was working one day, so I went to their hiring event. There were a bunch of people, and one by one we got called back to speak with one of their managers. I was then asked to wait till everyone was done, and had a second interview with their store manager that same day. After that, I was called within a week and offered the position. Training started the next week!

Interview Questions

• They asked me a lot about fashion and client experience. Even though Old Navy use to be focused more on school uniforms, they are very passionate about fashion and trends now and trying to break into that sector of the industry.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was my first job in retail so they offered me an hourly wage and I accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

Entire hiring process took 2 weeks. Applied got called back a few days later for a group interview. Standard interview questions. Nothing difficult. Was scheduled a second interview for a Thurs.(Very brief interview be ready to sale your outfit) was offered a position and was invited back for orientation for Sun.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Easy interview. Be competent and know customer service. The interview consisted of your typical questions, why you wild want to work there. I went for a cash handler. They want to know some basic competency to see if you are capable of dealing with large amounts of cash.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be friendly and knowledgable about the company