Old Navy

Average Difficulty
177 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Old Navy in August 2010.

Interview Details – First of all, they changed the hiring process. You are now required to go to an "audition." The great thing about this is that you are not asked hard questions. The questions are all about you, and you only. They like to see how you can get along with other people in the audition. So if you are not a people person, or are shy, you probably will not get the job unless your availability is what they are looking for.

Interview Question – When they call you to come to the audition, they ask what makes you awesome. This may come as a surprise, but it is a general question about yourself, so don't google the answer that you can find on yahoo answers. Think of something creative.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Old Navy

Interview Details – Interview with Assistant Manager than Store manager calls you back. Simple questions. Why do you want to work here, do you shop at old navy, etc etc. Very easy interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – Only 1 interview with store manager during holiday season. Not a detailed interview, as during the holidays they want as many people working in the store as they can get hired.

Interview Question – How do you think you can make Old Navy better?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase.

Scranton, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – Process was really quick. Applied online, was called for a group interview with the manager and other applications. A little nerve wracking, but the manager was really laid back and seemed awesome to work for. I was called a couple days later and was offered a job! I loved working there, I only left because I moved away.

Interview Question – Why THIS Old Navy and not that Old Navy (which was about 30 min away)   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy in May 2014.

Interview Details – Brief phone interview, group interview where we played games and got to know each other. during this, be sure to know what three things ON is known for (flip flops, denim, and american fllag t-shirts). called me a few days later to set up a second interview. got an email about a week later saying i didn't get the job.

Interview Question – what makes you awesome?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – It started as a group interview. There were four additional candidates. We were all given the same questions. If we were picked to go to the second interview, then we were to meet with the assistant manager. The final interview was with the store manager. The process took about a week.

Interview Question – Your average interview questions and scenario questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – Really fast, basic questions, got to know me rather than my retail experience. really friendly manager. i got an offer on the spot and had orientation that next week and started on a really busy day.

Interview Question – wasnt one   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they told you what you were to make. no negotiating

Sugar Land, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Navy in May 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted an application online and received a call within 15 minutes. There was an initial phone screening, which was mostly basic questions to get a feel for your personality; this took about 10 minutes. At the end of it, I was invited to attend group auditions the following week.

The audition was your basic group interview, with me and three other girls. They try to emphasize making it fun, which is why they call it an audition instead of an interview, so we played a few nonsense games. It's all about showing off your personality, so they're looking for big, bright extroverts, mostly. It also included a tour of the store's departments, and the final test was the sales portion. We were given a situation and location, and you're asked to build an outfit from head to toe all from store merchandise and sell it to them. Use lots of descriptive words and be enthusiastic!

After the interview, I received a call a couple days later asking me to come in once more and speak with the assistant store manager, which only took about 5 minutes, and he offered me the position.

Interview Question – Tell us about three things that make you awesome.   View Answer

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – Filled out online application, got a call for a phone interview and went in for group interview. Phone interview was straightforward and introductory, just to see if you could maintain decent conversation. Group interview was held in back room. It was almost classroom style with hand raising and such. There were several occasions in which the interviewer seemed to be baiting for a wrong answer, and a couple of my fellow interviewees fell for it. In my opinion it wasn't too hard to detect, mainly stuck with asking a supervisor for advice or putting the customer first.

Interview Question – What would you do when you think a customer is shoplifting? Which celebrity is your style inspiration and why? The rest were basic in the way of job interviews or team building   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Sat down, set up schedule. It was very simple. Supervisors are friendly.

New York, NY

I applied in-person - interviewed at Old Navy in June 2010.

Interview Details – When they interviewed me it was in three rounds. I first met with one person, then I had group interview with other potential employees. We sat in a circle and they asked a question and we had to raise our hands to answer... similar to school.

Interview Question – If someone litteraly runs up to you and say "I need a bathroom!", how would you answer?   View Answers (2)

Worked for Old Navy? Contribute to the Community!