Old Navy

2.2

39 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brunswick, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brunswick, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Old Navy in November 2014.

The interview was very different from any I have experienced before. I first received a phone interview and after that was over I was scheduled for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was called an "audition" and instead of answering questions in an office, where it was more one-on-one, I was out on the sales floor the entire time. When I was on the sales floor during my interview, I was asked to go pick my favorite article off the floor and bring it back and explain why it is my favorite. After that, I was told to go find a customer on the floor and ask if they needed any help. Then the interview was over. A very easy interview, but did not seem to focus on my actual knowledge of anything. During the interview, I was not told if I would be a seasonal hire, part-time hire or what my pay would be. I was only set up to come back for orientation. During orientation I filled out basic paperwork in the break room.

Interview Questions
  • The entire interview was unexpected as I was never once asked any questions, I only went around the sales floor doing different tasks.   Answer Question
I was given an offer for a position, but all that I was told is the pay would be "a little more than minimum wage". I attempted to negotiate during my orientation, but they told me that their offer was nonnegotiable. Advice to others is to make sure that when an offer is made during the interview portion, make sure you know the exact dollar amount and try to negotiate the offer then instead of during paperwork.

Other Interview Reviews for Old Navy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Old Navy in October 2014.

I applied online and then the next day I received a phone call from a manager asking me to join in their group interview.

Group interview in the store. Very easy and relaxing. The hiring manager only picks the "qualified" candidates based on the hours that they can provide during the week. I got the offer after the first interview but I declined it because I found out the workers there don't get to leave work until 12 am or even later....when it comes to busy Friday, weekends, (or holidays). The best that they can leave work as early as 11pm or 11:30pm to clean up/sock up the whole store. The store manager said it is very normal to leave work so late because there are a lot of work to be done even the store closes at 9pm. She said some employees don't leave work until 3-4 am during Thanksgiving or X'mas or other major shopping seasons.

Interview Questions
    • What style of clothing do you like to wear?   View Answer

I got the job offer ($9.50/hr) on the next day after the group interview. Next day I went to the orientation and got some paper works done. I got my employee id#...The manager seems like a friendly lady but she wanted me to work very late (pass 12 am) almost every night of the week, She didn't seem happy when I told her I wouldn't be able to work every night pass 11 pm or 12 am. Usually people would sleep before 11;30pm, I don't think I can handle the night shift that "late" so after a day of thinking, on the next day I called in to quit. I don't want to waste their time to train me to become a register....

The pay is only a little bit more than minimum wage ($9) and I value my health over $$. The Old Navy stores policy also requires workers to sell their credit card to customers and there is no commission for those who are hard working...so that is my second reason why I decided to quit as well. The Gap discount policy for employees technically only good for 1 person use.

(If the hourly wage were paid 1 & an half extra hourly (or $14.50/hr) for night shift/after store hour or seasonal hours; that might attract or retain ppl to stay in retail industry longer.) I see there are many brand name stores can't get enough seasonal workers...while the pay still so low without benefits.

I applied online – interviewed at Old Navy.

Group interview. It was fun. We played games which made it a more casual feel and not as stuffy as a regular interview. There were several games that were played but the one that was most fun for me was when we rolled the dice of clothes and had to pick out an outfit around that item of clothing.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really any question that was too difficult.   Answer Question

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

It is a group interview that held early afternoon with a manager. It's called a audition not a interview and there can be up to 8 people in a interview. A few games to test on leadership, ability to follow direction, individuality, integrity and enthusiasm.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked to name 3 words or phases to describe yourself.   View Answer

I applied online – interviewed at Old Navy.

First I received a call from the stores assist store manager telling me to come into the store for an interview the following week. My first interview was held in the stock room office in the back of the store, and was with the stores hiring manager. Once the interview was completed, I then was told that I would interview with the store manager next at the end of the week and that it would be my final interview. I met the store manager at weeks end and it was about a 30 min interview asking me about myself and my morals and such, and after that I was offered the job.

I applied online – interviewed at Old Navy.

A week after I put in my application, I got a call asking to go in for an audition. For audition, I had to dress like I was going to work. It consisted of different activities and you were in a group of people. Then I got a call two days later for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me about my bestfriend and then asked for a characteristic that they had, that I wish I did.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange Park, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange Park, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Old Navy in July 2014.

I applied online for the job at indeed.com. I have no experience whatsoever in retail or anything but I still applied. This is the best site to look for jobs. And they posted their job a day ago so I applied for it and the next day they called me. When they call you they do like a little 2 minute phone interview "Tell me a little about yourself" "Why do you want this job" and then they tell you your interview date and the stuff to bring. I think it also helped that I was 18. Their interviews were group interviews it was a lot of fun, and carefree hard to be nervous. First they ask you questions around the circle (you get the same questions) they weren't that hard, some were fun even, then you do activities i.e. picking out clothes for certain people they split you up in groups. I wore a nice white blouse with black pants. No Jeans!! Just dress nicely not too casually. And a day or two later they will call you if you got the job and if not, they will email you. I was excited to know I got the job:).

Interview Questions
    Make sure you look them in they eye, and don't be afraid to ask questions if you're not sure about something. They will tell you that. And just have fun. And try to speak so they can hear you otherwise they will think you will be too shy to encounter customers.

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy.

Old Navy was having open auditions which are basically open interviews. I went in, and there were around 20 other people there so the interviewer split us into two groups and made the first group answer some questions and the second group pick out an outfit for their mother or father. She then made us switch. It was an easy, lighthearted, and fun interview. I then got a call from the manager the next day, asking me to come in for a one on one interview. I met with her, and she asked me some basic questions like who is your biggest inspiration, etc. I haven't gotten a call back so I'm guessing I didn't get the job.

I applied online – interviewed at Old Navy.

Group interview - very informal and relaxed. Hard to not repeat answers or have yours repeated by someone else since the questions were basic. Didn't take long to know if you were in the running. There wasn't a second interview either. If you got the job, they just called and offered it.

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Old Navy.

was called in a few days after i submitted my application online and went in the store to hand in a resume and introduce myself. i was asked to bring something i was passionate about because we would be talking about it. it was a group interview, and most of the interview was the two managers telling the candidates about the company and asking a few trivia-like questions, such as 'do you know what the 94 you see all across the store is, stands for?'. it didn't appear that these questions bore any weight on the interviewee, it seemed more like a way of breaking the ice. the atmosphere was fun and everyone was really nice. we left the interview, and were told we would be receiving news 'sooner than we think'.

Interview Questions
    • there was only one question that was asked to me specifically, and it was how i thought i could apply what i was passionate about to the store.   Answer Question

i accepted a position with another store that i was more interested in working in.