Old Navy

Average Difficulty
33 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Navy in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online for the seasonal position during the holidays by completing an online application. Within two days, I received a phone call from the hiring department to schedule for an interview. Scheduling for the interview was very flexible, so I picked the day there was no school. On the day of the interview, I rang the door bell and someone came out to led me into their office. I was greeted by an women who was the person interviewing me. She appeared to be welcoming, friendly, and understanding. She asked me questions regarding experience, human relations, and work flexibility. I also had a chance to tell her my preference about what section of the store I liked to work. I informed her of my preference, and she told me a manager from that section would come to greet me. After the interview, I was told to wait on the bench outside her room for the manager from unloading section. Then after like five minutes, this manger came and introduced himself to me. I think his name might be Alan. He did not seem as nice as the interview person. Before going to the unloading section, I was told to leave and check in my backpack at the employee closet. Then he took me to the unloading section on the bottom floor of the store. He introduced me to some people and told me to take out and open boxes of merchandise, unwrap the plastic package, sort out items, and hang them on the clothes rack. I did what he required me to do. The employees there also seemed pretty easy to get along with. I performed the duties as he required to the best of my capabilities. Two hours later, he came back and told me to follow him to retrieve my belongings. He told me that was very focused on the job and someone would call me in the next three days if I got hired. Before I could leave the store, I had to let them look into my backpack.

In the next few days, I waited for them to contact me to tell me that I was hired. I was pretty confident that I would get hired because I thought I did well in the interview and they assigned me work for two hours. Unfortunately, I did not get a call from them and did not get hired. That two hours in the unloading section seemed to be a work performance evaluation.. Although there appeared to be other reasons, I could only presume that they thought my work performance on that day did not meet their expectations. In my opinion, I think I should at least have got compensated for that two hours of labor.

Interview Question – All are typical questions at a job interview with similar position. But I have some challenge answering this question: how would you react if a co-worker is complaining about their job?   View Answer

Orange Park, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Old Navy in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online for the job at indeed.com. I have no experience whatsoever in retail or anything but I still applied. This is the best site to look for jobs. And they posted their job a day ago so I applied for it and the next day they called me. When they call you they do like a little 2 minute phone interview "Tell me a little about yourself" "Why do you want this job" and then they tell you your interview date and the stuff to bring. I think it also helped that I was 18. Their interviews were group interviews it was a lot of fun, and carefree hard to be nervous. First they ask you questions around the circle (you get the same questions) they weren't that hard, some were fun even, then you do activities i.e. picking out clothes for certain people they split you up in groups. I wore a nice white blouse with black pants. No Jeans!! Just dress nicely not too casually. And a day or two later they will call you if you got the job and if not, they will email you. I was excited to know I got the job:).

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Make sure you look them in they eye, and don't be afraid to ask questions if you're not sure about something. They will tell you that. And just have fun. And try to speak so they can hear you otherwise they will think you will be too shy to encounter customers.

I applied online and interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – First I received a call from the stores assist store manager telling me to come into the store for an interview the following week. My first interview was held in the stock room office in the back of the store, and was with the stores hiring manager. Once the interview was completed, I then was told that I would interview with the store manager next at the end of the week and that it would be my final interview. I met the store manager at weeks end and it was about a 30 min interview asking me about myself and my morals and such, and after that I was offered the job.

Interview Question – Who do you believe our biggest competitors are?   Answer Question

I applied online and interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – A week after I put in my application, I got a call asking to go in for an audition. For audition, I had to dress like I was going to work. It consisted of different activities and you were in a group of people. Then I got a call two days later for an interview.

Interview Question – They asked me about my bestfriend and then asked for a characteristic that they had, that I wish I did.   Answer Question

Old Navy Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Old Navy in October 2011.

Interview Details – You apply online, it's a good idea to apply then go in the store and introduce yourself to the hiring manager or store manager. You'll get a call to come in for a group interview, if you don't get a call within a month I recommend you call the store. The interviews are typically group interviews, which aren't as intimidating as you think. They'll show you the floor and have you work on the floor. You'll also be asked questions as a group, try to be as creative as possible, not generic. Communicating with customers is key, if you're folding clothes the whole time and not recognizing the customers, don't expect to get the job.

Interview Question – Questions have changed since I got hired but I remember being asked to 'sell' an item to the managers that were interviewing me. Also to explain how I solved a problem in a previous job, if you didn't have a previous job you could always talk about a club, internship, volunteering, etc.   Answer Question

Old Navy Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – Old Navy was having open auditions which are basically open interviews. I went in, and there were around 20 other people there so the interviewer split us into two groups and made the first group answer some questions and the second group pick out an outfit for their mother or father. She then made us switch. It was an easy, lighthearted, and fun interview. I then got a call from the manager the next day, asking me to come in for a one on one interview. I met with her, and she asked me some basic questions like who is your biggest inspiration, etc. I haven't gotten a call back so I'm guessing I didn't get the job.

Interview Question – None of the questions were that difficult.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Old Navy Interview

Sales Associate Old Navy

I applied online and interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – Group interview - very informal and relaxed. Hard to not repeat answers or have yours repeated by someone else since the questions were basic. Didn't take long to know if you were in the running. There wasn't a second interview either. If you got the job, they just called and offered it.

Interview Question – How do you handle dress?   Answer Question

Old Navy Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – was called in a few days after i submitted my application online and went in the store to hand in a resume and introduce myself. i was asked to bring something i was passionate about because we would be talking about it. it was a group interview, and most of the interview was the two managers telling the candidates about the company and asking a few trivia-like questions, such as 'do you know what the 94 you see all across the store is, stands for?'. it didn't appear that these questions bore any weight on the interviewee, it seemed more like a way of breaking the ice. the atmosphere was fun and everyone was really nice. we left the interview, and were told we would be receiving news 'sooner than we think'.

Interview Question – there was only one question that was asked to me specifically, and it was how i thought i could apply what i was passionate about to the store.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – i accepted a position with another store that i was more interested in working in.

Old Navy Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Old Navy in November 2011.

Interview Details – All interviews were done same day at one location. There are both group and one on one interviews. The interviewing and training process is very streamlined. I had a great time with it and you will too.

Interview Question – Most difficult question asked was when I had to pitch to a manager as if they were the customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiations. I was told what my hourly rate would be take it or leave it.

Culver City, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied. Got a call 2 weeks later exactly. Went in and it was a group interview. We went in the back room they asked questions we picked out an outfit. I called them a week later and they never called back.

Interview Question – They asked us to describe our bedroom to them.   View Answer

Worked for Old Navy? Contribute to the Community!