Old Navy Sales Associate Old Navy Interview Questions

2.2

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Old Navy Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Old Navy.

Group interview. It was fun. We played games which made it a more casual feel and not as stuffy as a regular interview. There were several games that were played but the one that was most fun for me was when we rolled the dice of clothes and had to pick out an outfit around that item of clothing.

Interview Questions
  • There wasn't really any question that was too difficult.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Old Navy

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

It is a group interview that held early afternoon with a manager. It's called a audition not a interview and there can be up to 8 people in a interview. A few games to test on leadership, ability to follow direction, individuality, integrity and enthusiasm.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked to name 3 words or phases to describe yourself.   View Answer

I applied online – interviewed at Old Navy.

First I received a call from the stores assist store manager telling me to come into the store for an interview the following week. My first interview was held in the stock room office in the back of the store, and was with the stores hiring manager. Once the interview was completed, I then was told that I would interview with the store manager next at the end of the week and that it would be my final interview. I met the store manager at weeks end and it was about a 30 min interview asking me about myself and my morals and such, and after that I was offered the job.

I applied online – interviewed at Old Navy.

A week after I put in my application, I got a call asking to go in for an audition. For audition, I had to dress like I was going to work. It consisted of different activities and you were in a group of people. Then I got a call two days later for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me about my bestfriend and then asked for a characteristic that they had, that I wish I did.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange Park, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange Park, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Old Navy in July 2014.

I applied online for the job at indeed.com. I have no experience whatsoever in retail or anything but I still applied. This is the best site to look for jobs. And they posted their job a day ago so I applied for it and the next day they called me. When they call you they do like a little 2 minute phone interview "Tell me a little about yourself" "Why do you want this job" and then they tell you your interview date and the stuff to bring. I think it also helped that I was 18. Their interviews were group interviews it was a lot of fun, and carefree hard to be nervous. First they ask you questions around the circle (you get the same questions) they weren't that hard, some were fun even, then you do activities i.e. picking out clothes for certain people they split you up in groups. I wore a nice white blouse with black pants. No Jeans!! Just dress nicely not too casually. And a day or two later they will call you if you got the job and if not, they will email you. I was excited to know I got the job:).

Interview Questions
    Make sure you look them in they eye, and don't be afraid to ask questions if you're not sure about something. They will tell you that. And just have fun. And try to speak so they can hear you otherwise they will think you will be too shy to encounter customers.

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy.

Old Navy was having open auditions which are basically open interviews. I went in, and there were around 20 other people there so the interviewer split us into two groups and made the first group answer some questions and the second group pick out an outfit for their mother or father. She then made us switch. It was an easy, lighthearted, and fun interview. I then got a call from the manager the next day, asking me to come in for a one on one interview. I met with her, and she asked me some basic questions like who is your biggest inspiration, etc. I haven't gotten a call back so I'm guessing I didn't get the job.

Sales Associate Old Navy Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Old Navy.

Group interview - very informal and relaxed. Hard to not repeat answers or have yours repeated by someone else since the questions were basic. Didn't take long to know if you were in the running. There wasn't a second interview either. If you got the job, they just called and offered it.

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Old Navy.

was called in a few days after i submitted my application online and went in the store to hand in a resume and introduce myself. i was asked to bring something i was passionate about because we would be talking about it. it was a group interview, and most of the interview was the two managers telling the candidates about the company and asking a few trivia-like questions, such as 'do you know what the 94 you see all across the store is, stands for?'. it didn't appear that these questions bore any weight on the interviewee, it seemed more like a way of breaking the ice. the atmosphere was fun and everyone was really nice. we left the interview, and were told we would be receiving news 'sooner than we think'.

Interview Questions
    • there was only one question that was asked to me specifically, and it was how i thought i could apply what i was passionate about to the store.   Answer Question

i accepted a position with another store that i was more interested in working in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Old Navy.

Their interview process has changed!!!!! It's SUCH A LONG PROCESS! First you apply. You have to apply online through Gap's website. There are NO PAPER COPIES OF APPLICATIONS IN EXISTENCE! The online part has a questionnaire. If you fail the questionnaire then a flag pops up on your application when it sends to the managers and it reads, "Do not hire!" If you fail the questionnaire then you don't get a job. But if you pass then the managers see a flag that shows that you're an acceptable human-being worthy of their time. Then they schedule you for a phone interview. I think there is one small phone interview with the Hiring Manager first. Then they will schedule you for what they call "an audition". Its morbidly embarrassing. You come into the store with maybe four other candidates and go through this process. This is essentially a group interview where they don't really address you individually at all. You come in and they have you do a game or maybe show and tell because they treat you as though you're in middle school. After that ice-breaker you do a game related to the store in some way. For example you're asked to go find an outfit for someone or an alternative to a specific item or something. These tasks prove to actually be difficult because Old Navy stores seem to be notorious for their extreme constant mess. Throughout your audition the managers are really trying to assess if you're outgoing and like-able. After the interview if they actually like you they schedule a phone interview with the store manager. Since this is alllll their new hiring process I'm not sure if the phone interview with the Store Manager is the last step or not they might have you come in for a face-to-face interview even after that I can't say for sure. So finally you're hired and you're asked to come in for training days. They give you two four hour shift of initial training I believe. I knew a girl who was on a training shift for I think anywhere from 9-12 hours because she wanted to squeeze it into one day. Throughout the training day you sign all the tax papers as usual and you watch excruciatingly awful store videos that take you through customer service policies and what not. Then the Hiring Manager takes you through some other procedures and processes as well. Later in the day you shadow some employees who train you on register or fitting room procedures. Keep in mind the employees who train you get paid the exact same amount (or less) than you do as a starting employee. So while getting trained expect to be training someone in the future who doesn't know what they're doing at all yet they get paid more than you.....

Interview Questions
    • The interview process isn't so heavy on questions strangely enough.... the most important part is the "audition" sadly....   View Answer
    No negotiation phase I was desperate....

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

I had one interview in which I talked about my previous work and my abilities. We discussed the retail business as well as my background in restaurants. We also discussed situational instances such as "how have you handled stress on previous projects and job sites". It was overall relaxing and enjoyable.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were situational, although all were feasible.   Answer Question