Old Navy Sales Associate Old Navy Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.0

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

Apply online, get a call from a store manager relatively soon, especially if close to the busy seasons. Meet with a hiring manager for one single interview after they review your applications. Decent candidates are often hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage having multiple tasks to do at the same time?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Old Navy

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

It was an open hiring event. There was a new store opening in Pleasant Prairie, WI, and I had a one on interview with a current employee of Old Navy.

Sales Associate Old Navy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy (Reading, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied through learn up which was very helpful. Learn up basically did a mini orientation that took about an hour then you applied through gap and I got an immediate interview they said to bring something that represents us or that we are passionate about. It was a group interview with three other people 2 females and one male. One of the workers there said for me to look around and get to know the store better after fifteen minutes the hiring manager came out asking around if we were getting interviewed, she was very energetic and sweet which made everything so much easier. She talked about herself and also asked us to introduce ourselves. I was nervous at first but the everybody was so nice that you forget about it, and also we were in the middle of the store during it which wasnt bad cause they were not busy that day. After she asked us all individually some questions we were put in pairs and asked to look for an outfit for memorial day after ten minutes we had to come back to the manager and explain why we picked the outfits. My partner was very sweet and made me feel better about it. The manager then wrapped up the interview said she was going on a mini vacation and that she was gonna run background checks and call us up if we were hired by next week. I feel like I have a chance because I was interactive and always spoke first when questioned. She also directed many questions towards me. I will update this if if she gets back at me or not. And also this is my first interview ever I was superrrrr nervous but the manager was super outgoing and sweet and it was fun and went better than expected. But I thank glassdoor for preparing me.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to the company? What would you you do if they were busy and a coworker was slacking off?   Answer Question

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

Interview process was very simple. Talked with the manager on what qualities I would bring to the company, why I should be picked for the job, and how would I like to grow in my position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Old Navy (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was very relaxing and nice. Most people are trying to impress of course the hiring manager it was a good experience. But we didn't have any individual and only did a group interview which is very disappointing because I was expecting more to be 1+1 and we just ended up picking the clothes for a date and tried my best, and I didn't get the job. Overall, it was a good experience for me.

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy in June 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. Two managers took us around the store and gave a tour, and we had to organize some flip flops which was seen as a "problem solving activity" and learned how to fold and organize jeans. While this was happening, we were pulled away individually and given the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about selling the Old Navy Card   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time a coworker/classmate was not pulling their weight in a group and how you handled it   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to sell something   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was okay but it was pretty short.. I wanted to job but sadly I guess they hired someone else. The interview was separated in groups by five by five

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Old Navy (Palmdale, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Received a call back in a few days. Group interview with hiring manager. No serious questions were asked. A few hours later received a call saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any super hero who would it be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reynoldsburg, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Old Navy (Reynoldsburg, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Very intimidating, it was a group interview with people who already had experience(I didn't; it was my first job interview), they made you pick out an outfit in 5 minutes and explain how it'll be good for whatever theme you were selected, and they made you sell it, you had to get to know everyone there and a lot of running around in the store, but I felt very intimidated because the hiring managers were giving nasty and uninterested looks (wouldn't give you any time to speak) Also they made everyone seem like they got the job, so be careful! I think that it would have been better if the interview were private, so you can get to know the person, without them speaking for only 1 minute about themselves. Just know about the history of Old Navy and about everyone else in the group interview because that's what only matters to them... not what you can do or impact the company.

Interview Questions

• What is Old Navy's parenting company?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What is the name of your partner and tell us 2 things about them? ( when you have to talk to everyone at the interview and get to know them)   1 Answer

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

the interview process was easy. The manager was easy going and friendly. I felt at ease answering questions, which is hard to do in any job interview. Then I was called and asked to come in for training, which was a series of videos, for which I got paid. I signed papers and filled out tax forms. Then the next shift I was shown around the store and trained in how to keep the store neat while greeting customers and offering help. The next couple of shifts I was trained on cash register.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable I was reporting an employee theft   1 Answer