Old Navy Interview Questions & Reviews in San Francisco, CA

2.9

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Old Navy in July 2014.

I received a phone call from their HR recruiter in charge of the req. The next day, we had a phone screening, and 3 days later he called to confirm a phone interview with the hiring manager, which took place 1 week from the original phone screening. Approximately 2 days later I received an email asking if I could come in the next day (Friday) or the following Monday for an in-person interview. I had to pay for the gas money to drive 100+ miles for this, they did not offer to reimburse. I spoke with 5 different people during a 2 hour period. I was told I would hear from the original HR recruiter when I left. Its now been 3 weeks since that day and I have not even had so much as a courtesy call to say they have moved on. I emailed the HR rep 2 times, and received no reply.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions, including clarification on your background experience, why you want to work for them, what are your greatest assets and your biggest flaws, etc.   Answer Question

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Navy in November 2012.

I applied online for the seasonal position during the holidays by completing an online application. Within two days, I received a phone call from the hiring department to schedule for an interview. Scheduling for the interview was very flexible, so I picked the day there was no school. On the day of the interview, I rang the door bell and someone came out to led me into their office. I was greeted by an women who was the person interviewing me. She appeared to be welcoming, friendly, and understanding. She asked me questions regarding experience, human relations, and work flexibility. I also had a chance to tell her my preference about what section of the store I liked to work. I informed her of my preference, and she told me a manager from that section would come to greet me. After the interview, I was told to wait on the bench outside her room for the manager from unloading section. Then after like five minutes, this manger came and introduced himself to me. I think his name might be Alan. He did not seem as nice as the interview person. Before going to the unloading section, I was told to leave and check in my backpack at the employee closet. Then he took me to the unloading section on the bottom floor of the store. He introduced me to some people and told me to take out and open boxes of merchandise, unwrap the plastic package, sort out items, and hang them on the clothes rack. I did what he required me to do. The employees there also seemed pretty easy to get along with. I performed the duties as he required to the best of my capabilities. Two hours later, he came back and told me to follow him to retrieve my belongings. He told me that was very focused on the job and someone would call me in the next three days if I got hired. Before I could leave the store, I had to let them look into my backpack.

In the next few days, I waited for them to contact me to tell me that I was hired. I was pretty confident that I would get hired because I thought I did well in the interview and they assigned me work for two hours. Unfortunately, I did not get a call from them and did not get hired. That two hours in the unloading section seemed to be a work performance evaluation.. Although there appeared to be other reasons, I could only presume that they thought my work performance on that day did not meet their expectations. In my opinion, I think I should at least have got compensated for that two hours of labor.

Interview Questions
    • All are typical questions at a job interview with similar position. But I have some challenge answering this question: how would you react if a co-worker is complaining about their job?   View Answer

Seasonal Sellebrity Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Brentwood, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy in October 2013.

Applied online, a week later received a call to come in for a group interview where we put together outfits, played games and got to know each other. Would have preferred a more personal interview.

Senior Tech PM Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy in January 2013.

Phone interview
    In person interview

Interview Questions

Found another position with better opportunities

IM Ready Program - Inventory Analyst/Allocator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Old Navy.

I was internally referred and heard back from a recruiter after 2 weeks. The initial HR phone interview was straight forward: talked about my education, explained my resume, experience using data, how have I used Excel. At the end of the phone call I was scheduled for an assessment day interview.

The assessment day was 4.5 hours long. I had three 1:1 interviews and 1 panel interview with two other candidates. There was a case question on inventory that I had to work through with a group while the interviewers observed and asked questions. Overall the experience was intense but positive. The staff was friendly, helpful, and organized.

I wasn't offered the position since there were many candidates with extensive retail backgrounds.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too surprising, questions were from the top 50 interview questions. Make sure you know the company's history, product lines, fashion trends, be familiar with retail math (you will get a calculator but you cannot reference formulas).   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Old Navy.

Reached out to a contact of mine who works at HQ and was asked to come in and interview for a recruiting position. I knew that I was slightly under-qualified based on the job description they posted online, but I was assured that I had enough experience to be taken seriously. I went onsite and met three people. One of the interviewers didn't really ask me any questions, just seemed to want to prep me for my next interviewer. The next interview was extremely casual. I'm all about that, but I didn't feel that I had enough time to describe my experience or ask any questions. I had done some extensive research about their global expansion strategies, but didn't feel that there was an appropriate time to discuss it with my interviewer. We were interrupted by another group needing to use the interview room and quickly wrapped up our meeting. My interviewer assured me that we would be in touch over the phone to answer any questions I had. I sent thank you notes and got no response. A week later I received a "thanks but no thanks" e-mail from their automated system.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions....just, "walk me through your resume" and that was about it.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Old Navy in July 2012.

Initial process was smooth. Including phone screen with recruiter, phone screen with hiring manager, phone screen with another member of operations. Invited to come in for interview in San Fran as next step to meet with three additional people. No feedback given to interview for about 45 days when notified of decision to pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • no really difficult questions, just a very rude recruiter who interrupted frequently   Answer Question

Customer Experience Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Old Navy in October 2011.

Group interview. Easy, fun. Depending on the season, the hiring/interview process takes longer/shorter. I only had to go through one interview (group). Then, the next time I showed up was for training.

Interview Questions
    • Probably when I was asked how I would utilize products to create the ultimate outfit for a customer. (It was my first retail job, okay, more like first job ever).   Answer Question

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy in February 2012.

Applied online.
    Contacted by HR and talked briefly about experience and job position.
    First a phone Interview with Hiring Manager; mainly diving deeper into resume/experience and more in-depth into job position.
    Second an on-site 1:1 interview with a group/panel (4 total); All interviews were very open/informal, with no specific format or questions... mainly talked with each interviewer about how their position ties into potential job position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult time when to convince a group of directors of a solution they weren't interested in.   Answer Question

Initial offer was $103k/year, but seemed to low. I asked more more and they upped it to $108k/year+$7k signing bonus. For Location, Field and years of experience, this offer was just a little bit to low.

Merchandising Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Old Navy in February 2012.

Received a token interview for the Merchandising Manager position at the flagship store in downtown San Francisco. I knew my chances weren't good right away when the interviewer (store manager?) rarely made eye contact and seemed distracted by what was going on around him. (The interview was conducted on the sales floor). He really didn't register much of anything I was saying in the duration, because many of his follow up questions I had answered in my previous responses. In fact, the only time he was engaging or seemed interested at all, was when I asked him about himself at the end of the interview. He spoke of moving to San Francisco recently from the east coast and how expensive it was comparatively. I assume, like some companies, the interview was just a formality and they probably have internal candidates already lined up for the position. I just hope in the future they can get people to "fake" it better and not make the process so awkward.

Interview Questions

Worked for Old Navy? Contribute to the Community!