Old Navy

Relevance Date Difficulty

Seasonal Sellebrity Interview

Seasonal Sellebrity
Brentwood, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, a week later received a call to come in for a group interview where we put together outfits, played games and got to know each other. Would have preferred a more personal interview.

Interview Question – To put together an outfit of choice   Answer Question

Senior Tech PM Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy in January 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview
In person interview

Interview Question – What are 3 things that you need improvement on   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Found another position with better opportunities

IM Ready Program - Inventory Analyst/Allocator Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – I was internally referred and heard back from a recruiter after 2 weeks. The initial HR phone interview was straight forward: talked about my education, explained my resume, experience using data, how have I used Excel. At the end of the phone call I was scheduled for an assessment day interview.

The assessment day was 4.5 hours long. I had three 1:1 interviews and 1 panel interview with two other candidates. There was a case question on inventory that I had to work through with a group while the interviewers observed and asked questions. Overall the experience was intense but positive. The staff was friendly, helpful, and organized.

I wasn't offered the position since there were many candidates with extensive retail backgrounds.

Interview Question – Nothing too surprising, questions were from the top 50 interview questions. Make sure you know the company's history, product lines, fashion trends, be familiar with retail math (you will get a calculator but you cannot reference formulas).   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview Details – Reached out to a contact of mine who works at HQ and was asked to come in and interview for a recruiting position. I knew that I was slightly under-qualified based on the job description they posted online, but I was assured that I had enough experience to be taken seriously. I went onsite and met three people. One of the interviewers didn't really ask me any questions, just seemed to want to prep me for my next interviewer. The next interview was extremely casual. I'm all about that, but I didn't feel that I had enough time to describe my experience or ask any questions. I had done some extensive research about their global expansion strategies, but didn't feel that there was an appropriate time to discuss it with my interviewer. We were interrupted by another group needing to use the interview room and quickly wrapped up our meeting. My interviewer assured me that we would be in touch over the phone to answer any questions I had. I sent thank you notes and got no response. A week later I received a "thanks but no thanks" e-mail from their automated system.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions....just, "walk me through your resume" and that was about it.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Old Navy in July 2012.

Interview Details – Initial process was smooth. Including phone screen with recruiter, phone screen with hiring manager, phone screen with another member of operations. Invited to come in for interview in San Fran as next step to meet with three additional people. No feedback given to interview for about 45 days when notified of decision to pursue other candidates.

Interview Question – no really difficult questions, just a very rude recruiter who interrupted frequently   Answer Question

Customer Experience Associate Interview

Customer Experience Associate
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Old Navy in October 2011.

Interview Details – Group interview. Easy, fun. Depending on the season, the hiring/interview process takes longer/shorter. I only had to go through one interview (group). Then, the next time I showed up was for training.

Interview Question – Probably when I was asked how I would utilize products to create the ultimate outfit for a customer. (It was my first retail job, okay, more like first job ever).   Answer Question

Supply Chain Manager Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy in February 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online.
Contacted by HR and talked briefly about experience and job position.
First a phone Interview with Hiring Manager; mainly diving deeper into resume/experience and more in-depth into job position.
Second an on-site 1:1 interview with a group/panel (4 total); All interviews were very open/informal, with no specific format or questions... mainly talked with each interviewer about how their position ties into potential job position.

Interview Question – Tell me about a difficult time when to convince a group of directors of a solution they weren't interested in.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Initial offer was $103k/year, but seemed to low. I asked more more and they upped it to $108k/year+$7k signing bonus. For Location, Field and years of experience, this offer was just a little bit to low.

Merchandising Manager Interview

Merchandising Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Old Navy in February 2012.

Interview Details – Received a token interview for the Merchandising Manager position at the flagship store in downtown San Francisco. I knew my chances weren't good right away when the interviewer (store manager?) rarely made eye contact and seemed distracted by what was going on around him. (The interview was conducted on the sales floor). He really didn't register much of anything I was saying in the duration, because many of his follow up questions I had answered in my previous responses. In fact, the only time he was engaging or seemed interested at all, was when I asked him about himself at the end of the interview. He spoke of moving to San Francisco recently from the east coast and how expensive it was comparatively. I assume, like some companies, the interview was just a formality and they probably have internal candidates already lined up for the position. I just hope in the future they can get people to "fake" it better and not make the process so awkward.

Interview Questions

Human Resources Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy in April 2011.

Interview Details – They are very thorough in the interview process. Be prepared; know your background and the role/company well. They like to hire internally which is what ended up happening in my case.

Interview Question – Situational/behavorial questions   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy in April 2008.

Interview Details – Phone call with recruiter to come in followed by three one hour interviews with different people. Personality fit most important.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Old Navy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Old Navy interview questions and advice in San Francisco, CA. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Old Navy employees and interview candidates.