Old Navy Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2014

2.1

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Old Navy.

Applied online through the Gap Inc. career site for seasonal sales associate position. I got a phone call about a week later to come to a group interview. Our group interview was quite large, probably about 20 people. I received an offer later that day.

Interview Questions
  • Talk about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you resolved the situation. In general, the group interview setting may be intimating for some, since you have to be proactive to answer the questions, as interviewer did not call on us each individually. (This might be different for a smaller interview group).   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Old Navy

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Old Navy in October 2013.

The hiring process was quick and easy. Applied online in October of 2013 and was called the next day to attend a group interview the same day. The group interview was laid back with simple questions. It's hard to stand out so try to be the first the answer the questions. After the group interview, each applicant had a private interview with either the store manager or assistant store manager. The next day, I was given the job. After the holiday season was over, I was kept along with around 5 other seasonal applicants.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was "Why are you awesome?". Coming up with an original answer to this question is very difficult.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Navy in November 2013.

I applied online, a week later I got a call to schedule out an interview. It was a group interview, and fairly easy.

Interview Questions
    • Who is your bestfriend? and what makes them your best friend?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

applied online, called two weeks later and was set for group interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Old Navy.

Applied online, first had a phone interview and did well on that then went in for a group interview. Was interviewed in a group with two other females, tried to make it fun and upbeat. Asked somewhat normal interview questions. Had a second normal interview in the back, asked about availability, etc.

Interview Questions
    • During the group interview, they had a big die that you rolled and had to make an outfit from what the outcome of the die was. For example, teenage girl on picture day.   View Answer
    No negotiations, not seasonal anyway. $8 an hour.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Old Navy.

There were not many questions pertaining to us very much. We played one game and then they talked about what it was like to work at their store.

Interview Questions
    • Please bring in an item that shows what you are passionate about   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and they called me within a week and told me I needed to bring an item that was special to me to the interview.
    I went in and it was a group interview with five other people. We got to know each other, played a game, chose an outfit to present to each other and that was it. I brought my item, but we did nothing with it...
    The manager conducting this audition asked a few of us to stay and told us she'd call to set up an interview.
    I had my interview the next day and was hired.
    SMILE, be friendly and be involved!

Interview Questions
    • What's something you recently learned?
      I was an idiot (I'm still in High School) and talked about school. Try and talk about life lessons.
        Answer Question
    $8.25/hr and I accepted... this is my first job

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Dartmouth, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Dartmouth, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Old Navy in October 2013.

I got a call a little after a week after applying and participated in a phone pre-screening with the hiring manager. She told me to bring an item I'm passionate about to the interview after setting me up for s group interview the next week.

At the interview, I was with three other candidates, all female and 2/3 of them were in school and I was the only girl there with no prior work experience. Anyway, we had to do an exercise where we had to break off in two groups of three and find three things we had in common. After that we colored and played games. The last exercise we had to do was go out on the sales floor and pick out an outfit to share with everyone. It took them 48 hours to call me about not being picked, even though I was the only one who had actual customer interaction the entire time. The odds were against me every step of the way because I had no prior experience, was not in college, and was probably the oldest candidate (I'm 20). The interview lasted an hour and fifteen minutes.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just asked about how hard/easy every exercise was.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fallbrook, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fallbrook, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Old Navy in November 2011.

I had help getting the interview from someone that already worked there. I went to the store and the interview took 15 minutes. She asked what I knew about the company and who the demographic was. That was basically it.

Not really open since I was a seasonal hire.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Applied online, got a call, group interview, got asked to come back for second interview, for second interview had a one on one with a manager, got called right away after I left with an offer.

no negotiation

Worked for Old Navy? Contribute to the Community!