Old Navy

Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.2

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Old Navy.

I arrived 15 minutes early. During this time, I had conversations with employees working the fitting room. They gave me some advice for the actual interview and were very friendly. The interview lasted about an hour. In the interview we introduced ourselves and said three interesting facts about ourselves. We were then asked to play a ice breaker game and find three things that we all had in common. Then we were shown each section of the store. Our task was to create an outfit and a story that goes along with the outfit. We were also asked to "sell" the outfit. Afterwards, we were then asked to put the items away and asked our availability. The interview was a group interview and we were all hired at the end.

No negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for Old Navy

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Old Navy.

First interview is what they call as a "audition". In the audition you are in a room with 5 other people 6 in call with 4 managers in different areas taking notes on each of you. You have to play some games and bring in one item from home that is something that you are passionate about (which they will have you talk about). The game was a scavenger hunt for items in the store. Some are trick items. Then you will talk about the item that you brought in. Then they will ask you to go around the store and pick out an outfit that you would wear and why you picked the items that you did. Then they will ask some questions from your application then send you on your way.

A few days later you will be asked back for a second interview with is a one on one with the store manager. They will ask you some questions on why you want to work there, what is something that you did that was up and beyond for a friends, and how you manage doing multiple things at once.

If they like you they will make you an offer to be apart of the team.

Interview Questions
    • Them asking about the stores most sold items. Who knew they sold so many flag shirts.   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Old Navy in October 2014.

Got a phone call about a week after I submitted the application online. I was asked to bring in an item that described me. It was a group interview. We did a couple ice breakers, then were given a scenario and asked to find an outfit in the floor. Very easygoing and fun interview. It was my first group interview.

Interview Questions

Daycare fell through, otherwise I would have accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendora, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendora, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Old Navy in October 2014.

I enjoyed the interview. A group of other 9 people and I went into the back meeting room with the manager. We were asked about our reason why we chose Old Navy and do an icebreaker activity in order to get to know one another. Then we were told to do a fun challenge on the sales floor. Our challenge was to put together a stylish outfit that resembles our fashion taste the best. It was super fun to grab accessories, shoes and clothes to create an outfit. Once we get back to the room, we volunteered to show our outfit and explain of why we chose these certain pieces. I didn't get the chance to show off my outfit, because time was cutting short and other interview group was waiting. Then the manager called a list of names for those who she wanted to speak individually and possibly set 2nd interviews. Unfortunately I wasn't called because there was a problem with the application and was told I can resend and give the manager a call. I did two follow ups, one over the phone and one in person, but I never got a response back. Despite the outcome, I enjoyed the interview. I had a great time getting to know other candidates and I felt very enthusiastic about the job.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Old Navy in October 2014.

The interview process went well and very quickly. Very impressed with how fast they got back to me. The interviewers were very nice and made me feel more comfortable during the process. The interviews I had made me want to work for the company even more because they were a very tight-knit group.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Old Navy.

Applied online through the Gap Inc. career site for seasonal sales associate position. I got a phone call about a week later to come to a group interview. Our group interview was quite large, probably about 20 people. I received an offer later that day.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you resolved the situation. In general, the group interview setting may be intimating for some, since you have to be proactive to answer the questions, as interviewer did not call on us each individually. (This might be different for a smaller interview group).   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

applied online, called two weeks later and was set for group interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Old Navy.

Applied online, first had a phone interview and did well on that then went in for a group interview. Was interviewed in a group with two other females, tried to make it fun and upbeat. Asked somewhat normal interview questions. Had a second normal interview in the back, asked about availability, etc.

Interview Questions
    • During the group interview, they had a big die that you rolled and had to make an outfit from what the outcome of the die was. For example, teenage girl on picture day.   View Answer
    No negotiations, not seasonal anyway. $8 an hour.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Old Navy.

There were not many questions pertaining to us very much. We played one game and then they talked about what it was like to work at their store.

Interview Questions
    • Please bring in an item that shows what you are passionate about   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Old Navy in November 2013.

I applied online and they called me within a week and told me I needed to bring an item that was special to me to the interview.
    I went in and it was a group interview with five other people. We got to know each other, played a game, chose an outfit to present to each other and that was it. I brought my item, but we did nothing with it...
    The manager conducting this audition asked a few of us to stay and told us she'd call to set up an interview.
    I had my interview the next day and was hired.
    SMILE, be friendly and be involved!

Interview Questions
    • What's something you recently learned?
      I was an idiot (I'm still in High School) and talked about school. Try and talk about life lessons.

Answer Question