Old Spaghetti Factory Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Old Spaghetti Factory

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Old Spaghetti Factory in March 2014.

I saw that OSF was hiring. I went in the next day dressed up properly to fill out and turn in the application. About a month goes by until I received a call from them asking if I still wanted an interview, and I told them I did. I had an interview with the Host Manager who asked me questions like.... So why would you want to work at the OSF? Tell me about yourself. *If you had three tables that just sat down at the same time how would you take care of all three of them equally?

It was a very laid back interview that lasted about 5 minutes, until he invited me to the next interview with the General Manager the following day. The general manager asked me the same question, why would I like to work here.... and then some more interesting ones. What are some good qualities in a waiter? HE IS LOOKING FOR A SPECIFIC ANSWER! A correct answer was obviously good customer service....but he is waiting to hear you say EFFICIENCY.

The general manager began saying how there has been waiters that have come into this job with the best customer service, but if you are not being efficient with your time then you will not last in this business. He began to talk about dress code at work, and after a few more minutes invited me to work for OSF!

I was really excited that I got the job because I do not have any prior restaurant experience, and there was a very high volume of applicants that were received (When you filled out your application you put it in a folder with the rest of them). The interview process is very simple and easy, they just want to see that you are personable and come to the interview dressed up nicely (I wore: dress shoes, black pants, leather belt, tucked in long sleeve button up, cleaned up face)

**Lastly for MEN: They have a certain rule for facial hair, I know that goatees are allowed, along with the choice of just a mustache, but for the interview it needs to be all clean cut, so your cheek area needs to be shaven.

Interview Questions
    • What are some good qualities that is needed for a waiter?   View Answer
    No negotiation, just accepted the job.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Duarte, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duarte, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Old Spaghetti Factory in June 2013.

Started with a phone interview, pretty standard set of questions. Went well enough that I was told I would have an interview with either a District Manager or a General manager next. The following week was contacted to have interview with a General manager. The questions were similar to phone interview but a bit more thorough. Was told at end of interview that I warranted another interview and expect the next one to be a "working interview/get to know us" interview. Went to another location the following week and did said "working interview". Seemed to go well worked with all FOH managers on the floor asked a lot of questions of them and even worked in the kitchen. At end was told by the GM there after working 3.5 hours of the "working interview" that the District Manager has been contacted and he will meet with me and call me in the next few days. During "Working Interview" was not payed nor fed. District Manager contacted me for 4th interview...He asked the same questions that were asked in the phone interview and had no notes on me from any of the previous "interviews"...Told me I sell my self very well but we generally hire from within. What a complete waste of my time and gas money. Highly unprofessional. Would not suggest anyone that is an outsider to apply for management.

Interview Questions
    • What would make you quit?   View Answer
    • How do you know if you are hiring a good employee or not?   View Answer

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Old Spaghetti Factory.

I went in to turn in a resume and application (dressed up in business attire). I asked to see a manager, who brought me into one of the banquet rooms and interviewed me on the spot. He asked me basic questions about what my hobbies and interests were. Very informal and low pressure. I was hired right then and there. I was given a date to come back to meet the GM to go through training (video about the company and a tour of the facility).

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Old Spaghetti Factory in January 2012.

they hired me in one interview

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tacoma, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Old Spaghetti Factory in October 2011.

3 interview 2 with the kitchen mamager then your third and final with the general manager.

Interview Questions
    No nogotiation take it or leave it

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Old Spaghetti Factory in April 2011.

First i had the interview with the Host Manager and he liked me after that i had to give another interview with the General Manager, and after his approval i was hired.

Busser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Old Spaghetti Factory in June 2010.

Went in person to drop off application, I was called back within a week and interviewed with two managers. Pretty painless overall.

Interview Questions
    • Is it better to provide exceptional service to one person, or to provide average service to several people.   View Answer
    none

Busser Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Old Spaghetti Factory in January 2009.

10 minute interview with manager.

No negotiation

Line Cook Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Old Spaghetti Factory.

Walked in and applied in person during non-peak times. Casual chat about what position I was interested in, my previous restaurant experience, and my availability. Resume not really a factor. Was offered a position on the spot, and given a tour of the facility.

None.

Server Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Old Spaghetti Factory in July 2011.

The interview process was not bad. Got there before lunchtime..Was asked questions about my personality. Also asked about my previous experience as a waiter. They just want to see that you are personable and have experience dealing with customers . It was a great job. Tips were very good and I recommend it to anybody. Worked there for over a year and made some good friends .

Interview Questions

Worked for Old Spaghetti Factory? Contribute to the Community!