Old Time Pottery Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015

1.8

Part-Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Old Time Pottery (Wilmington, NC).

Interview

Interview was nothing special very much like any other interview with alot of the same questions. Interviewer asked questions on past employment to see if I was familiar with working retail.

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation phase. I was informed that they pay more than min. wage because they expected more than min. wage work but I later found out that they may start you out over min. wage because the raise percentage is very low and it comes yearly.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bonita Springs, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Old Time Pottery (Bonita Springs, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and asked if I would be interested in the position, I talked with him about 30 mins on the phone and we agreed it would be a good fit. I was contacted two days later for an interview with SM , DM and HR rep. I completed the interview with them and was made an offer after the weekend.

Interview Questions

• None. Real pleasant people to interview with, asked basic interview guide questions and previous employment   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as I felt the pay was what I was looking for

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Old Time Pottery (Greenville, SC).

Interview

Showed up, got seated in the front of the store in front of customers/employees (very professional). Was asked basic interview questions. Somehow the conversation was diverted to a show on TV and then the interview was over.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult was asked.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one. I was asked to come in to fill out paperwork.

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Old Time Pottery (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I applied at a job fair for a store that was about to be opened. It was a fairly standard job fair; I filled out a paper application (no résumé necessary) and interviews were on a first-come, first-served basis. Various interviews were held at once in a large room, but they were one on one. My interviewer was friendly and set me at ease.

Interview Questions

• A math question (not difficult, but unexpected). I believe it was "If a customer buys $42.50 worth of merchandise, and hands you a $50 bill, what's the change?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. I either accepted their terms or not.

Part-Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulf Shores, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Old Time Pottery (Gulf Shores, AL) in May 2013.

Interview

I filled out an application at the store & turned it in, then completed an online aptitude test. I was asked to come in for an interview with the manager who asked several questions about how I would various situations. Once my background check came back cleaen I was immediately hired.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Old Time Pottery (Clarksville, IN) in August 2012.

Interview

basic questions, one in person interview with store manager, basic first interview questions, fairly casual and laid back. store mgt. is nice, not a panel interview, one on one with store manager, tour of store

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in five years   1 Answer

Office/Cash Room Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Old Time Pottery (Murfreesboro, TN) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied online, and was contacted by phone to set up an interview. It took a couple days of phone tag and haggling with the odd store office hours to get a set interview date and time. There was a single interview with the Assistant Store Manager (who is no longer with the Murfreesboro store) that lasted roughly 25-30 minutes. He asked the standard retail questions about experiences with the public and how I would handle situations with customers. He asked about my resume and skills set as it would pertain to multiple positions within the store. I was thanked for my time and told I would be contacted within the week. The management team seemed like they were excited about the store and involved, however, many of the hourly employees seemed like they did not care and were not happy with job they had.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you provided excellent customer service and went above and beyond your job requirements to make a customer leave happy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I wasn't told the final position, pay, or hours until I came in to fill out the paperwork and was not given any options other than take it or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Old Time Pottery (Madison, AL) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview was very basic. Questions like: What is customer service to you? Have you ever or how often are you late to work? What would you do if you didn't get along with another employee? Are you willing to work weekends and holidays? Has there ever been a time that you couldn't complete a task? How did you handle it? The interview itself was short. The manager followed a cookie-cutter list of questions. Personally, I practiced a lot of the questions that were asked. This allowed me to have well worded answers and the hiring manager found that impressive.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you didn't get along with another coworker?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations offered.

Any Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Old Time Pottery (Fort Myers, FL) in September 2010.

Interview

Filled out paper application, turned in next day. Received a call about 2 weeks later to set up interview. Went to interview, took about 30 minutes and was informed a background check would take place. Took about a week for the company to get results of background check and once that occurred, I received a phone call informing me I got the job and to report for work the following day.

Anonymous Employee in Casselberry, FL

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Old Time Pottery (Casselberry, FL) in May 2009.

Interview

if you are breathing they will hire you

Interview Questions

• dont have any but they ask if you can work weekends and throw the trash out   Answer Question