Old World Industries

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Human Resources Generalist

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Old World Industries.

Interview Details – I received a call for a phone interview. When the interviewer called, she did not tell me what her role with the company was.

She then proceeded to ask me a checklist of questions. She appeared both inexperienced and came off as unprofessional. She interrupted me after about ten seconds into each of my answers and jumped to the next question on her "checklist." She seemed rushed and impatient. After the last question was asked, she did not give me the opportunity to ask questions.

This was a very negative experience and I would NOT want to work for this organization based on the initial contact.

Not surprisingly, I never received a response from the company.

This HR person really needs some serious training on Interviewing 101!!

Transportation Manager Interview

Transportation Manager
Northbrook, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Old World Industries in April 2011.

Interview Details – I saw the posting on a job board and reached out to a few people via Linked-In. I got a reply the next day saying they liked my background and I should be getting a call from HR. I received a call from HR requesting to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was with HR about a week after the e-mail. They went over my background and asked me some questions about it. They also asked me about my salary expectations. I told them my salary expectations and they came back with this position pays x which was significantly less then what I said. I said that is fine since I wanted to see what the opportunity was before I said no just bc of salary. About a week after the phone interview I received a call that they wanted me to come in for a face to face interview.

I was told that I would be meeting with two individuals and titles were not given. I first met with a Senior Transportation Manager. The biggest frustration I had was when I asked about career opportunities and how you are evaluated he gave very vague answers. On how you were evaluated he simply said you have a yearly review. In all other interviews people were always able to at least give me vague criteria on what I would be measured on. He really did not ask me any questions it was me more asking him questions. I then met with another Senior Transportation Manager. I asked him the same question about career opportunities and what I would be evaluated on and he gave me the same answers. This raised a red flag to me that one the pay is not great nor are they giving me any info on a career path. He did ask me a few questions but nothing too difficult. The final person I met with was the Director of Transportation. She asked me to go through my career and tell her what value I brought to each company. She was telling me a little about her background and I asked how long she was in her position. She told me 13 and a half years and but she does not get hung out on title. So again I asked about career opportunities and she stopped me said it is funny you should ask. She said this question is exactly why you are not a fit for this position. You are too eager you are not even working here and you are already wondering about the next position. I like straight shooters but to be told you are too eager to ask about career opportunities I was a bit shocked. She said that, that type of questioning comes off as pushy. In this company you work hard and everything will take care of itself. She did tell me my qualifications were strong but my eagerness was a deal killer. She went on to say she only worked for two jobs in 25 years and I had 6 in 11 years and to her that is a job jumper. Just as a side note I worked for a company that went out of business and the last two jobs I got laid off so I do not know what she wanted me to do in those cases. I respect her honesty and opinion but I believe she had it in her head I was a job jumper and once I mentioned career path that cemented it for her. I was happy she said it was not a fit for them bc it was not for me either. The low pay and the fact that you could get a straight answer about career opportunities did it for me. All three people were in there positions for over four years (it is also the positions they got hired for) so that tells me there is limited career growth.

Interview Questions

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
Kenosha, WI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Old World Industries in September 2009.

Interview Details – Phone screen followed by panel interview with Corporate Human Resources Director and Regional Human Resources Director to discuss several behavioral interview type questions. The panel interview last in excess of an hour and was well run.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult recruiting challenge you were faced with as the Human Resource Director with your previous employer.   Answer Question
  • What information can you provide about our company and our mission.   Answer Question

Worked for Old World Industries? Contribute to the Community!