Olga's Kitchen Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Olga's Kitchen

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Olga's Kitchen.

Interview

I first met with the assistant manager and had a basic "get to know you" interview. She then set up an interview for me with the store's GM. After a 30 minute conversation (during which I barely got a word in) I was offered the job. There were no hard, hair pulling questions.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Michigan Center, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Olga's Kitchen (Michigan Center, MI) in February 2013.

Interview

Initial communication was smooth , Interview was hurried,and the hiring manager showed his disinterest clearly.Maybe he had already selected who to hire. Disappointing experience.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield Township, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olga's Kitchen (Bloomfield Township, MI) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process was well structured and semi-efficient.

Interview Questions

• What superpower would you choose?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The one problem I encountered is I was offered a position as Good to Go with the plan of transferring me to a server, and after a year it still didn't happen. I had to transfer to a different store for this to happen.

Anonymous Employee in Woodhaven, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Olga's Kitchen (Woodhaven, MI) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview by two manager. 1 of which asked me about myself. The other sat and spoke about himself, and even asked "what kind of drugs do you do"? He then went on to talk about a server who once did Heroin in the place. Overall i go a very "im too cool" vibe.

Interview Questions

• What kind of drugs do you do?   1 Answer

Catering Sales Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Olga's Kitchen in January 2012.

Interview

HR manager responded to my resume. Everything seemed very professional and was given a phone interview by HR manager. A few days later I was referred to the Marketing Manager. Quick phone conversation to schedule a 1:1 interview - no details of the job or what area of metro Detroit the job would cover. For the interview, I had to drive well over an hour and had asked during the phone call, why she would pick that location. I was in that area on that day, but later found out it was part of the territory for the position. If I had known it what areas they were looking to cover, I would not have wasted their time or mine. Communication and territory needs to be listed on the job description. Overall I wasn't impressed with the information given regarding the job, territory and expectations. Most of the answers to my questions regarding the job were vague at best. Not impressed. The interviewer more focused on my dates of employment more than my skills and experience.

Interview Questions

• Who would you consider to be our main competition?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Olga's Kitchen in December 2009.

Interview

I was called a few days after I put the application in. They wanted me to come in approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes from the time I received the phone call. It was the week of christmas and this Olgas is located inside a mall so it was bound to be a bit busy. There was a lined formed outside so I stood in line and waited to be interviewed. Pretty soon another girl showed up to be interviewed. She was scheduled 15 minutes after me. I ended up waiting over an hour before they interviewed me. Finally someone came and got me and it was my turn to be interviewed. The interview lasted about 10 minutes and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• No questions about being a server were really mention. Maybe he as how do I work under stress? things like that.   Answer Question