Olga's Kitchen

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Server Interview

Bloomfield Township, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Olga's Kitchen in June 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was well structured and semi-efficient.

Interview Question – What superpower would you choose?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The one problem I encountered is I was offered a position as Good to Go with the plan of transferring me to a server, and after a year it still didn't happen. I had to transfer to a different store for this to happen.

General Manager Interview

Michigan Center, MI

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Olga's Kitchen in February 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communication was smooth , Interview was hurried,and the hiring manager showed his disinterest clearly.Maybe he had already selected who to hire.
Disappointing experience.

Interview Question – Why I chose the career path that I did.   Answer Question

Catering Sales Manager Interview

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Olga's Kitchen in January 2012.

Interview Details – HR manager responded to my resume. Everything seemed very professional and was given a phone interview by HR manager. A few days later I was referred to the Marketing Manager. Quick phone conversation to schedule a 1:1 interview - no details of the job or what area of metro Detroit the job would cover.

For the interview, I had to drive well over an hour and had asked during the phone call, why she would pick that location. I was in that area on that day, but later found out it was part of the territory for the position. If I had known it what areas they were looking to cover, I would not have wasted their time or mine. Communication and territory needs to be listed on the job description.

Overall I wasn't impressed with the information given regarding the job, territory and expectations. Most of the answers to my questions regarding the job were vague at best. Not impressed. The interviewer more focused on my dates of employment more than my skills and experience.

Interview Question – Who would you consider to be our main competition?   View Answer

Server Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Olga's Kitchen in December 2009.

Interview Details – I was called a few days after I put the application in. They wanted me to come in approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes from the time I received the phone call. It was the week of christmas and this Olgas is located inside a mall so it was bound to be a bit busy. There was a lined formed outside so I stood in line and waited to be interviewed. Pretty soon another girl showed up to be interviewed. She was scheduled 15 minutes after me. I ended up waiting over an hour before they interviewed me. Finally someone came and got me and it was my turn to be interviewed. The interview lasted about 10 minutes and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – No questions about being a server were really mention.
Maybe he as how do I work under stress? things like that.
  Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Olga's Kitchen? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Olga's Kitchen interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Olga's Kitchen employees and interview candidates.