Oliff Berridge

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Attorney Interview

Associate Attorney
Alexandria, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Oliff Berridge.

Interview Details – I wouldn't describe it as an interview process, but more of a parade. There is no interview, but more of a meet-and-greet. After two to three rounds of phone interviews where you talk about what you have done in life, they fly you to the main office in Alexandria, Virginia. They ask you on Thursday or Friday if you can catch a plane on Tuesday morning. You meet with one of the head partners, who is pleasant but reeks of being overworked and harassed. He then parades you around to five or six life-time employees. They are all pleasantly surprised to meet you, seemingly unaware that you were being flown in to interview. You get to know each of them fairly well before being whisked away to the next person. Finally, you meet with an HR representative, who then lets you know if you will be meeting the executive board early the next morning. That entails meeting with people at a board room who actually ask you questions about your resume. I was led to believe that this was a rubber stamp.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was "tell me about yourself" because it is asked half a dozen times.   View Answer

Administrative Interview

Administrative
Alexandria, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Oliff Berridge.

Interview Details – The interview process has changed since I interviewed but for an administrative position, you will likely meet with the HR personnel and then with the manager of the department you are interested in.

Interview Question – They are all very basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You could probably negotiate depending on how desperate they are but they are almost always desperate since the turnover rate is so high.

Attorney Interview

Attorney
Alexandria, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Oliff Berridge in April 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed one on one with several attorneys. Then I was brought back for a group interview with the top partners in the firm.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was made an offer and accepted.

Technical Specialist Interview

Technical Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oliff Berridge in January 2009.

Interview Details – The firm was extremely clean and organized and it seemed the firm had a very unique schedule requirement to its employees. It appeared everyone I talked to was nice. However, other friends told me that working therein could be tough. Anyway, I did not get an offer.

Worked for Oliff Berridge? Contribute to the Community!