Oliff Berridge

Updated Oct 27, 2014
Updated Oct 27, 2014

2.5

New Applications Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Oliff Berridge.

Received an interview through a recruiter. The interview consisted of two portions. First was with an HR representative who just went over compensation and benefits. The second portion was the actual interview. The interviewer was very pleasant and very engaging. They gave a quick tour of the company as well as where I would be working.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected question. Only "unexpected" question was "Tell me about yourself"   Answer Question

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Oliff Berridge.

I wouldn't describe it as an interview process, but more of a parade. There is no interview, but more of a meet-and-greet. After two to three rounds of phone interviews where you talk about what you have done in life, they fly you to the main office in Alexandria, Virginia. They ask you on Thursday or Friday if you can catch a plane on Tuesday morning. You meet with one of the head partners, who is pleasant but reeks of being overworked and harassed. He then parades you around to five or six life-time employees. They are all pleasantly surprised to meet you, seemingly unaware that you were being flown in to interview. You get to know each of them fairly well before being whisked away to the next person. Finally, you meet with an HR representative, who then lets you know if you will be meeting the executive board early the next morning. That entails meeting with people at a board room who actually ask you questions about your resume. I was led to believe that this was a rubber stamp.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was "tell me about yourself" because it is asked half a dozen times.   View Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oliff Berridge.

The interview process has changed since I interviewed but for an administrative position, you will likely meet with the HR personnel and then with the manager of the department you are interested in.

Interview Questions
    You could probably negotiate depending on how desperate they are but they are almost always desperate since the turnover rate is so high.

Administrative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oliff Berridge in July 2012.

I got sent in for an interview by a staffing agency. It was an easy process and got the job the same day. The salary was average for the position.

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oliff Berridge in April 2009.

Interviewed one on one with several attorneys. Then I was brought back for a group interview with the top partners in the firm.

Interview Questions
    I was made an offer and accepted.

Technical Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oliff Berridge in January 2009.

The firm was extremely clean and organized and it seemed the firm had a very unique schedule requirement to its employees. It appeared everyone I talked to was nice. However, other friends told me that working therein could be tough. Anyway, I did not get an offer.