Olin Chlor Alkali

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.5

Lab Technician Interview

Submitted resume on their website. Got a phone interview with my supervisor, manager, and HR manager two weeks later. Invited to plant the next week for another interview with the same three people and an engineer. Called me at the end of the day with an offer. I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions. All behavioral based.

Tell us about your overall strategy for leading a group. (for a school project)
        Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Olin Chlor Alkali in October 2013.

Got a call from HR, saying that they got my resume from one of the job boards. Then, they scheduled with me when I will like to be interviewed. The whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was very brief, as the HR Manager was kinda in a hurry, as such could not give the type of interview expected. All he asked was if I had the right to work in the US, which I said yes and other questions on my resume reviews for 5 mins.   View Answer

Chemical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McIntosh, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McIntosh, AL

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Olin Chlor Alkali in October 2013.

Phone interview was a 2-panel interview with an HR representative and an engineer. The questions mostly revolved around the information contained on my resume. It is imperative to know everything included on your resume because follow up questions were also asked. There were also 2 to 3 behavioral questions asked; the phone interview lasted about 45 minutes.

The second interview was in person, and was a 3-panel interview with an HR representative and 2 engineers. The interview consisted of 5 behavioral questions, each of which, having the same follow-up questions (e.g. "Tell me about a time when...", "What did you learn from that experience", "How have you used that lesson since then"). If you familiarize yourself with the STAR Method, the interview will go very smoothly.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions I received were the follow-up questions asked during the phone interview. The questions were related to safety programs that I have little to no knowledge of, but they were listed on the job posting. I suggest reviewing the job posting thoroughly and becoming familiar with every aspect of it.   Answer Question
    I was very happy with the offer and did not feel a need to negotiate.

Operations Loader Caustic/Bleach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Niagara Falls, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niagara Falls, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Olin Chlor Alkali in April 2011.

4 exams from easy to difficult. I have a military background and a bachelor degree with progressive and diverse experience. Typical questions just study and know yourself as well as be able to explain everything on your resume.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation process rate of pay is set based on the Union, $17 to start for 90 days then increases 5% from 80% to 100% for the next 4 years, top rate for 2012 is $30.85.

Worked for Olin Chlor Alkali? Contribute to the Community!