Olin Chlor Alkali

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Olin Chlor Alkali in October 2013.

Interview Details – Got a call from HR, saying that they got my resume from one of the job boards. Then, they scheduled with me when I will like to be interviewed. The whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Interview was very brief, as the HR Manager was kinda in a hurry, as such could not give the type of interview expected. All he asked was if I had the right to work in the US, which I said yes and other questions on my resume reviews for 5 mins.   View Answer

Chemical Engineer I Interview

Chemical Engineer I
McIntosh, AL

I applied through other source and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Olin Chlor Alkali in October 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview was a 2-panel interview with an HR representative and an engineer. The questions mostly revolved around the information contained on my resume. It is imperative to know everything included on your resume because follow up questions were also asked. There were also 2 to 3 behavioral questions asked; the phone interview lasted about 45 minutes.

The second interview was in person, and was a 3-panel interview with an HR representative and 2 engineers. The interview consisted of 5 behavioral questions, each of which, having the same follow-up questions (e.g. "Tell me about a time when...", "What did you learn from that experience", "How have you used that lesson since then"). If you familiarize yourself with the STAR Method, the interview will go very smoothly.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions I received were the follow-up questions asked during the phone interview. The questions were related to safety programs that I have little to no knowledge of, but they were listed on the job posting. I suggest reviewing the job posting thoroughly and becoming familiar with every aspect of it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was very happy with the offer and did not feel a need to negotiate.

Operations Loader Caustic/Bleach Interview

Operations Loader Caustic/Bleach
Niagara Falls, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Olin Chlor Alkali in April 2011.

Interview Details – 4 exams from easy to difficult. I have a military background and a bachelor degree with progressive and diverse experience. Typical questions just study and know yourself as well as be able to explain everything on your resume.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when ....   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation process rate of pay is set based on the Union, $17 to start for 90 days then increases 5% from 80% to 100% for the next 4 years, top rate for 2012 is $30.85.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Olin Chlor Alkali? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Olin Chlor Alkali interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Olin Chlor Alkali employees and interview candidates.