Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

Average Difficulty
142 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manhattan, KS

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants in May 2012.

Interview Details – you must Apply online and I waited for a good two months before I heard anything. They called me for an interview. I went through 2 interviews and was hired.

Interview Question – Sell this food item to me. Go!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants in July 2014.

Interview Details – I sat with the first manager and was asked basic costumer service questions, along with some tough ones. The GM then came in and asked me almost the same questions. They went back and talked and came back and say down and let me know of their decision.

Interview Questions

• What are some disputes you've had with customers?   View Answer
  • How can you make a memorable experience for our guests?   View Answer
  • Why do we need people to come back in?   View Answer

Back Up/Production Interview

Back Up/Production

Interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

Interview Details – i had one interview with two people...they basically ask normal questions. tell me a lil about yourself, where have you worked before. what are your pros and cons. how long do you see yourself working for use. Why should we hire you out of the other 9 i interviewed.

Negotiation Details – If you have experience, they will work on you about how much you make.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Restaurant Manager
Orlando, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview Details – My interview process was different, in that I was promoted from being a tipped/hourly team member. I had to demonstrate my qualifications, and genuinely wanting the position, by completing a few eligibility programs and helping open two new restaurant locations. I had to interview with both the HR manager and the Director of Operations for that region.

Interview Question – The most difficult question asked was regarding food/labor cost percentages and how I managed, or would manage, those costs.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Being an internal promote, there was no negotiation phase for me.

Server

I applied online and interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview Details – Interview went pretty well. There weren't any difficult questions. Just be yourself. Prepare to have stories to tell about your most recent job. The interview mostly consist of telling about yoir qualifications and experience.

Interview Question – Name a stressful situation you had at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating

Line Cook Interview

Line Cook
Keene, NH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants in May 2012.

Interview Details – There will be two interviews so if you make it the second you know you got the job. After the first interview they take you around to see the whole place.

Interview Question – This is a very team work oriented place so be ready to get asked about leadership skills and the like.   Answer Question

First Mesa, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants in August 2010.

Interview Details – I have been employed with Olive Garden for a long time, so my experience with the interview process is less applicable. At the time, I filled out a paper app( now they do online). It was prior to the opening of a new location. I then sat down with one of the opening trainers and just discussed basic interview questions, like what I was looking for and what my experience was. This was followed up with a second interview with the service manager for that particular location. Same battery of questions.

Interview Question – I don't recall the specific questions, unfortunately.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Sever Interview

Sever
Riverside, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants in January 2011.

Interview Details – It started with the online application. The hiring manager doesn't even like to come and meet any person seeking a job. Even if you call they simply pass you along so everything is based on your resume and experience.

Interview Question – Sell me something from the menu?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None.

Hostess Interview

Hostess

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview Details – I went through 3 interviews. The first two were completely pointless because they both lasted less than 10 minutes and both only verified availability and where I go to high school. The second one did have a peer tour where a server showed me around the restaurant. The third one with the very nice and funny GM and was around 10-15 minutes long. All she basically asked me were questions geared toward what would make me a good hostess.

Interview Question – What would a great host act like and what would a bad host act like?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for minimum wage, she offered me more.

Hostess Interview

Hostess

Interview Details – I applied online. Within about a week, I got a call for an interview. First, I met with one of the shift managers who admitted that he wasn't staying - he was being transferred, so I thought that was odd that he was doing any hiring. He talked about customer service a lot. Then, I sat with the store manager and the interview mostly surrounded availability and teamwork. They wanted to know if I was flexible to work longer than the "shift" (which I found out later, there is no such thing as a shift - you get a start time, and then you are actually cut by management). Once she seemed pleased, she had one of the servers walk me around the building and show me the kitchen. It took about an hour.

Interview Question – I wasn't prepared for the scheduling question. Flexible doesn't mean that they sometimes switch your shifts - they mean, can we ask you to be here at 10am and not tell you when we're going to let you go. If that's fine for your schedule, then this job might be a good fit. But if you have obligations during the day such as school or picking up your kids, this arrangement might not be the best.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

Worked for Olive Garden Italian Restaurants? Contribute to the Community!