Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Keene, NH).

Interview

Applied on line, got email to call and setup interview. Standard questions from a sheet, your availability, why Olive Garden, was hired on the spot. Orientation was more of a cluster.. Very disorganized. Server training is a week of classroom and shadowing

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a difficult guest, how did you difuse situation   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

I applied online and a couple weeks later received an email to set up an interview. There was two separate interviews. Was hired in at the second. The entire process took about a month.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

It was a good and nice process, the questions were not difficult to me, just a regular interview. My interview was with the general manager of the store. It was quick like I said nothing difficult I wasn't looking for CEO of the company

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work with us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Columbia, SC) in July 2015.

Interview

This was the rudest and most unprofessional interview I was given. I arrived early and had to wait a half hour past my original time to finally be interviewed. During it, he kept leaving to do other stuff and talking over me when I answered questions to reply on his headset and leave. He didn't even pay me mind then set up the second interview. (Basically I passed the first round without doing anything.)

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Olive Garden?   1 Answer
    • How long did you work at the previous job? Why so short? Have you ever worked as a server?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Ideal work environment?   Answer Question
    • Availability? When can you start?   1 Answer
    • Work experience that would contribute here?   1 Answer

The staff was horrible. From the host who "greeted" me to the manager himself. He's the reason I wouldn't take it--so unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Baltimore, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was like no other restaurant interview. It began with a group interview. In the group interview we had a wine and spirit mini quiz. Then we were split up and had two manager interviews. I got the job so I must've done well!

Interview Questions

• What characteristics would you look for if you were hiring?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

it was a standard restaurant interview. Applied in the restaurant using a paper application and then received a call from the general manager about a week later. I met with the general manager and some of the host/togo team. Was offered the position a week later.

Interview Questions

• asked about how to handle angry guests, time management skills, why want to work here, etc   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

Applied online got a call back within the same week , interview was very smooth and standard,asked me general questions, got called back the next two days ,overall was not a difficult interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Wichita, KS).

Interview

Pretty Standard, behavioral questions etc. You usually meet with one of the managers below the general manager for a basic interview screening. If you make it through that interview they either have you interview the same day with the general manager or if they are not available they will reschedule you for another day. Pretty Easy!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

There were a lot of other people interviewing me, but they interview seperatly. It took a long time. I had to call back to get a 2nd interview. The first time I went there 2 different people interviewed me. They were nice, but they promised a call back that same night and never called me at all. Like I said, I had to call back 4 days later to be offered a second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Came in and was seated in the cafe area until the hiring manager was ready to conduct the interview. Was asked easy questions like tell me about yourself, why should we hire you, and other regular interview questions. The manager loved me, got a tour of the restaurant that day and a start date.