Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.1

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

it was a standard restaurant interview. Applied in the restaurant using a paper application and then received a call from the general manager about a week later. I met with the general manager and some of the host/togo team. Was offered the position a week later.

Interview Questions

• asked about how to handle angry guests, time management skills, why want to work here, etc   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

Applied online got a call back within the same week , interview was very smooth and standard,asked me general questions, got called back the next two days ,overall was not a difficult interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Wichita, KS).

Interview

Pretty Standard, behavioral questions etc. You usually meet with one of the managers below the general manager for a basic interview screening. If you make it through that interview they either have you interview the same day with the general manager or if they are not available they will reschedule you for another day. Pretty Easy!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

There were a lot of other people interviewing me, but they interview seperatly. It took a long time. I had to call back to get a 2nd interview. The first time I went there 2 different people interviewed me. They were nice, but they promised a call back that same night and never called me at all. Like I said, I had to call back 4 days later to be offered a second interview.

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (West Valley City, UT) in June 2015.

Interview

They were very nice people they even help me find the aplication online, I find them because i have experience in restaurant and I like to work in rerstaurant the application was easy I didnt have any problem

Interview Questions

• where i was working and how many jobs I've have and the last few years and if I know everything of wath Im applaying for .   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Bristol, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a 2 interview process. The first interview was basically getting a feel for if you are a good candidate for the job. They basically went over the entire application and double checked details. It was a lot more conversational then the second. The second interview was a little more difficult with a lot of situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you gave a positive customer experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Came in and was seated in the cafe area until the hiring manager was ready to conduct the interview. Was asked easy questions like tell me about yourself, why should we hire you, and other regular interview questions. The manager loved me, got a tour of the restaurant that day and a start date.

Server/Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Rochester, NY).

Interview

I had my first interview at two different Olive Gardens today. They called me the day after I filled out an application. They were pretty quick. The questions asked at both places were the same. I scheduled my second interview with the general manager right after. One of the places gave me a tour of the restaurant, but the second did not.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

pretty basics, care more about personality than experience, very easy going, was a first and second interview and you would be offered the job on the second, can take some time before starting though, were happy to work around your schedule, big questions were how your personal or work experiences would or could apply to serving and dealing with customers, really cared about your expectations

Interview Questions

• What do you expect as far as your pay and your day to day experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Bridgewater, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

The managers took about an hour to interview me. It was a little inconsiderate because they kept walking away, and leaving me there for 10+ minutes. Overall, the managers were pretty kind, and the interview wasn't that complex; I was given an offer on site. You should definitely come to this interview prepared to talk about your skill-sets, and dressed dressy-casual.

Interview Questions

• Why Olive Garden? Any past experience? What was the worst work experience you've ever had?   Answer Question