Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

2.1

Busser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsport, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Williamsport, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants in February 2015.

One of the managers took me to a back table in a quiet part of the floor, introduced themselves, asked me a few questions that were just basic "I have to ask this" then asked some more personal questions that she had thought of. Asked questions that weren't invasive, but got to know character and personality. Walked me out and told me to wait for an email.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation you've ever had with a customer?   Answer Question
    • What does working as a team in a restaurant setting mean to you?   Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants in February 2015.

You apply online and take a personal assessment test. If they like you get a face to face interview with a manager than a walk through. If you pass that you meet another manager for an interview then finally an interview with the general manager, AWFUL PLACE! During my last interview FLAKY was written at the top of my application in clear view. Yes I worked at a lot jobs during college but I was independent and lived in a very small college town. SO it was very difficult to get a job that was permanent and offered more than 10 hours a week. I have never felt so disrespected during an interview. Besides that the general manager was over 40 mins late for the interview and very rude..

Interview Questions
    • Favorite dish of Olive Garden and why?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

I had to interview with 3 different managers. They all told me something different and one told me there was no lomger a job available. After talking with him I went back with speaking to the others and got the job. Hiring process took about a month before i started training.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. Best way to make money is to cross train and pick up a lot of shifts.

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Very quick interview process, they asked a few basic questions which I gave straight responses to. I was interviewed by one individual and sent to another to get my acceptance package. I was way over qualified and they gave the job on the spot

There was none

Hoestess Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Very specific to the family theme. Questions were generic. Not very difficult. Every answer had to relate to the family style theme. My interviewer was running late. I thought it went well because they gave me a tour and had me speak to other workers, but I heard nothing for two weeks after. I called to ask the status of my application and they said the position was filled weeks ago and that they told me they said they wouldn't call if I didn't get it. It seemed rude.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants in January 2015.

I applied online and got an email back about a week later asking me to call them to set up an interview. They scheduled me to come in for an interview within the same week. One of the hosts sat me down in one of the booths and had me wait until the manager was free to interview me. The manager was very nice, made me feel comfortable, and even asked about my day. I guess they scheduled me for an interview on a really busy day so the manager was looking over my online application throughout the interview so she could figure out what to ask me. She asked the typical interview questions like what I knew about the company, why she should hire me, what I knew about the position I applied for, if I was only interested in the position I applied for, asked about school, previous jobs, etc. At the very end, she excused herself to talk to another manager there. She came back and offered me the job on the spot! Overall she was very professional and made me feel very comfortable throughout the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

I was recommended by an employee at the time so I skipped the phone screen. I was asked to come in, and at the time I had only a motorcycle as a form of transportation. They were extremely supportive as I came in proper interviewing attire. I was asked pretty basic interviewing questions with role plays and scenarios. They look for anybody who isn't anti social. This doesn't really put down their training though because they do welcome many people who don't have serving experience and allow them to go through a two week training process. Although I'm a believer in learning from action, the time, professionalism and proper management of the training program really gears someone who is made to serve, into a good server.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you encountered a disgruntled guest and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

take an online 1 hour test, first speak on the phone for about 45 min with a recruiter, then the final stage would be an interview with a director in the region you are applying

Interview Questions
    • not any difficult questions it is very easy to get the job if you are personable and experienced they need managers now has a couple have quit   Answer Question

Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants in December 2014.

Applied Online. Did Assessment then received an E Mail 2 days later requesting me to call to set up an interview. Called Interview set for the next day. Had 1st interview, went fine. Normal interview questions like personality & work ethics. It took about 1 hour to go thru all that including the Assessment test. 2 nd interview set up for a week later.

Interview Questions
    • How would I handle a Server that is yelling because she has a 25 min ticket?   Answer Question
    No room for negotiations its pretty cut & dried in this area of NY

Salad Alley Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants in December 2014.

I had an interview with the general manager, but had to wait a while because the restaurant was quite busy. We went to a back room where I was offered a drink, it was very casual. A lot of information was given to me all at once and nothing on paper. Questions were not very difficult and the manager answered my questions thoroughly. Overall it was a satisfactory experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here has got to be the most difficult, because you simply can't say "I need the money" because everyone says that and everyone needs money.   View Answer
    I have open availability, which gives more chances to have better hours. If you want a set schedule that is the same every week, do not have open availability.